2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 10:15 am

alba wrote:
^^^
Kangoogle wrote:
alba wrote:
If we don't naturally have a modicum of respect for what is taking place, we will be motivated neither to participate nor to remember much about what is occuring in a social context. The entire force of our attention will be upon not missing the first opportunity to make our escape. And we will be sure to remember every detail in that endeavor, while simultaneously we are hatching our escape plan and how to explain our sudden departure..

The opportunity is here - assuming I am right.

....opportunity meaning--our memory is genetically hardwired to function in a way that is nearly opposite to NT society, thereby making it impossible for us to adapt??

If this is what you intend to prove, good luck. Make sure you mention how useful we can be to society with our unconventional memory system. There doesn't seem to be much else on the drawing board in our favor except some of us are technically competent if anyone can get along with us.. Then again they've got on their side various and sundry genocide propositions, stem cells and genetic engineering, etc. We don't have forever to figure this out.

If you really want a solid logical challenge to your theorem, someone should go looking for awesomelyglorious. He's pretty good at spotting the weak points in any argument.

It is HARD to challenge a race car driver that has no car to race!

alba
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 1:47 pm

Zukenkerl, let me for a moment, try to be the OP advocate. He is, I believe, in the process of showing how NT society handicaps Aspies by making it painfully difficult, and frequently impossible, for us to contribute productively to a rapidly advancing technological civilization which desperately needs our input. He has figured out a way to persuade NTs that our memory functions in a significantly different way to theirs, a way which is economically viable in a fast-paced and competitive world.

Cramming us into a mold made for NTs is both futile and foolish, but the real issue is that we are being unnecessarily ground to a total halt [via disallowance for the unconventional way we process memory], when in fact we are designed to mentally fly as close to light-speed as we can. That's how we're genetically hardwired. We're driven to excell, but it has to be on our terms. Otherwise, we damage rather easily and lose interest in competing on any level which might prove socially or financially expedient. If our talents are truly desired, then they must be earned through respect and trust. Abuse us, and we won't do anything for NTs. Sure it's our loss. But it's their loss as well.

His elegantly simple theory [which we perhaps don't deserve to receive details about--given all the needless flaming] also has the advantage of putting the brutal flaws of society under a mega-watt searchlight where they must inevitably be exposed for what they are. Plus the fact that a good many NTs are fed up with our social system and want it changed anyway, regardless of the problem children. OP intends I think--to transform the fate of the autistic individual from pariah to potentially valuable contributor. He will argue that we should be given a chance and that it must address vital genetic differences in the way we process memory... for if it doesn't, it will be no chance at all. Our memories are designed to serve our intense focus of concentration including an orientation towards fine-tuned, very refined, processing of detail and precision.....skills which are positively essential in furthering research and development in science and technology.

Technological advancement is perhaps the strongest possible inducement for social change. And this is not even considering equity, honesty, integrity, reliability, sensibility and compassion...values which arguably take a backseat to financial gain in a world hell-bent on getting to our goal as fast as possible and making more money than our competitors while doing it.

A winning argument will emphasize getting the most bang for your buck in a highly competitive race for technological excellence......while simultaneously going a long way toward simplifying the hotly contested enigma of autism..which is becoming more pervasive by the day..or so it seems.

Last edited by alba on 01 Mar 2009, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 1:52 pm

alba wrote:
Zukenkerl, let me for a moment, try to be the OP advocate. He is, I believe, in the process of showing how NT society handicaps Aspies by making it painfully difficult, and frequently impossible, for us to contribute productively to a rapidly advancing technological civilization which desperately needs our input. He has figured out a way to persuade NTs that our memory functions in a significantly different way to theirs, a way which is economically viable in a fast-paced and competitive world.

Well, I agree to THAT degree, but he doesn't seem to be talking about THAT. He said this was the cause of our condition.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 2:24 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
alba wrote:

Well, I agree to THAT degree, but he doesn't seem to be talking about THAT. He said this was the cause of our condition.

