Page 5 of 12 [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 5:16 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Yes I have noticed this, and there have been many threads about this subject so you're not the only one who's noticed.
The aspie eyes tend to have a "daydreamy" or stoned look to them, or like they're just staring at nothing. My best friend has the aspie eyes, and I find it really attracteve heh heh.

Maybe it's because our brain is not focused on what we are looking at at any particular moment.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 8:21 pm

I've always been told I have beautiful eyes. My mother also says you could tell I am autistic in my childhood photographs because I have "this look" in my eyes.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 8:23 pm

I've noticed in photos that my eyes often look unfocused, even when I'm staring directly at the camera.

zweisamkeit
Raven
Raven

14 Dec 2010, 8:27 pm

Ive been told i have an intense, distant stare. Like I'm over-analyzing things and just sitting inside of my mind a million miles away

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 8:38 pm

People often tell me I have pretty eyes, but I've been told they look like black holes. I assumed they meant the color. :lol:

vetwithAS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Dec 2010, 1:18 am

All my pictures have the same look and I know I stare at some indeterminate point a hundred miles away when I'm thinking. I have to be careful about it cuz I've creeped ppl out with it before. They think I'm staring at them when in fact I don't even see them

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2010, 1:31 am

Wow. So I'm not the only one who noticed that. I used to have those wide, day-dreamy eyes as well but then they sort of became puffy and I indeed look like a stoner now. That's pretty weird.

I also noticed that one of my eyes is a bit more slanted than the other.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 2:05 am

The LabPet has pretty pretty eyes and the Fuzzy says her picture is too small.

higfam2
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Dec 2010, 7:16 am

I have been told that I look like I am thinking some deep sad thoughts. That I have a far away pensive look. My mom is always asking me whats wronge, just to check in and see where I zoned out too. My eyes are dark brown and I wear glasses so few people notice how large my pupils are. my gaze dose creep some people out though.

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2011, 6:45 am

I find this a fascinating topic.... I have often found the majority of people's eyes to look somewhat dead/empty/hollow. There has been the occasional person, however, who has eyes that are deep and awake. That is, you can see that the lights are on inside, and someone is controlling those eyes and there is depth to them.
Do other people notice this comparison?
I was looking through the pictures people have posted of themselves on this forum. They mainly all DO have that awake/deep look to them. Is fascinating!
I, personally, really like it when someone compliments my eyes.

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2011, 7:20 am

OMG, I thought the 'stoned' thing was just some weird vibe I was giving off. I've even had a total stranger try to hit me up for weed. I couldn't understand why he'd think I had any since I've never as much as smoked a blunt and the gamer-punk look I dress for isn't very stoner-like. For some reason stoners would also try to talk to me like I was one of them, I could never figure out what it was about me that made them think I was one of them. Although most were very nice and didn't mind if I was weird since well, they were stoned and didn't really notice. It's nice to know it's not just me!

dreigrasheir
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Feb 2011, 9:33 am

Unless i am specifically trying to convey an emotion, I usually look like that. In most of my family 'group photo at a party' kinda pictures, i definitely look... well drunk or high or just simply not paying attention.

Mar1976
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2011, 12:37 pm

analyser23 wrote:
I find this a fascinating topic.... I have often found the majority of people's eyes to look somewhat dead/empty/hollow. There has been the occasional person, however, who has eyes that are deep and awake. That is, you can see that the lights are on inside, and someone is controlling those eyes and there is depth to them.
Do other people notice this comparison?
I was looking through the pictures people have posted of themselves on this forum. They mainly all DO have that awake/deep look to them. Is fascinating!
I, personally, really like it when someone compliments my eyes.

I've noticed this in a handful of people, but I'm unaware if they have Autism or AS.
To me it's more like a 'sparkle' in the eyes, and they look like they know something you don't.

I've had various comments about my eyes and there are things I've noticed from pictures of myself that I would consider to be 'different' from other people's eyes (the gaze more than anything), but whether I have that deep, awake look, I'm not so sure!

creature1001
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2011, 12:46 pm

What I'm noticing is that everyone's eyes are a bit more upturned and more cat~ish (almond?, but unlike Down Syndrome). Everyone seems to have a very accentuated slope toward the center. It's hard to really compare though because of all the varying degrees of angles given by volunteers photos, and lack of more volunteers.

My eyes:

LibertiORDeth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2011, 1:27 pm

I lack a picture to post at the moment, but I have received comments about either looking "very intellectual" or "like a thinker," and have also been told that I look cold and uncaring.

CoalBogey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 2:10 pm

One of my old flatmates said I had "shark eyes"(!) We were teasing each other, I wasn't offended.