Anyone obsessed with gender development?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 2:48 pm

I can't believe I didn't think of doing it this way before. I've had an incredible amount of frustration trying to find people to discuss theories and thought experiments about the constraints on male and female development, and how it plays out in sexual preferences. Most of the talk in places like love and dating and adult autism issues is either "lowest-common-denominator" type jokes and the like, or else things based on people's own direct personal experience.

Seeing as most of us are on the spectrum here, I figure there may well be someone who has sexual/gender development, particularly anomalous cases of such development, as a true special interest, not just a secondary one as I do. Note I'm talking about psychological development, not physical. If you are such a person, please contact me as I have a whole bunch of things I want to talk about, and you can probably suggest more. I figure this is a better way to go about it than posting questions to the general "public" and having them almost completely ignored.

andrew_w
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Apr 2011, 3:04 am

While it's not exactly a major interest for me, I do find psychology of sexuality and gender fascinating, due to my own unusual sexuality (I'm asexual, with an unusual kind of nonsexual fetish). I'm probably not exactly the kind of person you're looking for, but you can still PM me if you want. One place you could possibly go if you want to discuss issues relating to sexuality and gender would be AVEN, which is an asexuality forum (there is a gender issues subforum there, and despite it being a forum for people who lack sexual attraction, there is quite a bit of discussion of sexuality there as well).

just-lou
Toucan
Toucan

21 Apr 2011, 5:30 am

Not sure exactly what angle you're going for here, but I consider myself asexual and trans/genderqueer. It's been an interest of mine recently too, as I find myself wanting to find others like me - I'm the only queer person I know in regards to both sexuality and gender.