Employed or unemployed? (ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH ASPERGERS)

Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 2:23 am

Unemployed, trying to get a degree in web design.

If that doesn't work out, then I'm f*cked.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

chella
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2008, 2:27 am

unemployed.

IsThatAFact
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Mar 2008, 2:46 am

Employed in a job that fits my obsession! Until I recently started doing a masters degree part time, work was 10 hours a 6 days a week and I would do work at home during he evenings. Having a job that fits your obsession is not good it can feed and provide resources for the obsession!

After being employed and unemployed and having quite a few jobs over the last 30 years – my suggestion – find out what your strengths and weaknesses are and find a job that is close and then make it fit even better. Probably helps if you can find a job in a non-competitive arena, e.g., public service, academia, not for profit group, etc.

chrismjoyce
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Mar 2008, 3:37 am

I am Employed , Was doing full time until i decided to go college now doing Part time

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 3:55 am

Employed part-time, possibly soon starting another job that'll give me enough money to support myself. I plan to save some money, RUN back to university, and never leave again.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 5:22 am

Unemployed. It seems we're one extreme or the other. We're either unemployed or me own several companies.

tybald
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2008, 5:33 am

Currently studying and employed to pay the bills while I do so. I need to work or have something to occupy my time or I get really depressed.

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

30 Mar 2008, 6:45 am

unemployed , getting a fee from federal goverment (had to fight 7 years of court for recogniction of as)

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 7:39 am

Employed full time. Plus do other stuff in the evenings etc when I'm commissioned to do so.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 7:46 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Unemployed. I'm on disability, so I don't need a job.

I'm in the same situation as you, but I'll go crazy without something to do.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 9:26 am

Employed, part time (19 hours per week) at the library and love it. I am hoping to get a full time job after the new library opens in May.

Tennillian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2008, 9:53 am

Well I guess that depends on how you look at it. I do not work outside the home but I have two boys with ASDs. Between all their appointments and sevices they keep me pretty busy, not to mention the fact that I'm called to school at least twice a week because of behavior problems.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 11:02 am

Employed, but constantly worrying about hearing "you're doing a great job, but I feel that it would be best if you went to seek employment elsewhere" from my boss. (With that said, he's a reasonable person overall.) I don't make a lot, but enough to cover fixed expenses, entertainment, and occasional luxuries.

polarbear1010
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2008, 11:43 am

I am unemployed, give up finding work, employers in my area are a load of s**t, couldn't find a job

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 2:48 pm

Unemployed. The treadmill goes too fast for me at work.

I've been on welfare a long time and am desperate to get off, so I can get into better housing and eat better (they don't give us enough to live on long term). Am working towards self-employment as a writer but it's taking a long time . . . (Poverty is grinding me down and making it harder).

I read somewhere recently that the powers-that-be don't want full employment because then they'd have to pay people better and treat them better. Better to have permanent unemployment so workers are desperate and put up with crap. So being considered lazy for being unemployed is stupid and insulting - there simply aren't enough jobs to go round, even if we all were desperate to work.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Mar 2008, 3:04 pm

pat666rick wrote:
Wow, this is insane! I was expecting only 7 percent of you or so to be employed and the rest to be unemployed. Last month I came across some figure on the internet saying that something like only 7% of people with aspergers are employed. Is this a faulty figure or would you say it's accurate? From what you guys are saying it's more like 75% of you are employed while 25% or so are unemployed.
im sorry, i was being sarcastic. im not employed :lol: