Total votes : 113

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 5:16 pm

Jonsi wrote:
DandelionFireworks wrote:
Jonsi wrote:
Was 146 before my personalities merged a while ago. My IQ now after the merge, is about 159.

I really don't agree. I am absolute sh** at math. Adding is even hard for me sometimes.

But I do feel special for being the only one in my catagory. :D

You're a multiple? Or you were a multiple?
I was. I'm just me now.

Are you the same person who sympathized with me on a thread in the Haven? And are you the same person who was saying being male sucks and it would be better to be female? It's fine whether or not you are, but I'd like to know who I'm talking to.

NOT A DOCTOR

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 5:41 pm

anbuend wrote:
anbuend wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
anbuend wrote:
I do really badly even on the Internet tests most times, except that one with the grid patterns (that was also one of my stronger points on the real test).

How well you do on this one?

That Spanish Raven one? I just took it and got 58/60 (136). Which is much higher than what I got on the Matrix Reasoning subtest, which was much harder than this online one (which I basically barely even had to think about, just went with what "looked right"). There's also another online Raven-like one that is much harder than this one.

The harder Raven-like one is here:

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

I got 108 on that one. Which is much closer (though slightly lower) to my real score on the Matrix Reasoning subtest, and contained some of the more perplexing types of questions that I remember vaguely from that subtest. Oh, and if you get confused on how to end that test, you have to mouse over the word "Menu" and then click "Send" when you're done, very nonintuitive.

I only got 110. I pretty much just gave up; my brain is fried and the problems make no sense. I'm not even a standard deviation above the mean. Grrrrr.

NOT A DOCTOR

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 6:23 pm

The third time taking the Spanish Raven test I got a 110.

The harder matrix one I scored a 107 on my first try.

I normally get 80-90 on online tests and have even scored mentally ret*d on an online test. I really doubt online tests are skewed higher to make you want to buy the results because I score better on a real test than most online ones!

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 6:29 pm

buryuntime wrote:
The third time taking the Spanish Raven test I got a 110.

The harder matrix one I scored a 107 on my first try.

I normally get 80-90 on online tests and have even scored mentally ret*d on an online test. I really doubt online tests are skewed higher to make you want to buy the results because I score better on a real test than most online ones!

I think they might be skewed higher to people with normal skill levels in certain areas. They're usually heavily tilted to things like language and math, which means I often score like... 50-80ish on them. But I bet if a person had normal skills in those areas it could for all I know be skewed high.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 6:35 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
I always get around 91 for my IQ. This is partly due to the fact that I find puzzles really boring and tedious, and partly due to the fact that I have problems with working memory, or whatever it is, it is like I can only keep a few numbers in my mind at a time, and if I try and fit too many in some others drop off my memory. I do well at the verbal/language part but dunce out at all the logic puzzles.

The IQ test I took in the army was in 1988 the recent one was in 2010. In 1988 they said mine IQ was 138 but in 2010 it was 95 with a 110 or 120 verbal IQ. The doctor told me my memory pretty much screwed me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 6:54 pm

109 and it took me a lot of spine to say that. I guess that I am a drumhead.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 7:13 pm

109 is supposed to be above average; more people score below you than above you if that's your score.

NOT A DOCTOR

Cassia
Toucan
Toucan

05 Mar 2011, 7:21 pm

As far as I know, I've never taken a real IQ test. Sometimes I wonder what I'd score, but since IQ is such a problematic concept, as others on this thread have pointed out, I kind of like the fact that I haven't taken one.

Now convinced that I'm a bit autistic, but still unsure if I'd qualify for a diagnosis, since it causes me few problems. Apparently people who are familiar with the autism spectrum can readily spot that I'm a bit autistic, though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 7:21 pm

DandelionFireworks wrote:
109 is supposed to be above average; more people score below you than above you if that's your score.

I'm feeling better now.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 7:37 pm

Yeah, I bet it's like how most taller-than-average people would feel if they hung out with basketball players.

On the other hand, IQ also doesn't say all that much about you. abuend said hers was 85 and I think a lot of people would call her very smart.

NOT A DOCTOR

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 9:13 pm

I'll know for sure once I have an official test in a couple months. All I know is my true IQ is probably within a couple points from DH's, as we're extremely well matched when it comes to anything intellectual. (Actually we're well matched on pretty much everything else, too.) His is around 140.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 9:34 pm

I once scored 88 on BBC Test the Nation. I cannot for the life of me do a tv-based IQ test!

I tested 111 at school, but I was depressed and exhausted.

My recently tested IQ is 122. I did that test drunk.

ASPiXiE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Mar 2011, 10:32 pm

I've scored 130-143 over the years, depending on which test I've taken and whether anyone else is around; I consistently screw up when I'm being observed.

I just took one online (found it on Google so I don't know how reliable it really is) and scored 132. There were 3 questions I remember getting wrong but only realising after I'd put in the wrong answer - having said that, I don't know how they work out the points for time left, so perhaps if I'd taken longer to be sure of my answer, I would have lost more points for doing so than I would have gained for getting the right answer. The problem with IQ tests is the testing criteria; for example, in the test I just took, I know that I got every word-based question right. I've been writing all my life. The number-based questions took me longer, because 1) I was never quite as good at maths as I was at language, and 2) I've not used numbers properly for a few years. I haven't had to. I could feel my brain working immensely slowly and just not grasping answers that, when I took a similar entrance test to a school at 11, came to me in a flash.

I'm also certain that if I took the test every day, I'd become 'more intelligent,' even if they asked different questions, as long as they were of the same nature. I'm certain I could work my way up to at least 160. So it's a little hard to gauge somebody's intelligence by any given test. Also different racial groups score differently - black people score lower than white on average in standard IQ tests, but when given newer more creative-minded tests they score much higher. I'm not sure what that means for me, being half of each :P

modernhobbit
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Mar 2011, 11:33 pm

I was tested at least three times, when I was five, eight, and sixteen. (I'm now almost 30.) They tested me so much because they wanted to know what was "wrong" with me-- why I appeared so intelligent but had tantrums all the time and no grasp of social rules. I wasn't diagnosed until I was a young adult.

My IQ is about 140-150. Score results varied between the three tests, but it was always within that range. Interestingly, while my verbal was through the roof (higher than the 140-150 range) my nonverbal was about average. Makes sense, as I have a pronounced talent for languages and no mechanical aptitude whatsoever.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 11:36 pm

If you have over 130, I expect you to be a member of Mensa. Image

Really, the internet IQ tests mean nothing at all, they're all just to make you feel like you're intelligent. I really doubt that everyone here is in the 98th percentile in IQ. :roll:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 11:42 pm

Is it just NTs who are allowed to not care about IQs? Can you be ASD and not care? To me, they are meaningless numbers. Doesn't have anything to do with my life. It's just a test score out of many test scores I have received throughout my life. It's funny, everytime I take an exam I receive some sort of score. Most have little impact on my existence.

The most important scores were on my GED, not IQ tests, anyway.