Dealing with the memory component of our "condition" is also the cure for it. Once NT society is shown to irreparably damage our memory function [by forcing us to perform in a way that is virtually impossible given our genetic predisposition, i.e., neurological wiring], it will be seen in a totally different light.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 5:28 pm

alba wrote:
Kangoogle -
Thanks for taking time out from the flame war to reply. As an arbitrary central organizing principle, memory serves as well as anything else.

Of course this ignores that arbitrary concepts should be avoided if one wishes to produce useful theories/hypotheses and models for thinking.

Quote:
I'm not in a position to challenge your theorem yet because I don't know what it is or why it is.

As the OP plainly states, the entire point of them posting is to attempt to get a robust objection, and the OP clearly expects this to happen in the absence of us knowing what or why the theory is. Apparently there is some doubt us plebs would even understand the theory, just as in the OP's mind most people apparently do not know what an article is....

But of course, it is very sensible for the OP to expect robust objections to an unexplained "theorem" are plausible, but we are just trouble makers for attempting to do exactly that due to how implausible it is. :roll:

Quote:
It seems others are just challenging to be confrontational...because no one knows why you are using memory as a central organizing principle, what the benefits are, and what the specific points of the theorem are.

Obviously; the only reason the OP is posting (according to the OP) is to get objections that cannot be realistically made without revealing the theorem that the OP refuses to reveal. Therefore the OP is very sensible and we are all just challenging the OP to be confrontational....obviously.

Obviously, it is implausible that we are genuine because how can we have any robust objections if we do not know this theory, and meanwhile the OP is quite sensible to expect we might provide genuine and robust objections without knowing the theory....aha.

Now just one question, alba are you and Kangoogle for real?

I simply do not find the OP's theory credible on the basis of information given, and the OP simply refuses (or is just plain unable) to give any further information. The OP claims not to care (whether or not we believe the OP's theory), and apparently just wants robust objections (which they apparently intend to profit from academically) to a theory they will not explain, while insulting those the OP is hoping will do them the favour of providing these objections.

This is an incredibly shoddy and disrespectful way to treat people, and if you cannot understand this, then in my view, the OP is not the only one lacking insight.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 8:28 pm

Short term memory is so vitally important that once it is gone, we basically become useless, a shadow of our former selves. Add dangerous anti-psychotics into the mix, and the scenario is even more dismal.

We are genetically wired to use our short term memory in a certain way. This is our autistic neuoro template. When we are then socially conditioned according to the NT template, we not only can't perform optimally....we may not be able to perform at all.

If we start trying to play social games, process the behaviors into our short term memory, and activate the NT memory retrieval routine.... we are attempting to reroute our autistic neural circuitry, and eliminate our autistic wiring. The more we try to use the NT template, the more our autistic template deteriorates and goes haywire. By forcing us NOT to think the way we are wired to think and by distorting the way we are wired to use short term memory.....the NT pattern becomes superimposed upon the autistic pattern and can destroy it.

Last edited by alba on 02 Mar 2009, 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 10:07 pm

alba, memory is not an actual real thing; this is not an insignificant and aside from the point fact for any theory that seeks to use memory as its explanation.

ItsMike
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2009, 2:46 am

What was the question?

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 4:03 am

alba wrote:
We are genetically wired to use our short term memory in a certain way.

Evidence?
Quote:
This is our autistic neuoro template. When we are then socially conditioned according to the NT template, we not only can't perform optimally....we may not be able to perform at all.

The NT template being the only template ever used in all its many many variations, even by autistic parents?

Memory is not a real thing and short term memory describes processes that have little to do with social performance.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 5:48 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
millie wrote:
i say this with great sincerity, kangoogle...
sometimes we can learn a lot by being open to what others say.
i think the posters here who are challenging you may well have a point.

They are challenging me only because they cannot stand me being right - for varied reasons. They have not come up with an idea between them which I have not thought of and checked out.

Hey, I see you as a troll. You are funny though, and I want to see what you'll say next. I'm not really trying to convince you since I know you either won't admit it, or just really believe this stuff, and won't listen.

Trolling my own threads. Of course. :roll: More like you are here because you don't like my idea, or more to the point I have one.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 5:50 am

Sora wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
The wonder of academia is that all useful papers get published in English.

This confuses me. How do you define useful? Useful in your opinion? Then you are of course correct if so far all articles you deemed useful were originally published in English or translated to English. However, several studies that other people and the huge public deem useful have no been yet published in English or will not. Sometimes just because the language that paper was published in originally is disregarded a lot in international discussions, though the article or the study itself is correct and would be found to be important if translated into English.

English is the academic language - pretty much every academic has had to learn it. Of the very few who don't speak English, or at least can write in it, they have to be very good to get away with it. Good enough to have someone translate all their papers anyway.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 5:59 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
You DID it! You ACTUALLY EMBARASSED ***YOURSELF***! Nope, Jstor doesn't have everything! HECK, *I* have written things you can't access on Jstor! I even have stuff on the INTERNET, IN THE OPEN, that you can't access on jstor.

Sorry - I meant useful stuff. Not a grumpy old mans ramblings.

I'm not grumpy, OR that old. As for ramblings, they aren't my ramblings either. HECK, just last friday somone spoke to me of a ploy many are using to delay foreclosure. I laughed, and said that it was FUNNY! At my last job, about 17 YEARS ago , one thing I WROTE was a program to PREVENT that from happening. To bad more people didn't buy it, huh? If they had, those people wouldn't be able to do that. HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of people could take YEARS longer simply because THEY couldn't access a program(some systems might call them documents :lol: ) I wrote.

IF your "PROGRAM" was any GOOD then MORE PEOPLE would have BOUGHT it.
Quote:
Kangoogle wrote:
Quote:
SORRY, you FAILED! HECK, they speak of stuff from the 19th century being first added like 26 DAYS ago! One has to wonder what you will say next. :lol: OH YEAH, you will probably say that my work isn't in scope, etc... Well, that may be, or may not be, but I am just one of perhaps 7 billion people.

Of which the vast majority would not be able to accurately tell you what an article even is - let alone write a good one. Nor a useful study.

AW GEE! NOR THAT TOO! DO FIRST THIS

ERM - OK.
Kangoogle wrote:
Quote:
How many of THEM wrote stuff that is not EVEN on the internet. What about the billions before that? And WASN'T this all based on an argument about aspergers?

Nope - whole spectrum.

Whatever, the point is still valid. Most here know, and many even readily admit, that AS IS part of the spectrum, even if just defined as such.[/quote]

Kangoogle wrote:
Quote:
His document took about 37 YEARS to even be RECOGNIZED in the US. One more thing, does Jstor support hindi, tamil, greek, russian, tagalog? If not, then you would have to wait for a document written in it to be TRANSLATED, if it were even on the internet, that is. HECK, do you even know russian, tamil, hindi, tagalog, dutch, danish, german, ad nauseum.... Oh well, I guess I made MY case.

It does - nor do I need to know them. The wonder of academia is that all useful papers get published in English. So basically you know f**k all as ever.

YIKES HECK, STILL LATIN. FRANCA FREUD
[/quote]
What a great stim you have here....
Quote:
Kangoogle wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean about PhDs, STILL, it is a shame that it is so senseless.

As for what the military is doing, it is AMAZING how much of that is really public. The stealth bomber was seen flying, a model maker had a fairly accurate model, etc... It combined an old German design with composites similar to ones used publically, with a VERY OLD russian theory. OOOPS! This covers several languages! As I recall, that russian document was discovered in the original russian. There have been a few cases where theories came up, rumors came up, and then it was revealed, as was the case with the stealth bomber. SOMETIMES, that third stage takes a LONG time to happen, like the SR71 blackbird.

HEY, I knew about the original attack on Iraq BEFORE it happened, and I wasn't in the military.

Oh true to an extent - most of it is public. But some of the stuff is harder to source. Though why they would want to research ASD...?

Who knows? You said you have access to ALL of the studies. Absense of proof is never proof of absense. Heck asperger noticed something in his kids, studied it, wrote about it, summarized it, and THEN oublished it. Who would say that he would have found such a thing? A tube used in RADAR became the catlyst for the biggest revolution in cooking since perhaps fire itself. And all because some guy realized his chocolate bar melted! Who would have thought? Some cows(as I recall) are responsible for saving much of england, winning WWII, and making commercial flight as safe as it is today. That discovery was also based on some insight from a few annoyed people. Who would have thought? Some OTHER cows are responsible for allowing me to live today as a productive person. OH YEAH, that discovery ALSO had some help from a farmer, a guy that tried to kill himself, and a little college.(BTW They probably didn't publish that paper, and originally it was used to KILL. The colleges involvement is little more than a footnote.)

So who is to say WHERE the next bit of info will come from. What today seems like WORTHLESS dreck may one day be valuable. As a little kid I, too, realized what those annoyed people did. Little did I know that my annoyance was the basis for RADAR!

So maybe, perhaps, I might have an idea. You are kind of showing the hypocrisy here of your whole line, are you not?
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.p ... 005.0.html
I swear dupe accounts are against WP rules....

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 10:01 am

Kangoogle wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
You DID it! You ACTUALLY EMBARASSED ***YOURSELF***! Nope, Jstor doesn't have everything! HECK, *I* have written things you can't access on Jstor! I even have stuff on the INTERNET, IN THE OPEN, that you can't access on jstor.

I'm not grumpy, OR that old. As for ramblings, they aren't my ramblings either. HECK, just last friday somone spoke to me of a ploy many are using to delay foreclosure. I laughed, and said that it was FUNNY! At my last job, about 17 YEARS ago , one thing I WROTE was a program to PREVENT that from happening. To bad more people didn't buy it, huh? If they had, those people wouldn't be able to do that. HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of people could take YEARS longer simply because THEY couldn't access a program(some systems might call them documents :lol: ) I wrote.

Actually, it wasn't really advertised. And banks have tracked their documents down to precisely where it is, even when loaned out or moved. That is better than not even being able to prove it exists.[/quote]

As for the others?????? :roll:

Kangoogle wrote:
So maybe, perhaps, I might have an idea. You are kind of showing the hypocrisy here of your whole line, are you not?

I have only one other account here, and haven't used it in YEARS! I believe you have at LEAST one other account you used FAR more frequently. I'm not even sure about any of this stuff you are talking about. As for the HYPOCRISY you speak of? WHERE IS THE PROOF you said you had? You made it sound FANTASTIC.

As for intensity squared, a person claiming to own it contacted me here, so I don't want to say much. Still, it seems like another system I saw that basically tried to EXTORT money from others. I won't even say how, as it may encourage still MORE copycats. I didn't fall for that, didn't fall for intensity squared, and figure I am through with this garbage. As I said earlier, I just consider you a troll.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 11:34 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:

Actually, it wasn't really advertised. And banks have tracked their documents down to precisely where it is, even when loaned out or moved. That is better than not even being able to prove it exists.

[/quote]
I could think of a very useful program which you could use. Its called a macro. What this macro does is it corrects all your posts so they look less like arrogant drivel. Well at first glance anyway.
Quote:
Kangoogle wrote:

I have only one other account here, and haven't used it in YEARS! I believe you have at LEAST one other account you used FAR more frequently.

:lmao: Prove it. I am not Calandale btw, just in case you thought that...
(though you might have difficulty proving it if you get banned for your dupe)
Quote:
I'm not even sure about any of this stuff you are talking about. As for the HYPOCRISY you speak of? WHERE IS THE PROOF you said you had? You made it sound FANTASTIC.

It will be out there soon enough - when I have chance to write a book on it.
Quote:
As for intensity squared, a person claiming to own it contacted me here, so I don't want to say much. Still, it seems like another system I saw that basically tried to EXTORT money from others.

:lmao: How does Intensity extort any kind on money? WP is the only place which has adverts or asks for donations I gather.
Quote:
I won't even say how, as it may encourage still MORE copycats.

Quote:
I didn't fall for that, didn't fall for intensity squared, and figure I am through with this garbage. As I said earlier, I just consider you a troll.

Nice knowing you. Etc...

alba
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 3:47 pm

pandd wrote:
alba wrote:
We are genetically wired to use our short term memory in a certain way.

