Page 4 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

stumbelina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2009, 9:52 am

Yep this is my passion, i am so obsessed with music, dance music to be precise! I dj also, and i check out new release`s on a daily basis, its costing me a fortune!! I go out clubbing weekly, and i know whats on where through out the uk!! I sleep, eat and breath it, lol!! ! It helps as alot of my circle of friends are into the same music as me, so they dont get board of me going on about it! I find when i go to partys and social gatherings, ill be the one straight on the decks, sometimes for hours, with hardly anywords spoken, i feel more comfortable, its just me and my music :)

Song-Without-Words
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2009, 7:08 pm

Oh, I do this too. I can listen to one or a few songs constantly, for days and weeks on end and not tire of them. When I had a faster internet connection, I would watch certain music videos on youtube obsessively.

I also can't read and listen to music at the same time, but I almost always have to have music on to draw or paint.

I hear music in my mind even when not listening sometimes, and I also will whistle certain tunes over and over. I like different genres, everything from classical to what's thought of as womens or indie womens type of music. I also like oldies from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and some rock and classic rock. And I like anything guitar solos and piano solos, and also stuff that people say is odd, like harmonicas, accordions, trombones, bells, etc. as the primary instrument sometimes.

My ipod battery is dead too, but I've just been playing my cds more than ever now.

I also don't always remember the lyrics or know the lyrics, and can become obsessed with someone just because of the sound of their voice, whether I know the lyrics or not.

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2009, 2:10 pm

Song-Without-Words wrote:

I also don't always remember the lyrics or know the lyrics, and can become obsessed with someone just because of the sound of their voice, whether I know the lyrics or not.

Me Too! I can remember and play correctly things I heard at the age of five I never even attempted to play until years later, yet remembering lyrics stymies me (except for certain groups/hits I obsessed over).

steeviebops
Raven
Raven

18 Aug 2009, 6:00 pm

Music is certainly something I'm addicted to. I take it extremely personally if someone bashes my music tastes; I'll listen to almost anything and that includes the top 40 "bubble gum" stuff.

I remember one time I was playing a game in a friend's house - he had one of his friends over too. We put the media player on shuffle and tried to guess the song by listening to the first few seconds. I got almost all of them; the other two were shocked that I got them so quickly.

asobi_seksu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2009, 9:26 pm

music as cliche sounding as it might be saved my life...
It makes me feel like Im floating on the notes and makes me feel less alone and more able to cope with the world.I Sing/write lyrics and am trying to learn keyboard/guitar just now..
never been able to find anyone where I live with the same taste though :(
I want to go into it as a career hopefully.
my favourite three bands are Joy division,pulp and the smiths.
others are:
David Bowie, The Kinks, Kraftwerk, Belle and Sebastian, Camera Obscura, Radiohead, New Order, The Divine Comedy, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Velvet Underground, The Cure, Orange Juice, The Fall, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Jeff Buckley, The Long Blondes, Sigur Rós, Blondie, The Duckworth Lewis Method, Air, Buzzcocks, Manic Street Preachers, The Sound, Morrissey, Echo & The Bunnymen, Björk, Soft Cell, Cocteau Twins, The Stranglers, Los Campesinos!, Asobi Seksu, Blur, Marianne Faithfull, My Bloody Valentine, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bright Eyes, The Beach Boys, Joanna Newsom, the doors, crystal castles, friendly fire, kate bush, the specials,asobi seksu,wild beasts,The Ronettes,LCD Soundsystem,Björk and can.

Last edited by asobi_seksu on 19 Aug 2009, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asobi_seksu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2009, 9:29 pm

aspiedude wrote:
Love music. Music is often associated to me with images/memories in my life, so it's a great mental soundtrack.

I have to say thou, the quality of music has gone down significantly in recent years.
i've always used music like that too and very true!BTW brilliant music taste anneurysm! :o

kimba
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2009, 1:26 pm

when you guys sing along to songs, do you unintentionally make your voice sound like the person singing? in other words, i guess, do you copy them? people say that i sound like the person singing the song when i sing - it's like i don't have a 'voice' of my own.

jimb424
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Oct 2009, 5:01 pm

DocStrange wrote:
Hector wrote:
http://rateyourmusic.com/~HectorG

I guess you could call me obsessed.

Well, you're already obsessed if you even have and RYM account. I do. which is here. All the stuff i've rated I own. My username is my favorite song by the British group Suede (I regret it now after finding out what that song is actually about).

