Do you lucid dream?
Yes 77%  77%  [ 43 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 56

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2007, 6:40 am

I have a theory that aspies/autistics lucid dream. This could be because we like to have control of everything, or that we are always alert, even in our sleep.

What do you think?

nebula
Raven
Raven

09 Dec 2007, 7:03 am

I have very strong vivid dreams, I can even map them and walk around them while awake. The strangest thing for me is that they seem more real in a way. I get to live more in my dreams by doing all kinds of things that I seem to be unable to do in real life.

Other things that happen are I can get a female in my dream and cant stop thinking about them all through the following day.

So I do have really strong dreams and I prefer them apart from the occasional nightmare.

nebula
Raven
Raven

09 Dec 2007, 7:32 am

sorry I didn't look into the meaning of lucid, I get lucid dreams now and again but mostly vivid dreams. Usually within nightmares I realise that I dreaming and tend to push myself to wake and occasionally I will think I have woken but am still in the dream. I don't think people with autism all want control over everything we just more aware of everything.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 8:07 am

I have had almost lucid dreams....where I think I am awake but I am not.
I am prone to alot of very strange dreams that are not lucid.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 9:03 am

I dream a lot, and I often have either very vivid 'waking dreams' or lucid dreams. There've been times where my alarm has gone off, I've woken up, stretched a bit, lay back down, rolled over after a minute, got up, got dressed, then my brother's come in my room and started hassling me so I've started screaming at him to f-off....

...and then REALLY woken up to my alarm, with my poor brother down the hall going "What'd I do?! Leave me alone! I didn't do anything! Stop yelling at me!"

:D

Last edited by LeKiwi on 09 Dec 2007, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capriccio
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2007, 10:03 am

What's lucid dreaming?

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 10:25 am

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 11:17 am

I lucid dream to a ridiculous extent, about eighty percent of the time. Which can be kind of annoying, because if something really great is happening in the dream, it sucks when I know it's not real, and it'll be over as soon as I wake up. But yeah I lucid dream.

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 12:19 pm

I used to until a bout of sleep paralysis, and antidepressants two years ago. I kind of miss it.

aeroz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 12:33 pm

as a rule I try to stay ignorant of dreams. I love dreams, its like watching TV in your sleep. I hate waking up before I get to see the ending, which is often. But as a rule I know its a dream, and can control it when I want. Its why I cant say I've really had a nightmare. Because I always wake up through force of will and never from fear. I cannot take total control though. Whenever I attempt it my brain is forced into a waking state.

Once I did psycho-analasis and tried to figure out why humans spend more money when its cash, then with something like a credit card. I wish I could do that more often, would save me alot of time when it comes to my pet projects.

joeyThing81
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Dec 2007, 1:41 pm

i lucid dream very often.

is it normal to not just know that you are dreaming but also have control of your body in reality too? as in often i am dreaming, decide that in reality it's getting quite late or that i'm bored of my drema and force myself to wake?

when i dream i always know it's not reality (however i don't think i've ever attepted to steer the dream), and whilst i can see and feel my dream at the same time i can feel my bed around me, can move my arms slightly, and can force my eyes open to end the dream

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Dec 2007, 2:00 pm

Yes, I LOVE to lucid dream. The first ones I had were as a child and I did't know what I was doing at the time. But I learned quickly as it was a way to have some control of my nightmares. Now it's just another reality for me and one I enjoy immensly. When Queensrych came out w/ "Silent Lucidity" I of course loved it! BEAUTIFUL song.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Dec 2007, 2:12 pm

nope. i do get sleep paralaysis though

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 3:03 pm

That's all i do is lucid dream.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 4:19 pm

I lucid dreamed once as a kid... After that... I could never even remember dreams for over 10 years...

Nowadays, I can remember that I've had a dream after the fact, but the details are always random (no plot structure to the dreams whatsoever, whereas previous dreams involved stuff like my dad being abducted by aliens)

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 4:43 pm

i dream lucidly often

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl