Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

grenzer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2009, 7:43 pm

I used to have dreams that may or may not be 'intense'. Ever since I got depressed, though, in my mid 30's that ended. I seldom dream or, rather, I seldom remember my dreams. I know I dream. I find I feel better if I do dream. I seem to feel I live more, life seems more fullfilling. It's loss is a terrible thing for me.

When I do dream a dream I recall I love to interpret it. Years ago, I trained to be a psychoanalyst and used to interpret my dreams regularly. Just the other day I had a dream that is 'aspie' related:
I was at my old house. I knew something was going on outside but didn't seem to care. I could see and hear helicopters flying around outside when I looked out my window. This was in the middle of the night. I just went back to sleep. In the morning I got up and went out. I saw smoke billowing up here and there, commotion everywhere, and helicopters flying all over. Then I saw a thing, like a meteor flying down from the sky hitting some buildings in the distance and big explosions. Everyone said that they were meteors and they were hitting everywhere all over the U.S. Then I saw a couple more smaller explosions, one in the school in front of my house and one in the yard. I noticed that the explosions did not come from the sky but from below the surface of the earth. I told everyone that. No one seemed to care.

What does it mean? It has to do with my sense of alienation with others. The explosions and commotion represent my turmoil over this. The meteors represent how everyone else perceives things. The explosions coming from inside the earth was how I perceive everything. That's why only I saw it. My going back to sleep at the beginning represents how I never really cared what was going on at first. My going out in the morning represents how I am now looking at this problem that I neglected for years.

This dream describes the mental 'state' that I'm in. Alot of dreams are just that: another description of your mental state, sort of described in a different language. Freud said they were wish fulfillments. I disagree. They can be but not necessarily.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 7:49 pm

Ever since I had a scary encounter with the police last week (still don't wanna talk about the details), a recurring theme in my dreams involves being on the run from the law. But it's not as scary in the dreams as it was in real life. In fact, they'd just be regular random dreams for me if it wasn't for the fact that it's every night. And it's not really a recurring dream per se because the scenario is always very different.

y es como un semestre"