Evidence?

Autistics use ST memory for processing sensory data and details related to our special interests and other in-depth topics. When we are forced to process social behaviors into our ST memory...we can't adequately deal with our sensory issues. Generally we have an overload of sense data and a deficiency of social data in our ST memory. We are also pretty slow, sometimes ret*d, dealing with social data.
pandd wrote:
alba wrote:
This is our autistic neuoro template. When we are then socially conditioned according to the NT template, we not only can't perform optimally....we may not be able to perform at all.

The NT template being the only template ever used in all its many many variations, even by autistic parents?

Memory is not a real thing and short term memory describes processes that have little to do with social performance.

I don't understand how you can say "short term memory describes processes that have little to do with social performance." What about social performance doesn't involve memory? Memory is the crux of social performance or any performance for that matter. Without ST memory, we are quite useless as far as getting anything done and/or doing it safely. It needs to be stated for the record that an individual with severely defective ST memory requires nearly 24/7/365 supervision. Such an individual is not a stand-alone program. When autistics have their stand-alone status ripped away from them, they become [more of] a burden to society. NT society is causing more of them to be helpless and useless by socialization techniques.

After socialization our ST memory system is often damaged or dysfunctional. Obviously, our chances of performing optimally require using the equipment we have been genetically endowed with [even enhancing it] and not unintentionally [or intentionally] damaging or destroying it. Forcing us to abandon the priorities we have established based upon our neuoro differences....is detrimental to our mental health and eventually to our survival.

If the reason autistics can't conform to NT society is due to the way we encode, store and retrieve data in our ST memory [vital to our processing information], then there's no reason to force us to conform.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 8:38 pm

Kangoogle wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:

Actually, it wasn't really advertised. And banks have tracked their documents down to precisely where it is, even when loaned out or moved. That is better than not even being able to prove it exists.

Well, many ARE losing a lot! They are basically losing the collateral for loans that have already been made. I guess you don't understand the concept.

Kangoogle wrote:
I could think of a very useful program which you could use. Its called a macro. What this macro does is it corrects all your posts so they look less like arrogant drivel. Well at first glance anyway.

OK, you don't program either. :lol:

Kangoogle wrote:
Quote:
Kangoogle wrote:

I have only one other account here, and haven't used it in YEARS! I believe you have at LEAST one other account you used FAR more frequently.

:lmao: Prove it. I am not Calandale btw, just in case you thought that...
(though you might have difficulty proving it if you get banned for your dupe)

Actually, that wouldn't stop me, but I am not interested enough. Oh yeah, the Mods know about the dupe, etc... I don't use it, so NO PROBLEM! It was NEVER a "puppet". Oh yeah, I NEVER said anything about calendale. I was talking about another, but that IS an interesting statement you made!

Kangoogle wrote:
Quote:
I'm not even sure about any of this stuff you are talking about. As for the HYPOCRISY you speak of? WHERE IS THE PROOF you said you had? You made it sound FANTASTIC.

It will be out there soon enough - when I have chance to write a book on it.

OK, you are ALREADY too late! But why write a book? Maybe if you write such a book, I may provide it for free, if you don't. Naw, it wouldn't be worth more than a laugh!

Kangoogle wrote:
Quote:
As for intensity squared, a person claiming to own it contacted me here, so I don't want to say much. Still, it seems like another system I saw that basically tried to EXTORT money from others.

:lmao: How does Intensity extort any kind on money? WP is the only place which has adverts or asks for donations I gather.
Quote:
I won't even say how, as it may encourage still MORE copycats.

Quote:
I didn't fall for that, didn't fall for intensity squared, and figure I am through with this garbage. As I said earlier, I just consider you a troll.

Nice knowing you. Etc...

Actually, I was talking about the OTHER site. Intensitysquared is merely similar. Adverts and asking for donations is TOTALLY different, because it is voluntary. Hey, alex has to pay for the system SOMEHOW. The actual use is 100% free.

BTW That's a nice foil hat you're wearing! (sarc, pat) Is that your george washington impersonation? :lol: