Page 6 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 9:52 am

sometimes my obsession is "how to go to sleep".
i lay awake all night thinking about it.

Firegirl531
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2008, 10:05 am

I've been obsessed with ninja since I was about 10 and I'm now 22 :oops: ;I'm also obsessed with anything autism; the culture behind the book series Uglies ; and baking cookies/cakes/brownies

Cheers!

(needs :coffee: . hasn't slept and it's 10:05 AM)

Deadboy365
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2008, 10:30 am

Deadboy365 wrote:
I have loads of them and... here they are:

01 - SOFT TOYS!! ! :D - every time I go to the gift shop in a zoo I just have to leave with another toy... :D
02 - BOTH SPECIES OF PANDAS!! ! :D
03 - ICE CREAM!! ! :D
04 - ELDER SCROLLS: OBLIVION!! !
05 - DOCTOR WHO!! !
06 - VAMPIRE MOVIES!! !
07 - LORD OF THE RINGS!! !
08 - STAR WARS!! !
09 - OTHER SCI-FI!! !
10 - ORIGINAL JAPANESE MOVIES!! !
11 - Japanime - kids cartoons and some proper - not the x-rated ones...
12 - Buying DVD's
13 - Watching DVD's
14 - Writing - when I start then I don't stop until I feel hungry or something...
15 - Ancient Mythology - especially that of the Egyptians and Romans
16 - Legends of England and the Nordic Lands
17 - Swords
18 - Bow and Arrows
19 - Armour
20 - Majik - mostly for referencing and information, but... I might actually try performing a spell or two some time...
21 - WARHAMMER!! ! - the Tomb Kings army is the best!! !
22 - Motorcycles - haven't got one yet but... when I do then I will be happier!
23 - Internet
24 - Truth not fiction!
25 - Prophetic stuff!
26 - The following symbol: =D

and that's all!! ! (for now that is...)

=D

To add to this list there are a few more obsessions:

27 - my sexy Emmee Wemmee (really she should be my number one obsession
28 - GETTING A DAMN JOB!! !
29 - Desire to draw models (specifically and especially one whom I've recently got in touch with who just so happens to be holidaying in London at his very moment! :twisted: )
30 - FALLOUT 3
31 - *VAMPYR OF ALL KINDS!! !
32 - **to be turned into a vampyr

And again that's all there is for the time being...... if I have anymore updates to this then you can be sure that I'll let eveyone know what they are......

* This is more a desire for knowledge of them than an obsession
** Please don't tell me that they don't exist coz they do I have a few friends who are and they aren't the stereotyped crap that hollywood keeps feeding us all!! !

Thank you!! !

=D

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Dec 2008, 10:35 am

I used to be really fascinated with ninjas and the like myself, but I've learned that is fairly common. Many kids are interested in the concept of being "elite". The US Army has even taken advantage of that with an advertisement for "Sniper Training". Snipers are currently the new ninja basically.

For the last few months I've been really into reading about autism. That is waning in favor of another one of my obsessions though: gaming. Yeah, a lot of people are heavily into gaming nowadays, I know. I don't like most of today's games, and get bored very quickly of them. I usually have a desire to play an RPG, but I can't get into them anymore. When I was a kid, it was easy. I've been trying for years to get into a good RPG and I can't do it. I've found a couple recently that I somewhat enjoying though, so they've taken over my time: Fallout 3 and MapleStory.

If I had the money though, I'd go rollerblading a lot. I used to go every weekend as a kid with some friends. Sure, it was crowded with noisy music, and every time I'd sit down and just space out for a bit, but most of the time I would skate. I really enjoy skating. From going in circles at a leisurely pace to going fast and weaving in and out of crowds.

I love programming, and have since I was 9 or maybe even younger. My mother introduced it to me. I'm not that good at it, though. I've tried learning more advanced subjects but it always goes bad because things just stop working. Books and guides aren't enough, and I dislike asking people for help. When I have sought out help, that help was fairly useless. I'm currently going to college though to help break that roadblock. I always have a desire to make something in particular but never the will to actually do it. I have made a lot of pretty neat things though!

