You ever type a long post and it ends up being short?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 1:51 pm

...Or the other way around too?

The funny thing is, when I originally planned on making a short post, it just seems too vague, so I end up making it long as hell. On the other hand, when I originally meant to make a long post, I find more concise ways of delivering the message and end up cutting out all the repetitive and irrelevant parts. That or I rephrase em.

It probably has to do with the way I type. I just spit all my thoughts out along with my typing. My thinking is disorganized, so it helps that way. Plus I don't like keeping em all in my head since I seem to forget em. Plus, it's easier to just spit em all out and then just polish em after.

I dunno, thinking before I start typing it out never worked for me. I just end up getting bored and not creating the post at all. I'm kind of a more spontaneous person.

PatientZero
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2009, 2:46 pm

Yeah I'm like that sometimes too, but most of the time I end up not submitting a post, that's why I haven't posted much :P

alba
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 3:12 pm

I can relate, sort of. Many of my posts are too long. My ideas need a lot of work before they are presentable, or before I'm satisfied with them. I quite often get all fired up to weigh in with my opinion, only to be disatisfied with the wording and delete it altogether in the end.

There are so many viewpoints expressed on these boards, but there are still taboo and unpopular opinions, which would get the dreaded "troll" accusation. So those need to be censored out. The potentially inflamatory post, which tends to be long, will end up being only a sentence or two, due to successfully omitting anything that could be interpreted as flame fodder. I'm proud of the originally 12 paragraphs that somehow get trimmed down to a manageable 4... Especially if the essence of the idea has been preserved.

However, when I am able to make a simple one or two sentence post initially, it will usually remain as is.

(It would take more courage than I presently have, to initiate a thread of my own. Maybe next year.)

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 3:43 pm

Usually no matter what I do, my posts remain short. I try and make a long post, but I cannot think of what to type for something so long, so usually it ends up being short.

SpongeBobRocksMao!