Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 10:41 am

Biene wrote:
quote]

Just because she doesn't like you doesn't mean she wants you to be unhappy. I don't like you either, but I don't want your life to suck. What's hypocritical about that?

who said my life sucks?[/quote]

Nobody. "An old blessing is “may your life be a garden of pomegranates” and I wish that for anyone..." is just a fancier way of saying "May your life not suck" regardless of whether or not it does.

Biene
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2009, 11:02 am

pat2rome wrote:
Biene wrote:
quote]

Just because she doesn't like you doesn't mean she wants you to be unhappy. I don't like you either, but I don't want your life to suck. What's hypocritical about that?

who said my life sucks?

Nobody. "An old blessing is “may your life be a garden of pomegranates” and I wish that for anyone..." is just a fancier way of saying "May your life not suck" regardless of whether or not it does.[/quote]

Good, glad we cleared that up :wink:

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 11:09 am

Biene wrote:
pat2rome wrote:
Biene wrote:
Quote:

who said my life sucks?

Nobody. "An old blessing is “may your life be a garden of pomegranates” and I wish that for anyone..." is just a fancier way of saying "May your life not suck" regardless of whether or not it does.

Good, glad we cleared that up :wink:

For future reference, an easier way of quoting something is to click the "quote" at the very top right corner of the post. It'll also stick who said what in the HTML.

Last edited by pat2rome on 26 Oct 2009, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 11:24 am

You are not the first to make posts like this (although the first thread I've seen started on Merle, though I've seen other similar remarks in the middle of threads)...

I'm going to tell you what I tell everyone else who does this. When someone accuses you of trolling or is rude or nasty with you, you deal with it there. Don't create another thread. That's just hateful. If you really want justice, you deal with it where the problem is. If you feel like everyone stopped reading and replying to where that problem is, then you take it up with the person you are arguing with in PM (in this case, Merle). Also, never attack the person, just their opinion. The OP on this thread seems to attack the person more so than what they've said (seeing how as you haven't quoted what they said to make you feel the way you do).

IMO, I've seen many threads made by Merle. The ones I see tend to be very conservative, and very thoughtful in the sense to state policy or rules in a nice, non-emotional way. I'm sure there are posts that say otherwise, but I'm saying generally and in recent history (last 6 months to a year). Sounds to me that you caught Merle on a bad day because generally Merle is pretty cool.

If you can't resolve your issue in PM, then find another moderator and take it up with them. I believe DW a Mom is a moderator.

Biene
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2009, 12:33 pm

:P

Last edited by Biene on 26 Oct 2009, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 12:56 pm

Biene wrote:
Tantybi

I did deal with it on the spot ...
I did Pm her and let her know I had no wrong intentions, but Mrs. Sinsboldy screamed "Do not feed the troll" etc.
I had things flying at me from every direction.

I do not feel I attacked the person ( as I am sure she can be cool)...

I attacked what she wrote and I still think it is hypocritical....

as for the "pm", I am sorry I got that screwed up!

Why is it hypocritical? Again, all that saying means is "I hope your life goes well." Just because she doesn't like you doesn't mean she wants your life to go badly.

Biene
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2009, 1:30 pm

So if Jakyl gives a c**p and Hyde wishes me well it is not hypocritical?

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 1:53 pm

Biene wrote:

The only way it would be hypocritical is if she said something contradicting the well-wishing. "You're a troll" does not translate to "I hope you have a bad life."

Biene
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2009, 2:58 pm

pat2rome wrote:
Biene wrote:

The only way it would be hypocritical is if she said something contradicting the well-wishing. "You're a troll" does not translate to "I hope you have a bad life."

First of all I do not see myself accountable to you.
( but if you have to know "it was just way more then to accuse me of being a troll" , she knows).

She is the moderator of an Asperger's Forum.
I do not have a degree in psychology but I can only imagine what her words could have done to someone more sensible then I.
I was explaining myself to her but no consideration was given just cold harshness.
I am sure Mrs. Sinsboldy can speak for her self , can ban me or just ignore me ....

