Any aspies who still like kids stuff?

Page 5 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

addison
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2010, 10:13 am

most of what i watch is still CN after all these years. Although i don't watch it as much now because they starting to show crappy live action shows. It's called Cartoon Network for a reason. I like to watch Boomerang too. Not really for the really old cartoons but rather for more recent ones that CN doesn't show anymore.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 10:26 am

I watch most programmes (I RARELY watch TV) on Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Pop, CBBC or SOMETIMES Disney Channel (for old shows like Recess). Stuff can get a little too serious for me on the BBC channels and ITV is dreck.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2010, 4:44 pm

I still like kids' stuff. The majority of shows I watch are cartoons, and not like South Park or Family Guy, but shows like Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents. I also watch iCarly and High School Musical.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 5:00 pm

Cactus_Man wrote:
Generally speaking, I only like kids' things if I associate them with my own childhood. A friend teased me about having Good Burger in my DVD collection, and I just bought Denis the Menace.

I would kill to play with Legos (and even Duplos) again. As a matter of fact, I'm a comedic writer of films (haven't gotten big, obviously; I've been too busy with school to try anyway) and at least half of my characters were conceived while playing with Legos and Duplos. It's significantly harder for me to come up with interesting characters without the aid of Legos to help me out.

The same goes for K'Nex- being obsessed with cars, I actually made a K'Nex car with crumple zones so that it wouldn't break apart on impact when racing it down the wooden stairs. This was when I was really young- I can only imagine what I'd be capable of doing with K'Nex/Legos if I had them today.

I won't even let anybody see my iTunes. Mixed in with the newer interests (Oasis, Biggie, etc.) are songs that remind me of jr. high. Stuff like Aaron Carter haha.

Though I don't play with those toys anymore, my parents always did harass me about being too old to play with them. I didn't stop until I was 16, and even then it wasn't voluntarily. I've tried to substitute them with things like The Sims and SimCity, but it just isn't the same. You can't make you Sims cannibalize each other, nor can you build a city specifically designed to be unsafe and then have your baby brother ("Baby Godzilla") come in and destroy everything. I miss those days...

This is pretty much my situation. I like things I can associate to my childhood. That's why I like Pokemon. Even my avatar relates to my childhood. I loved Lego and I too would kill to get my collection back, I gave it to a friend who didn't have much money.

I still listen to those Pokemon CD's at times, I think that Aaron Carter guy has a song on one of them.

Batz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2010, 5:46 pm

I still play with toys after my mom and dad cleaned our house. I still watch kids tv shows and only kids tv shows. Every adult thing seems to piss me off with their unoriginality.

Heck, I even go to the toys section and creative sections at the store just to buy myself a puzzle or game. Like two days ago I wanted Stratego just because I wanted to see how it played.

Besides, my friend buys Transformers since he's a collector. He buys one to play with and another to shelve. He's not Aspie.

So Anyone can like kids things in their adult years. It's just that those who don't admit them are just unconventional.

2kitbit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2010, 2:30 am

I watch Sponge Bob daily. I also have a 2 year old niece and when she live close by and I would babysit, I often found myself playing more with her toys than I did. Now that my sister and her have moved, I always seem to end up in the toy section at Target. I never buy anything, but thats more out of the fact that Im a poor college student. I was actually going to start a new post about this since I just started wondering about it recently...ever since I was a tiny little kid, I always carried around slime, gak, or silly putty, or those sticky hands. I still do it to this day. I have 3 eggs of silly putty in my purse and when Im not in class or around others, you can be sure I have silly putty in my hands. When I am watching tv, doing homework, even eating, I will always be playing with it. I was wondering if other people had an obsession with slime or silly putty. I think it has more to do with my obsession of touching certain things and my oversensitive senses than just playing with kids stuff.

AppleCat
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2010, 5:06 am

[quote="AppleCat"]I collect the Waybuloo Pipling figures with accessories (though I still haven't been able to find a Nok Tok figure :( )[/quote]

I finally managed to find a Nok Tok figure :mrgreen: ! And now I want the talking Waybuloo soft toys. I love anything to do with Waybuloo.

I also like to look through catalogues. When I see the toys from the children's programmes I like, I want them.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 9:21 am

Moony wrote:
I don't watch kids shows. I haven't for a very long time. I stopped watching the shows even before most kids. I can't stand the way they talk down to the audience.

There are several modern shows which DON'T do that.

"WordGirl" on PBS is amazing in this regard - and funny, to boot.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

dalekaspie
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2010, 9:36 am

i still like fairly odd parents and spongebob but hardly get the time to watch it lol

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 9:51 am

beau99 wrote:
Moony wrote:
I don't watch kids shows. I haven't for a very long time. I stopped watching the shows even before most kids. I can't stand the way they talk down to the audience.

There are several modern shows which DON'T do that.

"WordGirl" on PBS is amazing in this regard - and funny, to boot.

As well as Lazytown which is an action and dancing show ;)

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)