Page 7 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 2:42 pm

sinds when do people take that for asthma?strange...and no i woulnd hate her by that seems obbevius what point im trying to make
people who use steroids because there scared of the world are the ones i hate or the ones who whant to have power with it but medical
not but now you make me think if steroids might be healing your stumach faster?
edit: i just dont like people with unfair advantaches

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Sep 2008, 2:55 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
sinds when do people take that for asthma?

:roll: since the 1950s.

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 4:05 pm

I love wheat and dairy products, but when I got tested for LGS the peptide levels were within the normal range.

Let's see, what else is there... Meat? Fruits and vegetables?

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 10:40 am

is it possible to b also alergic to soy milk because it does something to my stumach but it includes some vitamines b is it acctualy a healing feeling or a bad feeling (dont say yes you can b alergic to it because then my fingers will be amputated)
and please dont just say something be very sure and explainable about your answer

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 11:13 am

Hi UndercoverAlien,

Hey, you deleted your last post and this was a reply on it.... But hey,

Relax, my friend. For over 16 years you ate what you ate and now you know that some food can make you feel, let's say, not as good as it could be. Take your time and figure it out for yourself. Or....

Maybe some sort of diary could be helpful. Write down what you ate and how you felt that day, that sort of thing. But....

Please don't stress, give it six mounts. Read about it. Take a test that shows if you're allergic or not. Ask professional help from a dietician. I don't know.

Suit yourself, of course. But don't go nuts.

Best of luck,
C.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 11:48 am

but can it damage my stumach because it DO include vitamine b wich is normaly supportive to your stumach right?
i cant give up soy milk that would mean the last of my energie i can ever take in btw it tastes like heaven 0.o
tell me if its normal for the first times you take gluten

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:46 pm

please i whant to know els i would be eating bad things+i also feel bad at eating banana's and other fruits

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 1:22 pm

Hi UcA,

I would advice you go see your doctor (huisarts) and ask him for a test. He can refer you to (doorverwijzen) someone who know about allergy or food-intollerance.
Quite simple test, it won't hurt and then you'll know for sure. They can also advice you what to eat and what not.

Good luck to you,
Ceesjan

P.s. You can buy gluten-free bread and potato & pasta's I handle fine. But look on the net and there is loads of info about it but please don't stress so much. Take your time.

ghouna
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Sep 2008, 4:21 pm

Hi,

i have a good news..
I used to have a stinky breath (dont laugh ;) ). And my hubby used to tell me "aaah go away! " loool
And today he told that my breath smells nice ! loool

So, the milk was the reason for that smell

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.`.~*

Being me is great!

mechanima
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 9:22 am

I often get headaches for the first 72 hours when I give foods up. Particularly where there is less caffeine...even incidentally, as there may be in giving up milk.

Thus far my "celiac journey" also has me off tannins (tea, and all but the occasional red wine), peanuts and eggs, as well as gluten, I also seem better if I reduce my dairy.

The GOOD NEWS is I can eat (so far):
Baked beans
Honey
White chocolate
Pork or Bacon
Nightshades

My diet is settling into a neat pattern of having everybody running around preparing special sauces then spoiling it all by gestures like absent-mindedly nibbling an ice cream wafer...

But, for me, it is SO worth it. It took a while, and a lot of trial and error to get there, but, at last, my "personal plumbing" seems to be working correctly, without pharmecutical intervention, for the first time in over a decade...and only those who have really "been there" too, know how much that means...

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 9:46 am

For me and for my son I felt no difference while trying it. So we gave it up but for those who have Celiac disease like the above poster noted, I know its beneficial. And I think it depends on the individual. I have heard of mixed cases of it working and helping those with autism. And in other times it does nothing.. and for me and for my son it made no difference when we tried it.

mechanima
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 10:03 am

To be honest, lioness, I think if you do not actually have gluten (or other) sensitivity, it could be quite bad for you. Particularly the lack of fibre.

It certainly doesn't do much for me mentally (except in the way that digestion can usually affect one's mood, concentration and frame of mind :) ).

The best way is always to listen to your own body.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 10:08 am

Gluten free does not necessarily mean lack of fibre. It is not actually that restrictive a diet. It is restrictive if you only eat premade packaged gluten free food. If you use raw ingredients it is pretty healthy.

mechanima
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 10:45 am

Of course it doesn't HAVE to mean a lack of fibre at all. But a lot of the handy, healthy "quick fix" fibre sources, like brown bread, are out.

I actually thoroughly enjoy my new gluten free diet. Lots of ratatouille and fresh meats. (as well as icecream and chocolate), but I only have to cook for me.

On the whole I suspect busy mums (let alone busy mums on a budget) are a lot better off not adopting special diets unless they actually improve things.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Oct 2008, 12:05 pm

ghouna wrote:
Hi, I have a good news... I used to have a stinky breath, and my hubby used to tell me "aaah go away!"; today he told that my breath smells nice ! So, the milk was the reason for that smell

That's great! :D Have you noticed any difference in your skin yet?

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Oct 2008, 12:11 pm

mechanima wrote:
Thus far my "celiac journey" also has me off peanuts and eggs.

I noticed that peanuts are really bad news aswell. But eggs I am not sure of, except that I have always preferred the yolks and never really liked eating egg whites.

Quote:
It took a while, and a lot of trial and error to get there, but, at last, my "personal plumbing" seems to be working correctly, without pharmecutical intervention, for the first time in over a decade...and only those who have really "been there" too, know how much that means...

Oh yesss! I too feel so much better since/whenever I am excluding gluten because my whole body seems calmer/quieter/less "preoccupied" by inner digestive hassle, and I don't have that tiring inflamed gut feeling. Dairy is definitely a factor in that too.