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 6:04 pm

So, I finally researched the post I think you are talking about...

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt107076.html

If that's the case, I think it's just a misunderstanding. I personally didn't find anything disturbing by the post to claim that Biene is trying to be trolling; however, it seems that there is an unwritten thing going on here. See, I don't care about Jenny Mcart...whoever. I'm not aware of all the crap she has done with autism, nor do I care to know at this point. So, this is why I'm not disturbed at all by Biene's opinion on the matter. But, it appears that Jenny did some awful deed to autism's community because it seems that a lot of people are really insulted by her name. It's like Biene accidentally (without intention) was a black man walking into a KKK meeting, or talking about how great Satan is on a Christian forum, or the mistake I once made, I compared differences of communion between Catholics and Protestants on a Catholic Forum (that was really bad because they take it so seriously and of course, my autistic sounding comparison took it lightly and I almost got banned from it as a result, and it's also the reason I stopped going because I can't stand having to watch my p's and q's to that level when I'm trying to learn about something like Catholicism).

Anyway, if Jenny is the Devil, this community needs to realize that not all people know that. And, we all need to think before we speak.

But I do see how some people would consider that trolling, but like I said, I don't think you intentionally did that. I think you struck a nerve with sinsboldly about the computer comment because she does post a lot on this forum, so she probably took it very personal. Again, I don't think that was your intention, but it just happened like that.

But in all the posts I read of yours, Biene, you seem like a very nice person and this post seems a little out of your character.

Note: I didn't post my opinion on the Jenny thing on that thread because the conversation about trolling ended pretty abruptly and went on to the junk I know very little about...like Jenny. I'm starting to think Jenny is like a Dr. Phil. An idiot, but in a wierd way, actually does do some good. Either way, as much as I hate Dr. Phil, my best friend loves him to death, and I never get insulted when she goes on and on about how awesome he is. She's never been a good judge of character anyway, and neither have I...lol...maybe that's why we are friends.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 8:27 pm

Biene wrote:
pat2rome wrote:
Biene wrote:

( but if you have to know "it was just way more then to accuse me of being a troll" , she knows).

I do not have a degree in psychology but I can only imagine what her words could have done to someone more sensible then I.
I was explaining myself to her but no consideration was given just cold harshness.
I am sure Mrs. Sinsboldy can speak for her self , can ban me or just ignore me ....

I heard your explanation, and tried to let you know I had had several members alert me to your threads and posts. You didn't respond to my PMs so I went on to other moderation issues. Once a month I delete my unread moderator posts, so they are gone now.

You sent me a PM attacking me a month after we had a short discussion on the thread and I was startled by your vehemence. Several people PMed me to let me know that you did not care to keep it between you and I, but that you posted a public attack on my poor prose in the General Autism Thread saying I was 'spreading hate' over the forum. You take a beautiful piece of poetry I admire and cast it down in front of me stomping all over it telling me I could not write such things because (in your opinion) I was a hypocrite.

(I always wonder why people think that others should be horrified to think others think them hypocritical. Are people never to change their minds? Are they to march in lockstep with one conception forever and never bend or turn from their deliberate path? What is allowed, if anything for learning better and changing ways? I suppose I will always wonder, but such as it is . . .)

and so, when I saw your post that I (according to you)

Biene wrote:
You accused me of being a troll etc.

Yes, a troll, because you never answered my PMs that clearly stated it was a moderator communication. I am not sure what the 'etc.' might have been, though.

Biene wrote:
You accused me of having an agenda....

and so you do. You are not satisfied to discuss it privately, only in public.

I am sorry if the other members have objected to your posts. They thought you were trolling and I was telling them to 'not feed the troll' so they would stop bugging you. Not feeding the troll is the usual remedy for a thread in an uproar.

Next time, please read your PMs. The ones from the moderators are informative and important to your stay here on WP.

Merle

Biene
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2009, 9:06 pm

Sinsboldy
I did promptly reply to your PM's, I even went so far in suggesting to remove my " Thank You" Thread if you would remove the thread where people made several references to Mc Carthies body parts, previous occupation et.

I also pm'd You that I would have stand up for You the same way if someone would have wrote such degrading stuff about you, but you coldly replied something like

"you don't care and u delete nothing".

You did not even give me a chance to explain myself, you where on a mission.

Apparently this has not happened the first time ...
If I had known that you are denying now that I did Pm'd you to clear things up I would not have asked Alyson to delete my comment.

Hateful people writing poetry does not make the poetry beautiful to me.

Last edited by Biene on 26 Oct 2009, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biene
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2009, 9:16 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Biene wrote:
pat2rome wrote:
Biene wrote:

I heard your explanation, and tried to let you know I had had several members alert me to your threads and posts. You didn't respond to my PMs so I went on to other moderation issues. Once a month I delete my unread moderator posts, so they are gone now.

You sent me a PM attacking me a month after we had a short discussion on the thread and I was startled by your vehemence. Several people PMed me to let me know that you did not care to keep it between you and I, but that you posted a public attack on my poor prose in the General Autism Thread saying I was 'spreading hate' over the forum. You take a beautiful piece of poetry I admire and cast it down in front of me stomping all over it telling me I could not write such things because (in your opinion) I was a hypocrite.

(I always wonder why people think that others should be horrified to think others think them hypocritical. Are people never to change their minds? Are they to march in lockstep with one conception forever and never bend or turn from their deliberate path? What is allowed, if anything for learning better and changing ways? I suppose I will always wonder, but such as it is . . .)

and so, when I saw your post that I (according to you)

Biene wrote:
You accused me of being a troll etc.

Yes, a troll, because you never answered my PMs that clearly stated it was a moderator communication. I am not sure what the 'etc.' might have been, though.

Biene wrote:
You accused me of having an agenda....

and so you do. You are not satisfied to discuss it privately, only in public.

I am sorry if the other members have objected to your posts. They thought you were trolling and I was telling them to 'not feed the troll' so they would stop bugging you. Not feeding the troll is the usual remedy for a thread in an uproar.

Next time, please read your PMs. The ones from the moderators are informative and important to your stay here on WP.

Merle

I never said" you could not write such things" and I did not call you a "hypocrite", I wrote it's " hypocritical", do not put words in my mouth again....
you are free to write what ever you want, but if any one writes stuff about various body parts concerning another sister, I do have a problem with this and if you as a moderator approve of such crap and make me the black sheep, then do not expect respect from me.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 9:44 pm

Biene wrote:
Sinsboldy
I did promptly reply to your PM's, I even went so far in suggesting to remove my " Thank You" Thread if you would remove the thread where people made several references to Mc Carthies body parts, previous occupation et.

I also pm'd You that I would have stand up for You the same way if someone would have wrote such degrading stuff about you, but you coldly replied something like

"you don't care and u delete nothing".

You did not even give me a chance to explain myself, you where on a mission.

Apparently this has not happened the first time ...
If I had known that you are denying now that I did Pm'd you to clear things up I would not have asked Alyson to delete my comment.

Hateful people writing poetry does not make the poetry beautiful to me.

Anyone that has read me knows I would never type a 'u' for you. Never. These were the PMs we exchanged.

Inbox :: Message
To: sinsboldly
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 am
Subject: Biene and MC Carthy
Just delete my thread then but to be fair you should delete the other thread on Mc Carthy? as well?

To: Biene
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:00 am
Subject: Re: Biene and MC Carthy
Biene wrote:
Just delete my thread then but to be fair you should delete the other thread on Mc Carthy? as well?

I am not deleteing either. I am just letting you know what you already know, that this is a controversy and by continually posting your point on many different threads you are close to being considered spamming.

* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.

Merle

Biene
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2009, 9:44 pm

hdkjfdjfjdjkdjkgd

Last edited by Biene on 26 Oct 2009, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 10:03 pm

End...?