Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 10:55 pm

I bite my knuckles and the side of my thumb when I'm nervous, anxious or worried.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

McManager
Raven
Raven

12 Dec 2005, 4:50 pm

I'm a horrible nail biter, but they don't look horrible (thankfully). I think it's part of my always having to do something with my hands. I'm very fidgety sometimes.

Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2005, 1:27 pm

I have not bitten my nails since the day I left home 20 years ago. I used to bite them every day before then.

I have long nails that are all over 1 cm over my finger tips as we speak and get annoyed when they break.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2006, 9:38 am

People ask me if I bite my nails and don't believe me when I tell them I don't. I just pick at them and I don't stop. I end up ripping the nail off sometimes and it bleeds a lot. I always think, "Oh, I shouldn't have done that." But I end up doing it again and again.
I mostly pick at my nails when I am bored or nervous. Which is often. :roll:

FlyingAnts
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2006, 10:42 am

I have picked at my nails for as long as I can remember. I started biting them when there weren't any nails left on the one hand to pick the nails on the other hand. I quit for a week once.

I think it's more than just my own nails. When me and my last girlfriend (that was a while ago) would hold hands I would start rubbing the tips of my fingers across the edge of her finger nails without even thinking about it. I only really noticed I was doing it because it kind of weirded her out.

My friends make fun of me cause I have to use a tool to get started opening some cans of pop. .

Mork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jun 2006, 1:55 pm

When I was younger, I used to bite my nails constantly. Somehow I managed to stop. Ever since, I have been chewing the skin around my nails. Sometimes making my fingers bleed.

I do it when I'm nervous mainly.

gunit311
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jun 2006, 4:46 pm

I have no nails from biting it is a bad habit I even make my fingers bleed from picking at them too much so I feel for all of you and myself

Ashfire908
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2006, 5:39 pm

I bite only one hand......... Don't know why.

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jun 2006, 6:25 pm

ive bitten my nails for as long as i can ever remember. i also bite the hard skin around them aswell. i do it when im bored or not doing anything with my hands.

when i was younger i also bit my toenails but i cant reach them anymore so i cant!

Ashfire908
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2006, 3:33 pm

drummer_girl wrote:
when i was younger i also bit my toenails but i cant reach them anymore so i cant!

yeah, i used to do that but i'm gaining control over it. now i pick at it with my fingernail. but only when they get long. i also crack my knulkes. i can't stop. :(

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 2:20 am

I do not think that nailbiting is a "symptom of fear of assertion." I bite my nails a lot. Yes, I bite my nails when nervous, but I also bite my nails when I'm not, such as when I'm watching TV, and what can I be afraid of when watching TV? I tend to be nervous a lot, including from a positive excitement, so I tend to stim quite often, but not in ways that are extremely noticeable. I'll chew on a lot of things, pen tops, whatever, though I've sort of don't do that as often as I used to. I bite my nails constantly, however.

Why do I bite my nails? I tend to feel odd sensations around my fingers that, apparently, most people don't feel. It's as if there is something there that is annoying, and I have to chew and bite. I have no nails, really, and I have bitten right down to the cuticle, have caused painful hangnails, and other annoying things.

- Ray M -

JulieArticuno
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2006, 9:16 am

I chew my nails, cuticles and the skin around all the time. My fingers are resultantly a mess.

Julie

Ashfire908
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2006, 10:49 am

Aeturnus wrote:
I do not think that nailbiting is a "symptom of fear of assertion." I bite my nails a lot. Yes, I bite my nails when nervous, but I also bite my nails when I'm not, such as when I'm watching TV, and what can I be afraid of when watching TV? I tend to be nervous a lot, including from a positive excitement, so I tend to stim quite often, but not in ways that are extremely noticeable. I'll chew on a lot of things, pen tops, whatever, though I've sort of don't do that as often as I used to. I bite my nails constantly, however.

Why do I bite my nails? I tend to feel odd sensations around my fingers that, apparently, most people don't feel. It's as if there is something there that is annoying, and I have to chew and bite. I have no nails, really, and I have bitten right down to the cuticle, have caused painful hangnails, and other annoying things.

- Ray M -

I think it's because of the need to be doing something with your mouth, like chewing gum.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 9:30 am

I'm a terrible nailbiter. :( I've bitten them since I was very young - like somebody else said on this thread, as soon as I stopped sucking my thumb, I started biting my nails. I bite the nails, the skin round them, and I've got into a habit in the past few years of biting my knuckles and the sides of my fingers as well. I think I just have this weird sucking/chewing/having things near my mouth compulsion, because I'll do it to anything that's in reach. I usually throw pens away not because they've run out, but because I've chewed them to pieces.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 1:59 pm

Ashfire908 wrote:

It's because your a goofball! :bounces you again: (to those of you who don't know us this is actually quite normal so continue on with your day lol)

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Ashfire908
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2006, 1:52 pm

Endersdragon wrote:
Ashfire908 wrote:

It's because your a goofball! :bounces you again: (to those of you who don't know us this is actually quite normal so continue on with your day lol)

I am soooooo embarassed..... :oops: