Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 1:45 pm

Most of my avatars have been animals that I like. I think the first one (a galago) kind of looked like me because we both have big eyes, a round face, a small nose, and a small mouth:

The next one was a flying fox. I selected it because I like the animal. I don't think any animals look evil, but other people might see this flying fox as evil:

My current avatar is my favorite reptile.

Dunwich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2008, 2:48 pm

I'll probably never change my avatar because it does rather accurately describe who I am, and what I aspire to be.

Soundwave was always my favorite Transformer because he seemed like such a cool dad, and was strong, smart, and all-around competant.

He wasn't any better than I am as socializing, however, as exemplified in this pic of him crouching down to try and make friends with human teenagers at a high-school dance. He's not lording any superiority over them, just trying (and probably failing) to blend in with them. I always felt just as awkward and clueless at parties, but like Soundwave, I never let it get to me.

and that is beautiful.

-TMBG

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 2:57 pm

I chose this avatar because it was the 'standard' one that I found least "eh who GIVES a f***".....

and because I don't have the knowledge to "load" one more to my liking nor the patience to learn how at this time. Everywhere else where I KNOW how to load one, I use a screenshot of my Galka Monk from Final Fantasy XI Online. He's about 9 feet tall, 4 feet wide, has a tail and oh yeah, Galka are neuters. Oh, and he can punch just about any other race in Final Fantasy into orbit. He's bald with a beard. Read into what you want.

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 3:47 pm

Mine is one of a set of 4 self portraits.
Full Circle, representing some of her feelings about living with Aspergers Syndrome.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 3:54 pm

Mines just a pic of me haha, been the same for a year now, i recently took a new pic and want to put it on my avatar, but idk about it yet.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 4:02 pm

Me.

Brooks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2008, 4:04 pm

First off I like mine, because it shows how people and especially politicians try to use fear and panic to get what they want.

Secondly it is just dang funny, because I just don't think that way. I have to analyze things and then logically come to a conclusion, especially on something like Global Climate Change/Warming.

Desolation_boi
Raven
Raven

18 Jan 2008, 4:11 pm

Mine is of my favourite fictional aspie character. L rules!!

Spinetrak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2008, 4:37 pm

Oh, God, yes, I wish I was Bogart :)

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 6:34 pm

I like the colors, I don't like flipping through six thousand avatars to find one I like, and the others that I like more didn't fit the size requirement. Deep.

jjstar wrote:
No offense. I love that. Stick, punch and kick but utilize the 2 magic words* no offense*. Cop outs. Gotta love em.

Some people actually do say that when they mean it. Personally, I only use it when I realize that a question may sound offensive, but aspie that I am, I cannot figure out how to phrase it differently, and I truly don't mean offensive. I find it far more of a cop out to automatically assume things, really; that is offensive.

Three years!

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

18 Jan 2008, 7:34 pm

My avatar is based on my actual physical form; there are elements of my story woven into it; but the real me is something/someone who can never really be seen, only experienced; my avatar is a useful facade, just as my physical form is.

Someone recently told me that I come off as a playful trickster via my avatar; not a bad interpretation at all; I took it as a compliment.

Good fortune,

- Icarus is a shape that cannot exist in real space...

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 8:27 pm

Anyone who has read a few of my posts can figure out why I relate to my avatar. And it has nothing to do with snow :P I think about everything. Deeply.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 8:40 pm

siuan wrote:
Anyone who has read a few of my posts can figure out why I relate to my avatar. And it has nothing to do with snow :P I think about everything. Deeply.

Your avatar is one of my favorites on this site. I have always liked its simplicity and the way it represents the way you think (analytical, direct, and inquisitive). I also see it as a summary of your introspection and interest in physiology and medicine.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 8:49 pm

Icarus_Falling wrote:
Someone recently told me that I come off as a playful trickster via my avatar; not a bad interpretation at all; I took it as a compliment.

"Shotgun-wielding badass" comes to my mind. :wink:

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Jan 2008, 8:53 pm

Hmmm...I wonder what psycho babble interpretation can be put on the liverbird.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

18 Jan 2008, 9:32 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
"Shotgun-wielding badass" comes to my mind. :wink:

Haha, thanks, Phagocyte; my reputation is catching up with me. 8O :wink: I'm not really a badass; I just play one on life-TV sometimes when the need arises.

"See this?! This is my BOOM STICK!!" - Ash, Army of Darkness

Liverbird wrote:
Hmmm...I wonder what psycho babble interpretation can be put on the liverbird.

I've always just thought "Prometheus".

Good fortune,

- Icarus buys fire at S-Mart and gives it to mortals...