problems getting out of bed in morning

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 5:41 am

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
Who here has problems getting up in the morning?

Ive always had problems getting out of bed in the morning. Partly because i have a hard time getting to sleep at night.

But the other part Sounds really silly. At least to "neurotypicals" it does so no one understands it. Can you guys tell me if u can undersatand it and if it sounds silly to you? that way i know if its an aspie thing or just a "me" thing.

The problem is that the bed is just so comfy!! !! !! And the pillow and blanket are just so soft!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! I want to get up but my body wants to continue to feel th softness on me. Does this make sence to you at all? or am i just weird? :?

Ravenclawgurl, my mum has EXACTLY the same problems every morning - or at least she did until recently. My mum is NT, although she does have some noticeable Aspie traits. She has told quite a few people about her sleeping problem (all NTs) and they do not really understand her. Because my mum has the problem I can kind of relate with you, if you see what I mean.

I'm sure quite a few Aspies and NTs have the same problem as you. I see it as a pretty usual thing myself - even though I don't really have it.

I hope you feel better about it now. :)

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 6:34 am

See if you can get your hands on one of those, The helicopter thingy flies away from it's stand when it goes off, and the alarm doesn't stop going off, until you fix it back together again.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 10:23 am

gismo wrote:
See if you can get your hands on one of those, The helicopter thingy flies away from it's stand when it goes off, and the alarm doesn't stop going off, until you fix it back together again.

My parents got me that for Christmas.

I haven't opened the box yet. I was wondering if the thing will fly off and poke me in the eye. Then I can sue the manufacturer for injury. Just kidding. :lol:

My problem is that I LIKE to lay in bed for a while in the morning. I hate having to immediately jump out of bed.

Amara
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Apr 2008, 10:46 am

Ravenclawgurl wrote:

Ive always had problems getting out of bed in the morning. Partly because i have a hard time getting to sleep at night.

But the other part Sounds really silly. At least to "neurotypicals" it does so no one understands it. Can you guys tell me if u can undersatand it and if it sounds silly to you? that way i know if its an aspie thing or just a "me" thing.

The problem is that the bed is just so comfy!! !! !! And the pillow and blanket are just so soft!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! I want to get up but my body wants to continue to feel th softness on me. Does this make sence to you at all? or am i just weird? :?

That is just like me, and it's not weird at all. I think even NTs prefer staying in their comfortable beds. My sister is the same way and she's an NT. When we were little we used to argue who would be dragged away from the bed first to take showers on trips. It always seemed to be me... :roll:

Polls were created to see if there are correlations to AS (just for fun)

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 3:23 pm

Ravenclawgurl wrote:

Yes. I found a good way to get over it. I like computer and if I get a minumum rest, I quicky get up and go to it.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 3:52 pm

These days I'm not much of a morning person. :wink:

SneezingPanda
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2008, 8:34 pm

I have major problems getting up in the morning.

As in, "manage to get up, walk across the room and turn off my alarm clock designed for the deaf and hard of hearing, and then walk to the other side of the room to turn off my travel alarm clock, and then go back to sleep and never remember getting up in the first place" problems.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 10:19 pm

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
At least to "neurotypicals" it does so no one understands it. Can you guys tell me if u can undersatand it and if it sounds silly to you? that way i know if its an aspie thing or just a "me" thing.

I've heard these sentiments exactly from numerous NTs, and I agree. :)

Sleep on a mattress of straw, and maybe you'll want to get up sooner. :D

Deus_Imperator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2008, 10:21 pm

No. I don't have a problem in getting up in the morning. At least I think I don't. I actually wake up about an hour (apparently) after I'm moving around. To me, I suddenly realise that I'm not in bed anymore.
This can be disturbing because once I "woke up" while driving, though I didn't crash so its fine.

Katou
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Apr 2008, 10:41 pm

I consider myself a morning person. As long as I get my 6-7 hours of required sleep, I'm good for the day.

Thomas1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2008, 12:35 am

gismo wrote:

What a remarkably evil device.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 1:17 am

I love my bed, as well. I have a very hard time, getting out of bed, because I like the warmth. However, I know that I've got to start another day.

JakeWilson
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2008, 2:27 am

I usually get 5 hours of sleep each night (It is starting to be on purpose because that is the minimum I need). But it has ALWAYS been hard for me to get up in the morning. This afternoon I set my alarm for 1:00 and put it on my dresser (which is below my bunk bed). However I woke up at 2:00 with the alarm clock ON my bed and ABOVE the dresser. I don't remember how it got there. (Of course I'm sure what happened was I turned the alarm clock, put it on my bed and went back to sleep).

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 8:36 am

im sure this is aspie thing it dosent mater which time i sleep i always like to lay just bit longer :P

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 10:03 am

Ravenclawgurl wrote:

I can totally identify, even when I am able to get up, I want to burrel in the blankets and pillows filled with feather downy. Evem when I am up, I feel cold and off and just want to burrel back in the soft covers again.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 1:28 pm

:D

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/