Page 2 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 5:37 am

nooooo, its horrible.. clothes should be loose not wrapped around your body like a second skin *shudders*

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2008, 5:38 am

meh,

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 5:44 am

I'm not a fan of tight clothing. Probably has something to do with my hypersensitive skin.

MasterBrain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2008, 6:23 am

I hate tight clothing, even tight socks

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 7:47 am

Skinny fit jeans, sweatbands, skinny T's...I'm cool with em. But when it comes to underwear tight is a no no.

Damaged
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2008, 8:06 am

I can't stand wearing tight clothing - and tight clothing to me is clothing that fits the way it is supposed to. This is, to a large extent, a manifestation of an adolescent discomfort with my physical appearance, obviously with the baginess hiding whatever it is I am uncomfortable with regarding my appearance. On a practical level, I find baggy clothing more comfortable and better looking. I stopped wearing jeans in the mid-eighties as they were very uncomfortable and difficult to move around it. My friends and I soon discovered that our fathers' jeans with a belt were much more stylish and then I resumed wearing them. I did take baggy too far at one point in the early nineties wearing 'raver/skater jeans' which were absurdly huge. Fortunately, I only wore those for about a month. I have since learned to wear reasonalby baggy clothing - comfortable but professional.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2008, 8:17 am

Most of my skirts, dresses and even jeans that are tight fitting are not so tight i cant breathe. They are comfortable and usually stretchy material. It about getting the right material. On thing i cant stand though is pjs or nighties and when you go to bed and you turn around they twist around your body, i hate that so i usaully sleep with nothing.

Barce
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Dec 2008, 8:19 am

I rather dress loosely. Turtleneck jumpers, sweaters and long sleeve clothesing for some reason irratates me. I also have hyperhidrosis so a shirt that presses against my underarms is a no no . . . especially singlets. Boxers annoy me too. Underwear feels much nicer.

andriarose
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2008, 8:40 am

The more compression my clothes provide, the more comfortable I am (as long as they are stretchy and soft).
I tend to wear athlete-style clothing, such as compression leggings and under-armor on a regular basis as long as it isn't too hot. I also adore corsets and control clothing/shapewear (even though I'm tiny!). What I can't deal with are things like seams, tags, and scratchy materials. I can only wear one type of socks (Joe Boxer kids cushioned socks) and underwear without elastic.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 9:38 am

Exile wrote:
Is it a problem for some others? and why is that?

Depends on what I'm doing. I love sensations on my body. If I'm running and working out, I hate tight clothes. I don't like the tight Under Armors and bike pants, for example. But I like close-fitting clothes (there is a difference). You have to wear tight underlayers in the Winter, so I can tolerate it, but it's not enjoyable.

I wear jeans, etc. I like close-fitting clothes most of the time. If I wear baggy clothes, I feel that I don't have enough focus to keep track of how everything is laying, so I tend to sit on wrinkles and look like a slob. Close fitting clothes keep themselves arranged.

Exile wrote:
And curious also about being held tightly or loosely?

Depends on the guy. Being held tightly by a spindly guy is more of a clutch than a hug.

I guess I don't get into extended hugs. I'm not really an affectionate woman in that sense (although I'm learning to be more so now that I have a dog). If it's just laying around on the couch or something, I guess a loose arm around me would make me feel less uncomfortable than it someone was gripping me.

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 9:39 am

When I was a kid my mother would buy me the tightest clothes. Not on purpose, she was just trying to find the right fit for me, I guess. But ever since I've been shopping for myself, I am careful to get clothes with some breathing room. When my clothes get tight, my claustrophobia kicks in. I get to the point where I feel as though I can't breathe.

But I don't like tight socks or underwear either. I wear boxers and if my socks have a tight band, I will stretch them somewhat until I hear it pop, which means I've broken some of the elastic threads. Then they're perfect! :) Tight socks and underwear actually do hurt me.

I also can't wear my belt too tight, therefore I got into a lot of trouble as a kid for "sagging" when I really wasn't.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2008, 9:46 am

when i was a kid i use to get a belt and put it around my waste really tight until i got a a stomach ache, i dont know why.
I got in trouble for not sitting with my legs shut and that annoys me because i think vistors shouldnt perv on little girls anyway.
I remember a vistor perving on me saying to my stepdad 'she going to be beautiful and they go mmm and give each other the eye.' I was ten then but i was still a girl and so now i still sit with my legs open if i want to.

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2008, 10:43 am

what to do in tight-clothes cultures? what'd you all do in the 70's if you were around in the US and I guess part of Europe? :D I'm not one for tight clothes as well. had 34 waist which was big. not that I've gotten a bit fatter 34 and usually 36 is fine. what about women and tight cothes?

-HL Mencken

-as of now official dx is ADHD (inattentive type) but said ADD (314.00) on the dx paper, PDD-NOS and was told looks like I have NLD

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 10:50 am

vivinator wrote:
what to do in tight-clothes cultures? what'd you all do in the 70's if you were around in the US and I guess part of Europe? :D I'm not one for tight clothes as well. had 34 waist which was big. not that I've gotten a bit fatter 34 and usually 36 is fine. what about women and tight cothes?

I was born in '80, but tight clothes were still popular there for a few more years. Plus, some of my clothes were hand-me-downs from my brother, who was born in the early 70s. I felt like a prisoner as a child in those clothes.

Last edited by sbcmetroguy on 03 Dec 2008, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 10:56 am

I had jeans that where a bit tight on the legs coz they where meant to be fashionable but I hated them. I also hate tight t-shirts.

However, I always need my trousers to have a tight waste.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 4:01 pm

I have somewhat oversensitive skin, so tight clothes are a huge no-no. I can't stand boxers though. Those are just horrible.