Fall 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Winter 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Winter 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 46

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:44 pm

Winter is the least hot of all the seasons here. Late December through February, oh yeah!! !

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:45 pm

Or just the month of February, sans Valentine's Day because it's evil. I'm not bitter about anything. <_< >_> <_<

Naman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2006, 10:03 pm

Winter. Despite getting depressed around the holidays, winter is when the storms come, and I love storms. Also, I much prefer cold weather to hot weather. It's a lot easier for me to sleep when I can bundle up to stay warm as opposed to sweating in the heat.

CRB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2006, 10:48 pm

I voted summer--I love going outside in short-sleeves and short pants. I love the warm summer nights. Hazy, hot, humid weather does not faze me. If I had a choice between steamy 90-degree weather and bone-chilling cold, I would take the 90-degree weather any time. My favorite slogan on where to live for me is "Go South, young man." I like spring because it leads to summer. I don't like fall because it leads to winter, my least favorite season. After living in Israel for 4 1/2 years, I got spoiled.

hermit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2006, 10:51 pm

Spring- the rebirth of the land.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 4:14 am

winters here are beautiful when its cold and overcast and you feel that it's just about to start raining. heaven.

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

05 Jan 2006, 6:52 am

Spring. I love the way the leaves seem to be gone one day and all green and wonderful the next!
I also love the mild weather and flowers *sneezes* I hate weather that is too cold or too hot. I really like thunderstorms that are common in the summer though.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 12:11 pm

mjs82 wrote:
winters here are beautiful when its cold and overcast and you feel that it's just about to start raining. heaven.

You'd love St. Louis today. :? Actually, you'd have loved St. Louis for the past four or five days...

I enjoy an occasional cloudy day. But too many cloudy days in a row gets to me. Actually, the same for too many sunny days in a row. I like a good mix. Not too much of each consecutively.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

synchro
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2006, 1:22 pm

Spring and fall are my favorites, but winter is nice as well. However, I live in southern California so don’t experience harsh cold weather. Being a photographer, I particularly like the short days in winter. If I want to capture both dawn & dusk light in one day, I don’t have to be out as long during winter.

Summer is the worst as far as I’m concerned and part of why I hate living in southern California. Here, summer lasts from June till November. The hot weather just goes on and on forever it seems. The heat prevents more hiking for me than the cold & snows of winter. If I want to hike in summer and valley temps are over 90F, I have to get up over 9,000 feet and sometimes that isn’t even enough to escape it. And as a cloud freak, the usually blank summer skies are unpleasing to me.

Someday I want to live where all four seasons are experienced. Spring and fall are too abbreviated in southern California.

SuXEed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2006, 1:33 pm

I voted Winter, but it's close between winter and autumn (fall). I voted winter as when snow settles, everything outside looks beautiful, and I love snow. Unfortunately, it is only once every few years where I am that snow settles, so Autumn is very close behind. I think the montage of browns, yellows and greens on the floor is almost as beautiful as snow, and trees look very nice with the swirl of colours...