Find Facebook frustrating? Read before commenting

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2009, 9:23 am

TheDoctor82 wrote:
I'm on Facebook, and have a lot of my former classmates on there; and no, none of them really liked me back then.

Naturally, most of them are happy to connect with most of their friends from high school that are now on there.

Do any of them care to talk to me, beyond the generic "how are you", to see how things have changed since then, or whatever? Take a guess.

I shouldn't be discouraged by this, I know...but for some reason I am.

They didn't care to know me then, and don't care to know me now.

Anyone else find this frustrating, even though for Aspies, it probably shouldn't be?
I am also new to both Myspace and Facebook.... I invite all from WP to visit me both sites! :)

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 10:09 pm

rushfanatic wrote:
TheDoctor82 wrote:
I'm on Facebook, and have a lot of my former classmates on there; and no, none of them really liked me back then.

Naturally, most of them are happy to connect with most of their friends from high school that are now on there.

Do any of them care to talk to me, beyond the generic "how are you", to see how things have changed since then, or whatever? Take a guess.

Anyone else find this frustrating, even though for Aspies, it probably shouldn't be?
I am also new to both Myspace and Facebook.... I invite all from WP to visit me both sites! :)

You're from Ohio, too? Cool. Yeah, look up Russell Kay....you'll see some guy wearing glasses, and a king's robe and crown, holding a staff; that's me.

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2009, 6:33 am

I had similar experiences. Actually, it was a foolish idea to do the Facebook thing in the first place, since I haven't accomplished anything with my life (a more accurate word would be "existence"). A former workmate who now likves in Berlin sent me one message back, but then I heard nothing more. I have given up on everyone, whether on FB or not.

ItsMike
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2009, 7:23 am

Coming up on my 30th High School reunion this June. Never been to even one, and never will. Like you, nobody had an interest in knowing me back then, so why should I try to get to know them now? I can't think of any reason. Close out your facebook account. It's a work of the Devil anyway. Make your friends on wrong planet instead. :x

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2009, 10:48 am

What's the point of a Facebook account if no-one bothers to stalk you? :tongue:

The_Wrong_Child
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Mar 2009, 7:31 pm

TheDoctor82 wrote:

This is why I registered myself with a fake nick. I'm not interested to meet my ex schoolmates at all :evil: !

Anyway, I don't condamn people who use it, I'm not like that BASTARD of Medina Ortega who acts aginst internet's freedom :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 12:07 am

ItsMike wrote:
Coming up on my 30th High School reunion this June. Never been to even one, and never will. Like you, nobody had an interest in knowing me back then, so why should I try to get to know them now? I can't think of any reason. Close out your facebook account. It's a work of the Devil anyway. Make your friends on wrong planet instead. :x

I am definitely hoping, in time, to become a lot closer to all of you.

You guys, for obvious reasons, seem to understand me better than pretty much anyone offline.

Nah, I'm not gonna close my Facebook account....I post blogs there, and have lots of friends on there who AREN'T classmates.

But I hope to eventually become a lot closer with you folks :)

Night_Owl_Amber
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Mar 2009, 10:30 pm

I have a lot of people from school on Facebook, dont really speak to them though.....................

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 10:36 pm

I don't really talk to much of anyone on Facebook. I really don't want to. I am just passively in touch with a bunch of people from my past.