Deadboy365

22 Dec 2008, 11:14 am

Fo-Rum wrote:
I used to be really fascinated with ninjas and the like myself, but I've learned that is fairly common. Many kids are interested in the concept of being "elite". The US Army has even taken advantage of that with an advertisement for "Sniper Training". Snipers are currently the new ninja basically.

For the last few months I've been really into reading about autism. That is waning in favor of another one of my obsessions though: gaming. Yeah, a lot of people are heavily into gaming nowadays, I know. I don't like most of today's games, and get bored very quickly of them. I usually have a desire to play an RPG, but I can't get into them anymore. When I was a kid, it was easy. I've been trying for years to get into a good RPG and I can't do it. I've found a couple recently that I somewhat enjoying though, so they've taken over my time: Fallout 3 and MapleStory.

If I had the money though, I'd go rollerblading a lot. I used to go every weekend as a kid with some friends. Sure, it was crowded with noisy music, and every time I'd sit down and just space out for a bit, but most of the time I would skate. I really enjoy skating. From going in circles at a leisurely pace to going fast and weaving in and out of crowds.

I love programming, and have since I was 9 or maybe even younger. My mother introduced it to me. I'm not that good at it, though. I've tried learning more advanced subjects but it always goes bad because things just stop working. Books and guides aren't enough, and I dislike asking people for help. When I have sought out help, that help was fairly useless. I'm currently going to college though to help break that roadblock. I always have a desire to make something in particular but never the will to actually do it. I have made a lot of pretty neat things though!

I truly understand what you say here I got bored of all the other games coz they are kinda getting old now and boring......
One game I would play is Blood Omen 2 purely because I love the unique gaming system it uses to choose your Dark Gifts when necessary......

Some times I wish they'd make a new game that is a cross between the following games:
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, (for the multiple choice and bartering and all out do-what-you-like thing......)
Blood Omen 2 (for the gaming system)
and Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth II

All those combined would open up the chance to switch between main character and the army so that when playing as your character, the army does what it's meant to (i.e. go to war and fight and collect stuff for the royal treasury etc......) and then when playing as the army the main character can continue their part and finish what they started (or what you started and gain any treasures etc......) while you continue your game and the beauty of this is that your game doesn't end until either you choose to OR both the main character and the army has been either defeated, killed OR you have won the day - I know all that sounds like a game that will never be made but you can be sure that I'd be one of the first people to buy and play it if they did make one like that you know?

And the thing about "sniper training" I haven't heard that saying before but I am sure that it might be true - I'll have to read up on that some time......

And I too am still trying to get my head round the subject of Autism - I still don't understand it......
I'm not as smart as Bill Gates who knows more about computers than I do about Autism......

so I too am adding Autism to my list of obsessions:
33 - Autism - I wish to know everything there is to know about it to better understand myself!

333Onfire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2008, 6:25 pm

There are a lot of things that I am into. I also have ADD so a lot of my obsessions that come and go pretty quickly. Here are a few of the ones that I like right now:

Lost
Survivor
Heroes
History
Autism
Non-verbal communication
Poker is an off and on one
WP right now
Movies

Deadboy365

22 Dec 2008, 6:39 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
MOA wrote:
This is really cool! How did you come to discover this language?

Just part of my general Seattle obsession, because it was the language spoken around that part of the world before white settlers arrived, and now some of the remaining local Indian tribes are trying to revive it. There's a great site here with more about it: http://www.tulaliplushootseed.com/ (you can hear, and see written down, some of what I've been trying to describe...it needs a special font which I don't have on my computer!)

To me the word "Seattle" sounds very much like the word "saddle" wouldn't you agree? so I was wondering if that place is riddled in horse stories like ya kno the history of horses maybe?
I dunno...... I'm just a strange british born person who has a knack for asking stupid questions like that one I just asked......

If you could please tell me if I was right or wrong? or if I was somewhere in between?
Thanks......

=D

millie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 6:41 pm

art and painting.
AS
the study of human nature

Deadboy365

22 Dec 2008, 6:56 pm

millie wrote:
art and painting.
AS
the study of human nature

Isn't painting art?
I mean I too am an artist and I am quite sure that you didn't need to mention "art and painting" in the same sentece like that......
Just say "painting" or "art (painting)" otherwise people will think that art and painting are two different subjects altogether......

Sorry if I am being rather picky
I just tend to notice these things more so than anyone else :(
And sadly...... it a curse for me...... :cry:
but all in all good luck with both your art and study of human nature

=D

noahveil23

22 Dec 2008, 7:58 pm

pechenegs wrote:
David bowie/ziggy stardust/

Zionists/conspiracies/ NWO/ bible prohpecy/Native Indian prophecy/Aliens/fallen angels/

Sumeria/ Anunnaki/ Babylon

Nazi Germany/ WW2/ Eastern Front/Blitzkrieg warfare/General Heinz Guderian

Berlin/ Berlin S & U Bahn

Yeah that's the stuff. David Bowie, the "annunaki" who fell to earth, golden dawn initiated man who sold the new<world>order of the SS. singing "these are a few of my favorite things", but what about aghartha, hollow earth, (Peter)moon of ice, black sun, crowley M<ontau>K Ultra?

noahveil23

22 Dec 2008, 8:13 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
pluto - etymology rocks! I also have a thing about words, and obscure languages. .

Words are wonderful. I met a guy with this really weird name, I don't remember what it was, I'm staring at his name tag and I blurt out "holy S%#t, you're f*&#ing Basque aren't you?" and he looked like he'd been hit with a 2 by 4. If that wasn't enough I followed up with. "I know because Basque is totally unique, linguistically speaking [(pun Ha Ha) I didn't say that just thought it]. Some experts think the Basque people interbred with the Neanderthals in the Pyrrhennes but not enough mitochondrial testing has been done to confirm it. It's a very touchy subject."

We did not become friends.

Have you read "Behold! the Protong"? It's marvelous, it's about a global Ur-Language and it was written (and illustrated!) by a genuine mad man. You would probably love it. It's very obscure.

I had a cat named "Lump".

noahveil23

22 Dec 2008, 8:18 pm

The guy was Basque by the way. His name had a string of letters that were so idiosyncratic, they could not have been from any Indo-european language. Like "Leaugulrseop" It was too weird even to be welsh.

noahveil23

22 Dec 2008, 8:25 pm

Acacia wrote:
I see it like this, I have two obsessions, one intellectual and one emotional.

Intellectual:
Plants. Taxonomy and Ethnobotany especially.

Emotional:
Music. In particular the relationship between frequency, rhythm and states of mind.

Shaman's Drum?

There is a book I saw once from a rosicrucian order about the overtones of the overtones of the musical scale and how they could be used to tune the psyche, to reach specific altered states of consciousness. There was a correlation to color/frequency too.

Kind of a color-coded Kabbalah of overtones.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 10:54 pm

noahveil23 wrote:
Shaman's Drum?

heard of it, nothing more.

noahveil23 wrote:
There is a book I saw once from a rosicrucian order about the overtones of the overtones of the musical scale and how they could be used to tune the psyche, to reach specific altered states of consciousness. There was a correlation to color/frequency too.
Kind of a color-coded Kabbalah of overtones.

I've thought about this prospect for years; tuning the mind/spirit with certain frequencies. Of course there's a ton of history regarding this concept. It's such an easy thing to do, yet deep and not so apparent to understand. I give a good solid hum..... just one long sustained constant tone.... and I feel an instant, dramatic change in consciousness. That is powerful stuff. And a lot more that I need to know.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 11:10 pm

Books (particularly historical fiction and murder/crime)

Christianity

Music - indie, post-rock, along with some metal/emo/screamo. Very attached to my iPod.

Computer - obsessively browsing my forums, instant messenger lists, etc.

Clothing - the "emo" fashion.

Coloring Books

Science - anything, along with forensics

Autism (specifically AS)

Reading and comparing food labels

And also it's Christmas at the moment... I'm currently waiting for my parents to go to sleep so I can stack my presents in my room) =]

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 11:38 pm

Animated sitcoms (especially the Simpsons and South Park), indie films/music, anything artsy, art, architecture, urban planning, comedy (my TV is on Comedy Central or Adult Swim all the time), foreign languages and cultures, non-Latin alphabets, food, cars, road trips, being outdoors (especially camping), geography, and geology.

I'm a jack-of-all-trades here.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 22 Dec 2008, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.