Page 3 of 20 [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 12:36 pm

Wow, you are right. I am 24 and i look like im 13.

archdude
Raven
Raven

22 May 2008, 12:48 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
:x

I've often wondered why way older men do that sort of stuff to young women unless they think they look younger themselves.

I used to say that age is just a number. Now, having dated an older woman, I realize there are some issues with age difference, but every couple has issues. I will soon be old enough that I will need to find a younger woman if I want to have children (which I sort of do).
It is true that men have a hard admitting when we start to look older. Women wish to look younger just as much, I think, but I guess society makes it harder for women to deny the appearance of aging.
In any case, I don't think a woman should judge a man who asks her for a date too harshly, unless he is rude. Whatever the reason, it is a compliment and should be taken as such.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 12:52 pm

archdude wrote:
In any case, I don't think a woman should judge a man who asks her for a date too harshly, unless he is rude. Whatever the reason, it is a compliment and should be taken as such.

I can see what you mean, but it makes me uncomfortable that men who clearly look older than my dad hit on me when I'm only 16.

LCD
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 May 2008, 1:02 pm

I certainly DO look younger, this is so strange.

Are all aspies the same??

I don't have the prominent male features like other men my own age, unusual shaped skull and slim narow body. People have said I look like a younger version of 'Niles' in Frasier and 'Mike' in my family.
But 'I' don't see the resemblance.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 1:06 pm

The funny thing is, when I was sixteen, people thought I was twenty. Then when I was twenty-six, a thirteen-year-old took me for eighteen. I still look somewhat younger than I am, but not as much as I used to.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 1:33 pm

People used to say that I looked younger, but ever since I grew my mustache, people think I'm older. I'm almost 24 but some people think I'm in my late 20's or even 30. :?

craola
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2008, 1:54 pm

This might not come out quite right, but could it be something to do with lines?
Aspies do have limited or lesser facial expressions, and I know I for one don't tend to frown much, im quite wide eyed. Could that be part of it? Less frowns is less lines, less emotions must be less lines full stop, both permanently and when you're making faces?

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2008, 1:57 pm

I'll be turning 30 this year and I still get carded for alcohol and tobacco.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 2:00 pm

I think demeanour plays a vital part in determining age too. A lot of the adults in my local AS group come across as younger than they are simply because of the way they behave and carry themselves.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 2:11 pm

My demeanor comes off as that of an older person. I've always been told that I was mature for my age and wise beyond my years but they also thought I was younger than I actually was so I guess it balances out. :lol:

Though some of my friends have said that I was like an old man. :?

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 2:12 pm

I come across as serene and mature, so I have been told, so that could be why people see me as older than I am.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 2:22 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
At my school, if people don't know me, they always assume I'm a freshman. You should see their faces when I say I'm on my last credit!

And only three people have ever guessed I was my age or above it. One lady actually asked if I had any kids! But this happens very, very rarely. People sometimes think I'm even as young as ten... But at least everyone agrees I'm very smart and mature for my age. They typically say I'm very precocious.

At first, I hated them thinking I was younger than I am. But I've gotten so used to it now, it doesn't bother me in the least. And one thing I've also noticed from people is that if I try to look my age, they think I'm younger. But if I dress younger, they think I'm older! Sometimes I never understand people...

Someone thought you had kids!?! !??! !?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You DO look/sound young. Although the first picture I saw of you, and it just showed pretty much your face, ironically, made you look older/larger.

andriarose
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 May 2008, 2:47 pm

Dragonfly_Dreams wrote:
I'll be turning 30 this year and I still get carded for alcohol and tobacco.

I am frequently refused alcohol even *with* ID.

I'm 23 and can easily pass for 12. I'm not only young-looking, but also about 5'1 on a good day.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 3:07 pm

I was trying to grow a beard because I like the way fine beards look, sadly I'm not able to grow a fine beard, mine looks scruffy. Anyway a co-worker asked me if I was growing the beard because I was so baby faced I was trying to look about my real age. 8O

I stopped shaving after an older woman asked me if I ever shave, because I have such a baby face. Like I wouldn't need to shave or something. Now I just trim it. Saves on razors at least.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 3:12 pm

if it wasn't for the fact that im 6ft with a beard i would actually look younger then what i am, but i look older instead :D

Sublyme
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2008, 3:15 pm

I'm not sure, but I am usually mistaken for a teenager, anywhere from 14 to 16 usually. I'm actually 26....I'm very petite (not even 5' tall), and I usually don't wear makeup....have my hair in a pony tail or messy bun, and I tend to dress more like a teenager I guess. Also I have braces (a random manic idea), so that makes me look younger too.....also my mannerisms are still somewhat childlike, and I have a high pitched voice and I'm soft spoken, so I also sound younger.....