Does anyone have this certain behavior?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 6:07 pm

When my little sister's get into trouble I tend to smile and snicker. To hold back I bite my tongue. Sadly I swear one day I'm going to bite it in half LOL! The smiling/snicker is my view which is, you shouldn't of gotten in trouble in the first place so you deserve getting yelled at/spanking/writing sentences etc. (these are my family's main ways to deal with my little sister's problems.) :-(

aspiegirl87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2008, 6:29 pm

actually i do that sometimes with my little brother in that situation. i try not to snicker but its like its sometimes funny that he gets in trouble for something that he really deserves. I apologize afterwards but it just comes out.

samantca
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2008, 6:34 pm

I was the same way with my stepsister...

14 May 2008, 7:13 pm

I used to like getting my brothers into trouble when I was young because they always touched my stuff or they messed up something like ruined my outside cake I made with dirt and stuff or made a mess in my playhouse.

I also liked hearing my mother yelling at them and punishing them and I was always happy it wasn't me that was in trouble.

But then I stopped when they stopped touching my stuff because my brother was old enough to understand what makes me upset so he kept my younger brother and his friends out of my room.

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2008, 5:16 am

I think all kids do that! All children love to see someone else get in trouble, especially pesty little sisters. I don't think it's especially an Aspie trait.

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2008, 5:20 am

Meh.

My schadenfreude has higher aspirations than merely sniggering at my kin's minor misfortunes. I laughed at 9/11 and the Asian tsunami until my ribs ached. What amusement I gain from the most minor of others' misfortunes doesn't even get noticed any more.

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2008, 5:23 am

You're eeeeeeevil!! !

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2008, 6:09 am

Shelby wrote:
You're eeeeeeevil!! !

So a lot of people say.... but that is just because they're socially-dependant idiots, generally.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 7:47 am

SotiCoto wrote:
Meh.

My schadenfreude has higher aspirations than merely sniggering at my kin's minor misfortunes. I laughed at 9/11 and the Asian tsunami until my ribs ached. What amusement I gain from the most minor of others' misfortunes doesn't even get noticed any more.

I didn't luagh at these moments, but I didn't really care about them, they didn't affect me personally so why should I care?

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2008, 7:51 am

darkstone100 wrote:
I didn't luagh at these moments, but I didn't really care about them, they didn't affect me personally so why should I care?

Not saying you should.... but it was kinda strange, and somewhat ironic.

I just find it comforting to know just how small and irrelevant the lives, goals and dreams of human beings are.... and how easily they are crushed. I like to watch all the little people panic about it, and take it so seriously... yet completely negating to notice that everyone dies eventually anyway. It changes nothing.
It just becomes one huge, slapstick comedy.... and is done in a novel way besides.

15 May 2008, 8:28 am

SotiCoto wrote:
Meh.

I never found it funny because it was very scary. It was an attack and I wasn't sure if it was World War III or not and if we were going to be attacked more. It effected a lot of people, even though they weren't even on the planes, or even lost anyone in it, especially friends.

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2008, 8:30 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I never found it funny because it was very scary. It was an attack and I wasn't sure if it was World War III or not and if we were going to be attacked more. It effected a lot of people, even though they weren't even on the planes, or even lost anyone in it, especially friends.

Very scary if you're some death-fearing wuss maybe.

I'm very much pro-death in almost any sense though. The idea of living to old age scares me more than any kind of death could.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 8:37 am

Don't wory Soticoto I laughed to death on 9/11 aswell. :-) You are not alone. :-)

15 May 2008, 8:44 am

For some reason I found it funny when I saw pictures of people jumping out of The World Trade Centers because it made me think of the game Rampage.

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2008, 9:03 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
For some reason I found it funny when I saw pictures of people jumping out of The World Trade Centers because it made me think of the game Rampage.

^_^

It was hilarious to see them do that. Reminded me of the old Lemmings games.... where I had an itchy "Nuke 'Em" trigger (was a real problem sometimes).

Almost as funny was seeing dead bodies floating about in that New Orleans flood. I wish I could find that picture of the guy floating on his front in the water, as it looked so ridiculous! I just wanted to paste the word PWNED on it and post it all over the internet!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 10:30 am

I remember both Rampage and Lemmings. It also sounds like Krusty's Fun House.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!