Asperger's - Aggression, Objective-minded ethics

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

doubtful
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2008, 8:54 am

Primarily, I'm interested to know of those here who would consider themselves as having or approximating an Aspergic personality generally - and not absolutely - described as: aggressive, domineering, competitive, sexualised, and heterosexual,

and which enjoys or relates favourably - and not absolutely - to activities such as: arguing/discussion/debate, fighting/martial arts, sports.

Secondarily, I'm interested to know of those from the above group who would also consider themselves as having or approximating a personality generally - and not absolutely - described as: just, fair, morally righteous, objective-minded (as opposed to those who naturally submit themselves to semantical and emotional appeals).

Additionally, a general description of your personality would also be appreciated.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 11:31 am

You could get a good idea of the answers you want by reading the site, I guess... the 1.4 million posts of the 18 thousand members.

doubtful
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2008, 11:40 am

That's a non-reply. I'd rather not have these here.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 12:28 pm

I suspect my reply is fairly typical of what you will receive.

In response to the word salad of your questions, I'm not at all sure what you are expecting to get.

I have no idea what you mean by "generally - and not absolutely".

The split of the first paragraph with a double line spacing makes no sense. (And referring to people as "which" is rather impolite.)

The "Secondarily..." part seems to require only responses from the "above group" to a set of essentially inverted criteria. I.e. I cannot see how you would expect any responders to that.

Then the parenthesised qualifier at the end of that makes no sense again, to me.

My initial response was mainly aimed at your final request.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 12:42 pm

Quote:
described as: aggressive, domineering, competitive, sexualised, and heterosexual,
and which enjoys or relates favourably - and not absolutely - to activities such as: arguing/discussion/debate, fighting/martial arts, sports.

Yes: aggression, heterosexual, arguing
Not really: discussion/debate
No: competitive, sexualised, fighting/martial arts, sports

doubtful
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2008, 12:47 pm

To reword, I am primarily interested in identifying aggressive, confrontational sorts who are also Aspergic. Secondarily, I am interested in identifying objective-minded sorts from this first group.

To clarify:
- The "which" refers to "personality".
- The paragraph spacing was meant for easier reading - nothing specifically grammatical.
- By "generally - and not absolutely", I mean that the characterisation should be taken generally, and not confined to the following list of traits/activities.
- And I don't believe the second criteria set is an inversion of the first.

Trident_infinity
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 May 2008, 12:57 pm

I fulfill all of those, except the Asperger's one, even though I have the diagnosis.