Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Bradford
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2008, 4:28 pm

I regard my own AS as the opposite of ADD -
I can focus on something for ten years, and
eight to twelve hours without even looking up.

SIXLUCY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 4:33 pm

I get so sick of labels. The Psychaitrist thinks Im ADHD. The Psychologist thinks I'm autistic. The Neuropsy thinks I have a learning disability. The Forsenic Psychologist thinks Ive got everything in the DSM...

It really does my head in 8O

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 4:38 pm

Actually, Bradford, people with ADD, despite the name, don't lack ability to pay attention. They are just selective about it. It actually has a lot of commonality and overlap with the autism spectrum. Here's a thread with some discussion on this: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt70438.html

teflon_woman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jul 2008, 9:11 pm

I recently broke up with my baby-daddy, and I have to say it was probably because of his ADHD being incompatible with my AS. For a long time we complemented each other well: We were so perfect together. We gave each other a lot of space: For instance, we each had our own bedrooms. And we split our roles according to our abilities: I made sure all the annoying bureaucratic stuff got done, and he made sure I had a social life... But after I got pregnant (planned) and especially after the baby was born, we had to make a lot more demands on each other, and the AS/ADHD thing made it impossible. I really don't think he's capable of being what I need him to be, and I don't think I'm capable of not needing those things... I need predictability and dependability, and he forgets about his commitments as soon as he makes them...

aspiewhostandsalone
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jul 2008, 9:12 pm

SIXLUCY ROFLMFAO!! ! WOW i NEVER thought that people from seperate and related fields could be so confused about your condition(s). man it staggers the imagination and boggles the mind LOL! 8O :D

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 3:52 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!! !! !

Translation: Yay..another AS/ADD thread.....I said it before and i will say it again......um......i forgot what I was gonna say....

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 3:55 pm

...oh yeah...sometimes I really do feel like I belong here...

25 Jul 2008, 7:50 pm

My first boyfriend had ADHD and our relationship didn't work out either but that was because he wanted me to be his mother and he was too dependant on others, didn't want to do anything to help himself. I even hardly saw the condition in him. He was hyper but not in the ADHD way. But he did jump from one thought to another he told me except he sees it as thinking more than one thought.