Page 2 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2011, 11:42 pm

Pretty much yeah. Although my hair is very straight and tends to get oily if I don't blowdry. So I usually take a few minutes to blowdry. No styling though, and my mom even does the cutting for me. No layers either. I basically have the hair style of an eight year old girl. Elaborate styles never work for me, I just don't have the patience or ability. Plus I'm fairly active so it just gets messed up anyway.

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 11:52 pm

I'm not an aspie, but my hair is wash 'n wear. I keep it fairly short which saves time spent on it. My hair is one of my better features. I do blow dry it because I can't stand the feeling of a damp head, but I don't have patience for anything beyond 2 minutes of drying.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 11:55 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
Is your hair wash and wear?

Yes. However, should either care to, or have the ability to style it, is actually entirely irrelevant because it does not hold a style.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 11:58 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
Is your hair wash and wear?

more like get out of bed and wear. i rarely wash it or even brush it. it gets tangled up in knots.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 12:02 am

I usually wash and wear it, occasionally I style it in some way though.

kfisherx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 12:06 am

wash and wear for me. Best if I don't have to comb it. That just takes too much effort.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 12:24 am

Sometimes I style my hair, with hairspray.......but usually I lack the energy and its more comfortable if I just brush it and go on with my day. I attempt to shower every other day but usually I end up taking 1 or 2 showers per week so I suppose my hair is not always as clean as it should be.

But yeah I don't know if the fact I usually don't do much with my hair or wash it every day has to do with having aspergers, having depression or both.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 12:26 am

No. I have a lot of issues with my hair not "feeling right". It never feels right after I wash it. I have to flat iron parts and blow dry.

tttnjfttt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2011, 12:28 am

Usually I blow mine dry, but not styled. More of a cold weather factor. I just dry it, yank out the tangles, and done.

Puppygnu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2011, 12:31 am

If you take a look at my avatar, you will see that I do not have much hair anymore. Given that I am a 43 year old male who is married and not in the market for ladies, I just shave it once a week.

If you are looking for a boyfriend or future husband, I would do my best to make my hair look good. However, I personally prefer the natural look. Thus, if you had two inch long hair and no make up, I would not care. Still, I am probably the exception to the rule.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 12:47 am

Yes. When I was a kid I never combed my hair so my mom made me get it all cut off. I actually liked long hair, but I didn't wanna take care of it.

Now I have shoulder-length hair. It's naturally wavy and in decent shape so I just shampoo, condition, comb and that's it! I never blow-dry. I hate blowdryers.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 12:57 am

Puppygnu wrote:
If you take a look at my avatar, you will see that I do not have much hair anymore. Given that I am a 43 year old male who is married and not in the market for ladies, I just shave it once a week.

If you are looking for a boyfriend or future husband, I would do my best to make my hair look good. However, I personally prefer the natural look. Thus, if you had two inch long hair and no make up, I would not care. Still, I am probably the exception to the rule.

Honestly I do think shaving it is a far superior choice to the comb over. After all, if Howie Mandel can look cool by shaving his head, anyone can.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 5:03 am

Wash and wear most of the time. Only on special occasions I use straightener but I've never learnt how to use any of the hair product. I do go crazy sometimes and make a drastic change in my haircut like cutting really long hair very short or changing the color from dark brown to blonde. But I go to the same hairdresser since I was 15 and she knows me and my hair very well. So she always makes sure that my haircut wouldn't require a lot of time for it to look decent.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Feb 2011, 5:16 am

Have you considered scaring your parents to death? Shave your head. I did - in the summer, of course. I was amazed at how good it felt to have the breeze on my scalp. After that, your parents will be grateful for any hair you choose to keep.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 5:23 am

Mine is.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2011, 5:36 am

Yeah, pretty much. My hair is short-ish and I don't even have to brush it because I don't get knots anyway. But I have to wash it often because it's get greasy fast. When it comes to styling, my pillow is my stylist and he's doing a pretty good job. People often comment on my hair and ask me what products I used to make it look like that!