I go through week-to-month long obsessions of certain bands. Previous obsessives have been the Soup Dragons, Frank Zappa, XTC, New Order and Biffy Clyro. Permanent obsessives for me are Pink Floyd, the Welsh indie pop septet Los Campesinos! and the obscure 90's Welsh folk/rock band Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.

Ever listen to Mostly Autumn?

The guitarist Bryan Josh sounds like he wants to be Gilmour on the Delicate Sound tour. It first I was put off, but I decided that there aren't enough songs like comfortably numb out there and if Bryan Josh and Mostly Autumn want to write a few, well the least I can do is listen.

Look them up. Hell they even cover Comfortably Numb live and did a whole album of Floyd covers.

loko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2009, 7:17 pm

wow a few soundgarden fans in here, i was the biggest soundgarden fan ever when i was in high school, i owned around 30 soundgarden t-shirts at one point. i know like every song.

my current favorite

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VySpz8Tj18[/youtube]

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2009, 10:11 pm

Ilisten to all music (almost) and listen to Bowie daily (almost)

I recommend some people here listen to Puddle of Mudd, their is such songs as:
Psycho
She F*king Hates Me
etc

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2009, 10:50 pm

kimba wrote:
when you guys sing along to songs, do you unintentionally make your voice sound like the person singing? in other words, i guess, do you copy them? people say that i sound like the person singing the song when i sing - it's like i don't have a 'voice' of my own.

I do that, like mimicking the style and range of the singer. I don't mean to, but I do. I've had friends tell me I can change my voice to match different singers really well too.

I love music, I guess you could say I'm obsessed with it. A song can't come on the radio(rock stations at least) that I won't know the artist, song name, and album it's from. My friends know to come to me if they can't remember what song a bit of lyrics are from.

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2009, 10:53 pm

kimba wrote:

I do that, like mimicking the style and range of the singer. I don't mean to, but I do. I've had friends tell me I can change my voice to match different singers really well too.

I love music, I guess you could say I'm obsessed with it. A song can't come on the radio(rock stations at least) that I won't know the artist, song name, and album it's from. My friends know to come to me if they can't remember what song a bit of lyrics are from.

I tend to like more progressive, experimental, and ambient music. Like right now one of my favorite bands would have to be Red Sparowes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncJazOonwPo&feature=related[/youtube]

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

hawk269
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2009, 2:19 pm

Music has been a big part of my life as long as I can remember. It's been the one constant in my life. I grew up listening to what my parents listened to: classic rock and blues mostly. We moved when I was 15 and I discovered new wave and alternative rock. It instantly became "my" music. I still listen to classic rock and blues, but it doesn't speak to me like my music.

In 1997, I started getting into electronic music and that's where I find most of the new music I listen to. Electronic music is something I really connect with. I'm really into sounds and this is where electronic shines. So many new sounds and textures and layers to get lost in.

I listen to music almost all the time I'm home or in the car. It helps me focus and drowns out the tinnitus. Sometimes I love to listen on headphones and feel the music surround me, but I don't do that as often now.

Some of my favorites (at the moment) are Puracane, BT, Hybrid, Black Lab, Poe, Garbage, Porcupine Tree, Sneaker Pimps, Crystal Method, Portishead, U2, Hooverphonic, Birthday Massacre, De/Vision.

Dminor
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2009, 3:30 pm

abso-lutely

The only thing that sucks about making music and being obsessed with music is that when your trying to make a tune youve got 800 other songs in your head

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 4:18 pm

jimb424 wrote:
Ever listen to Mostly Autumn?

The guitarist Bryan Josh sounds like he wants to be Gilmour on the Delicate Sound tour. It first I was put off, but I decided that there aren't enough songs like comfortably numb out there and if Bryan Josh and Mostly Autumn want to write a few, well the least I can do is listen.

Look them up. Hell they even cover Comfortably Numb live and did a whole album of Floyd covers.

They are one of my favorite bands. They released a couple mediocre albums, but I'd say they recovered well with their latest one.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 4:36 pm

I try to hear as many new songs as I can because there's so much good music that I don't know.

I usually find a few songs I like and then listen to the same few songs over and over for weeks or months. I'll often listen to one musician's songs hundreds of times in a week.

My biggest musical obsessions are Regina Spektor and Nellie McKay.

Regina Spektor:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5WDQyKGUk4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rov3pV9PsRI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM5Zp7nv4gM[/youtube]

Nellie McKay:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJZY-Czcp2E[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JR7xeUE92w[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpFO3O5151I[/youtube]

Last edited by matt on 10 Oct 2009, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.