Page 3 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 11:40 am

Digsy wrote:
A friends friends uncle once had his palm read by a passing gypsy woman, and he says that all males with 12" todgers are aspies and the ladies have birth marks on each buttock.
He gave me a lucky rabbits foot so now I have the ability to tell if people are aspies from photo's of their buttocks, sorry guys not well versed on male detection.
So come on lets see those photo's.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You all look like perfectly normal lovely people to me. If anything, you can see it by the eyes and facial expression. (By the eyes, I mean the expression, not the shape or color or any other physical trait.)

And Todesking's points really are part of why it bothers me, though I know no one has that intent. It starts to sound like aspies are only Nordic.

shaybugz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2011, 1:18 pm

After spending 4 hours comparing pictures, I recalled that I completely failed the facial blindness test.... so I don't think I'll be finding any "similarities" minus something in the eyes that I can't explain... anyways, for those not face-blind, maybe they can see it.

shaybugz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2011, 1:23 pm

After spending 4 hours comparing pictures, I recalled that I completely failed the facial blindness test.... so I don't think I'll be finding any "similarities" minus something in the eyes that I can't explain... anyways, for those not face-blind, maybe they can see it.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 2:55 pm

Zen wrote:
Digsy wrote:
A friends friends uncle once had his palm read by a passing gypsy woman, and he says that all males with 12" todgers are aspies and the ladies have birth marks on each buttock.
He gave me a lucky rabbits foot so now I have the ability to tell if people are aspies from photo's of their buttocks, sorry guys not well versed on male detection.
So come on lets see those photo's.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You all look like perfectly normal lovely people to me. If anything, you can see it by the eyes and facial expression. (By the eyes, I mean the expression, not the shape or color or any other physical trait.)

And Todesking's points really are part of why it bothers me, though I know no one has that intent. It starts to sound like aspies are only Nordic.

:lmao: ha ha ha haa... yeah right nice try. :D

I agree, you can tell we are Aspies by our eyes and expressions, we all usually wear the same expression, like the woman in my avatar. I have the Slav gene, you can see it in my big face. But I believe it's probably mixed with German and the Gods know what else.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Chickenbird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2011, 3:11 pm

I really wonder about the big forehead thing. In my extended family, there were several "difficult" births and they all turned out with
big foreheads and aspie traits. Could AS be caused by oxygen deprivation due to a big forehead?

A lot of these photos look like "family" to me. Hi :)

Changed score with attention to health. Still have AS traits and also some difficulties.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 3:47 pm

I agree with the guy in the video above. There is something but I cant put my finger on it. What I notice is the eyes in general.

Of course his mannerisms don't help, those are very AS like and I present myself much as he does.

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 4:13 pm

Chickenbird wrote:
I really wonder about the big forehead thing. In my extended family, there were several "difficult" births and they all turned out with
big foreheads and aspie traits. Could AS be caused by oxygen deprivation due to a big forehead?

A lot of these photos look like "family" to me. Hi :)

[joke]
They call big foreheads "fiveheads" sometimes.
[/joke]

Digsy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2011, 5:07 pm

Nobody has told me if I look like an aspie or not.

Last edited by Digsy on 21 Feb 2011, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 6:55 pm

glider18 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Do I seem like an aspie to you guys?

Hi CockneyRebel. I am putting on my analyzing glasses and rendering my diagnosis---yes, you seem like an Aspie to me. I also think you might be interested in The Kinks :) .

Congratulations on the over 50,000 posts. I don't think I could ever get that many posts. You are a member that always makes me feel good to have on the WP. I appreciate your presence here.

Thank you for your input and congratulations. :)

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 8:04 pm

It seems that a lot of Aspies often have a particular look that's hard for me to describe. A somewhat stern facial expression; not like we're mean, but like we're always pondering something. I've only met a few other Aspies in person (in a local group I recently started going to), but it's a sort of look I've always had, that I've noticed in them, and that I can definitely see in famous Aspies like Gary Numan, Ladyhawke, and Daryl Hannah, for example. In myself, some of this expression always seems to be there; even when I'm smiling or laughing you can still see a bit of this slightly "hard-edged", analytical look.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 9:10 pm

Ive had the same hair style since I was like 6.

Xinro
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2011, 9:22 pm

I don't "see" faces properly (prosopagnosia), but the few still images I've been able to compare do have similar characteristics. Most Aspies I've known have been nerdy types. I've been told I'm good looking, but I think that's come with age and good self-care

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2011, 12:37 am

From the videos I've seen, the only pattern that stands out to me is the expression and the way the eyes move. Almost all autistics look very similar in that sense.

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 12:20 pm

Interestingly a lot of people seem to see it in the eyes but don't know how to explain it

http://autismdoggirl.blogspot.com/
http://stridersautismdogjourney.blogspot.com/

esh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Location: A Consciousness Between Quarks (My physical presence belongs to Estonia)

23 Feb 2011, 12:31 pm

Can you tell that I'm autistic? I think I looked pretty normal as a kid.

Last edited by esh on 24 Feb 2011, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2011, 9:48 pm

I think there is something in alot of aspie eyes, too, though I agree that it is hard to quite explain.