I HATE THE NOISE OF ______________________BECAUSE

Page 5 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

do any noise make you go crazy
yes ahhh 98%  98%  [ 159 ]
no silly 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 163

crazykid
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 May 2010, 7:12 am

of being ban form wp then making a new account

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 6:43 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
when people decide to yell at someone in the distance and you are between them. Somehow I am supposed to be deaf to the exchange and pretend it isn't happening. however, I am jumping out of my skin with every shout.

Quote:
people talking at one time

These.

Kids screaminh or crying.

Oriental languages (*nothing to do with race or crap like that, it's about the shrill intonation they use*)

Anyone screaming or shouting nearby me

The sound of platters being put in the cupboard too hard.

Squealing girls.

Unexpected sounds, and even some expected ones have me waiting breathless for them to sound before I can relax

The people noises mentioned above grind on my nerves and make it hard to think or focus. They can make me disoriented and dizzy. bass and trance music have the same impact. + Dentist drill. Boring in concrete.
Other sounds make me jumpy.

I find mechanical sounds like vaccuums et c very soothing.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

beejay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2010, 7:42 pm

Just a few:

smoke alarms
doorbells
loud TVs
sirens in general, especially the Emergency Broadcast System siren (my dad had a weather-band radio, so I got a double helping; those damn Amber Alerts make it worse because the whole state gets the same message all the time, no matter if the kidnapping happened on the other side of the state 500 miles away)
screaming, especially the screaming of the young
fingernails on a chalkboard/the scraping of a fork on dinnerware (my skin crawls thinking about it)
the bass from someone else's music (I don't mind if it's something I'm listening to)
the slamming of a door, especially a screen door.
a motorcycle with loud pipes
drills and saws
any unexpected loud noises

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 8:48 pm

I hate a lot of noises. I startle so easily. Really loud bangs actually make me nauseous! I hate it when people scuff their feet on the floor because it sets my teeth on edge like nails on a chalk board. I hate smacking noises that some people make with their food. I hate those loud kisses on TV, ugh. Honking horns- horns are to alert someone of your presence! I don't honk at people just to wave at them- I don't get that. If they look at me I will wave. Otherwise they don't know I'm there so who cares?

Bowser
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 May 2010, 11:07 pm

I used to be a lot worse about sensitivity to loud noises. For a year, I attended a school that was right next door to the building with the town's fire horn, which was very loud and went off almost every day. It was a year of hell for me. I also used to be constantly worried about the fire alarms going off in school as I walked through the halls, but this gradually went away over the years.

adamsfrood42
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2010, 2:26 am

The THX/Dolby Digital sound in movie theatres (though I've learned to tolerate it over time).
The sound an eraser makes against paper.
Cutlery on dinnerware, nails on chalkboard, etc.
Fire alarms / fire drill bells.
The sound that the door-locking device in the sociology department at my school makes--it sounds like a dog whistle.
Screaming babies, screaming children.
People crying (of any age).
Girls giggling and squealing at one another.
The sound you get when you rub the pad of your finger against glass.
The noise of what my parents used to call the "snow screens" at the beginning and end of VHS tapes.
The beeping noise on UVB-76 ((ostensibly Russian) numbers station)
The static behind the voices on military and industrial radios/walkie-talkies.
Dentist drills/dentist toothbrushes/etc.
And, yes, the emergency alert system.

And my BF chiming in, with his (he doesn't have an account):
Wet fingers on a balloon.
Hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, etc.
Rubber-tipped chairs on linoleum flooring.

OH! And the DIC LOGO from the LATE EIGHTIES. Not logo, as it were...he tells me it's called a "vanity plate." The bit they put up at the end of television programs.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2010, 2:57 am

most sounds that make me go crazy are painful to hear.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 9:43 am

fire trucks sirens especially when it using them just to get out of traffic with out any fire :roll: :roll:

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 1:38 pm

Pop-country and nu-metal music.

Whistling.

Ghetto slang.

Rednecks (I don't mean people with accents, I'm referring to the Larry the Cable Guy types who go out of their way to sound as stupid as humanly possible).

Exaggerated laughter.

Babies.

Telephones.

Alarm clocks.

Pretty much any sharp sound that is unexpected.

cazzie2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jun 2010, 4:34 pm

people eating loudlly :evil: :evil:
loud TVs

Last edited by cazzie2010 on 14 Jun 2010, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 7:29 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
katzefrau wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I just realized what sound I hate the most; the sound of those required weekly test of the federal emergency alert broadcast system.

oh god yes. i haven't owned a television in decades practically and i cringe just thinking about that.

They terrify me.

My 7 year old Aspie loves the emergency broadcast alert...he even mimics it!

I almost forgot that I hate the sound of cotton balls rubbing together...it makes my teeth hurt to think about it. People think Im nuts when I tell them cotton balls make noise but they do....I know its some kid of weird sensory thing but I yell in the store when I see a bag of cotton balls.
They used to have them at my work when I was a Phlebotomist to put on peoples arms and I hated touching them. I finally showed my boss an article that proved using cotton balls after a blood draw was not a good idea as the threads would catch on the coagulated blood and pull out the "plug". We got gauze squares :D!......no more nasty cotton balls! My coworker was so pissed because she did not like folding the squares......LAZY!

Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jun 2010, 8:30 pm

Babys screaming, children shouting, opera singers, my hard drive plays what is highlighted then you click to watch and it replays the same bit DRIVES ME NUTS, phones, doorbell, horns, shouting, laughing, doors slamming, rooms with no carpet, parrots and other similar species........

bsuss
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jun 2010, 10:26 pm

#1 The sound of bathroom fans

Also...The sound of all exhaust fans, really, Loud radio/television, vacuum cleaners, especially on tile, that screeching noise children make, the sound of someone scratching an itch on dry skin.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 10:59 pm

annoying ring tones especially the black berry ahhh

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 11:24 pm

I hate the sound of shouting mothers, because it brings me back to the dark moments of my childhood.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 11:25 pm

MONIQUEIJ wrote:
annoying ring tones especially the black berry ahhh

gah - yes. people setting their phones to beep instead of ring.

anything that beeps. it just seems to get louder and louder ..