Page 7 of 12 [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 11:53 pm

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 1:34 am

Yensid wrote:

i see a massively intelligent cognitively crunching detective or professor seeing right through me- gulp. 8O

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 1:55 am

How are you able to see all that from a picture of eyes?

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 2:05 am

auntblabby wrote:
i see a massively intelligent cognitively crunching detective or professor seeing right through me- gulp. 8O

It's just a very nearsighted aspie with a lot of wasted potential.

Still, if that's the impression I give, it might explain a few things.

Nadir
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Feb 2011, 2:16 am

I heard comments about my eyes such as "you seem to be about to say something interesting always" even if I am quiet.
Or comments like "your are are thoughtful" or stuff like that.
But fortunally that gave me the chance to hook up with some women. :P

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 4:16 am

I have to admit that I do not see anything in eyes. They all look the same to me (apart from their shape and colour). I am pretty sure that if we put pictures of our eyes when we are making faces or smiling, etc, they would look totally different.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 4:29 am

One of my sons has typical "aspie eyes". People tend to be drawn to his eyes because they're very big and beautiful, but feel weird about the lack of expression. Most of the time they look kinda distant. You don't feel he's really looking at you even when he really is looking at you.

People think I look dazed most of the time. That's a bit strange as I look at people and intentionally make eye contacts all the time. There must be a difference they can tell. I admit I mostly look at people to observe them, look at their hair, accessories, wrist watch, chest, handbags...etc. My gaze is mostly for collecting information rather than communication. :)

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 5:58 am

I don't know if it is the eyes or the face but,
Its weird because people that know me don't say anything and are used to it, but people who don't know me think there is something wrong.
People often think that I am not paying attention or am not looking at them.

I actually asked someone once why they thought I wasn't paying attention or looking at them.
They said.. "oh, I don't know, you are just there"

In therapy sessions I have been described as "disconnected" and "expressionless".

Of course I don't see any problem and neither does anyone who knows me.

Last edited by jackbus01 on 18 Feb 2011, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libelula85

18 Feb 2011, 6:31 am

Only a few glances of people diagnosed with autism are more intense than the others. I think those eyes are more alert than normal. I am able to scare the animals with my eyes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 3:29 pm

Apparently my eyes look rather expressionless a lot of the time.....a few years ago I remember I was laughing pretty hard about something and my sisters now ex boyfriend said it was kinda creepy how I was laughing but my eyes had no expression. It was intresting.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Apparently my eyes look rather expressionless a lot of the time.....a few years ago I remember I was laughing pretty hard about something and my sisters now ex boyfriend said it was kinda creepy how I was laughing but my eyes had no expression. It was intresting.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

polymathpoolplayer wrote:

BTW I just had this daydream/speculative session where I half-imagined we are the remnants from Atlantis and are re-emerging to take over the world in its hour of need!

OMG! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I really think I AM a remnant of Atlantis! This is why I thought I was different all this time. So I´m not the only one. :D

As for eyes, well.....sorry, but to me eyes just look like eyes. I don´t really notice much difference between Aspie eyes, and anyone else´s eyes. Maybe I´d see it better in a live, moving situation?

I´ve only been told that my eyes are deep-set. Some people say my eyes are beautiful. Some people have teased me about being "drugged", but I assumed that was because of my behavior. Some people used to call me a "space case" or a "flake", but I assumed that was because of my behavior. I guess I´ve been told I look "intense" before. Some people think I´m expressing certain emotions, when I don´t feel that way at all. But I notice nothing really different about my eyes, really.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 10:37 am

Deleted

Last edited by Joe90 on 07 May 2011, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 10:38 am

Quote:
As for eyes, well.....sorry, but to me eyes just look like eyes. I don´t really notice much difference between Aspie eyes, and anyone else´s eyes. Maybe I´d see it better in a live, moving situation?

I agree.
I think it's more of an illusion, since we are too familiar with ourselves. If any of this was true, then you wouldn't need to assess people's behaviour to get a diagnosis - all you would have to do is look at the eyes, which is not what doctors do, so it can't be our eyes what look different.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 10:48 am

Just my view on the topic:
I've noticed many people with AS have something about their eyes, but I really can't put my finger on it.
However, I've seen many people's photos on here and not seen this "characteristic".

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 11:04 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK4WsjmrJZU[/youtube]