The new AS Test (Among the best I've seen)

Page 8 of 12 [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 5:13 am

danye wrote:
72/72

this forum is running very slow, so havent been able to read all the posts of how people do rate the test.

Well you just confirmed my hypothesis

Conspicuous
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 May 2011, 5:38 am

69/72

I'm not a synesthete (probably), I can kinda read facial expressions, and I have no over-arching special interest. Other than those, I scored green on everything.

tuffy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2011, 5:56 am

I got 71/72

kahlua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2011, 6:17 am

is this test only on facebook? I'd rather not reveal things to people accidentally via this test........

BassMan_720
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2011, 6:27 am

Gosh Scored 38/72. I didn't pass with flying colours. Couldnt establish if I was on the spectrum. This is the first online test that hasn't ruled that I am on the spectrum.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 6:27 am

68/72

The only things that weren't green were this

Quote:
iv) A tendency to develop interests independent of social influences, or a tendency to not adopt interests that are shared by an immediate social group.

which does apply to me, and this

Quote:
iii) Has an unusual degree of interest in, or obtains an unusual amount of pleasure from particular sounds, colours, patterns, or textures (where the interest or pleasure is derived purely from sensory stimuli, rather than from association to something else).

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 6:41 am

I got 67/72 8)

Bella1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2011, 7:09 am

61/72. I identified more with this test than with any others I've done.

My red ones are -

vi) A tendency toward literal interpretation of verbal communication and of the behavior of others.

v) Possesses some form of synesthesia - the tendency to experience one form of sensory or conceptual experience as an entirely separate form of sensory or conceptual experience (such as experiencing visual or scent stimuli when particular sounds occur; strongly associating specific colours, sounds, or personalities to numbers or words; et

ii) Marked differences in the use of non-verbal behaviors (such as using more or less eye contact that the norm, significant amount of blinking during eye contact, unusual facial expressions, decreased or increased use of hand gestures, unusual body posture, etc).

i) Difficulties functioning within or coping with high sensory environments (such as around fluorescent or flashing lights, around certain types of background noise, or around other types of sensory stimuli that would not bother most people significantly).

- - - Actually I disagree with the last two. I blink a lot more than is usual and have unusual gestures. Also find it difficult to concentrate on conversations if there is background noise and flashing lights or car lights at night really bother me.

I also got three yellow ones, but I agree with them.

danye
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 May 2011, 7:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
danye wrote:
72/72

this forum is running very slow, so havent been able to read all the posts of how people do rate the test.

Well you just confirmed my hypothesis

oh goodie for me.

this is the only test ive ever scored maximum on. answered unsure to some. :?

bigdango
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2011, 9:00 am

I did the test and pressed skip when it wanted to publish to my profile.

10 minutes later i get a msg - 'ahh so you have ass burgers?'

Moral of the story - never trust a facebook app!

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

17 May 2011, 9:22 am

bigdango wrote:
I did the test and pressed skip when it wanted to publish to my profile.

10 minutes later i get a msg - 'ahh so you have ass burgers?'

Moral of the story - never trust a facebook app!

LOL!

I think another moral could be "Use your brother's FB account when using a facebook app.". Phonic was a supremely wise man. (Phonic was the second poster)

EB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2011, 11:29 am

I'm not sure if I did it right since it asked if numbers have colors which they do for me but that's only because of a card game I played all the time as a kid. There wasn't an 'unsure' box so I went with 'yes' because I do think of them with those colors often but they don't have to have those colors. (The game was skip-bo and in it 1-4 were green, 5-8 were orange-red and 9-12 were purple. The wild cards with the logo on them were blue.) I played that game from such an early age that I don't know if I'd think of numbers having colors if I hadn't.

There is no such things as Nurture vs Nature as both effect a person, even in a (this is only an example) but even in a empty windowless white room a kid would have both (or in the woods - even more likely).

Nature = genetics

Nurture = enviroment

So the test is flawed in my opinion but it wasn't very long and I alway second guess myself on this kinds of test. There's never quite the right choice listed to pick.

And my results:

The AS Test - Results (May 18 2011, 2:17 am)

AS Test Score: 72 / 72

This score means that it is quite likely that you are on the autistic spectrum. To discuss your results, or for more information, head to the Spectrumites forum (http://www.spectrumites.com - A forum for autistic community discussion, activism and support. The link will take you to the Facebook AS Test discussion).

Below is a list of the criteria used to create this test. Entries in green are criteria that are likely to apply to you, entries in yellow are criteria that may or may not apply to you, and entries in red are criteria that are unlikely to apply to you.

A: Possesses a decreased tendency to socially osmose behaviors and beliefs, as manifested by 5 of the following:

i) Difficulties with non-autistic social interaction (such as missing social cues, difficulties with small talk, difficulties learning what constitutes culturally acceptable behavior, etc).

ii) Marked differences in the use of non-verbal behaviors (such as using more or less eye contact that the norm, significant amount of blinking during eye contact, unusual facial expressions, decreased or increased use of hand gestures, unusual body posture, etc).

iii) Difficulties in recognition of non-verbal communication (such as difficulties in recognising subtleties of facial expressions, difficulties picking up emotional cues that are recognisable to others, etc).

iv) A tendency to develop interests independent of social influences, or a tendency to not adopt interests that are shared by an immediate social group.

v) A tendency to develop a significant number of ethical rules, belief systems, or rules of etiquette that can not be traced back to cultural or social influence.

vi) A tendency toward literal interpretation of verbal communication and of the behavior of others.

vii) A need for explicit instruction in matters (such as social interaction) that others typically learn implicitly (by using an instinctual knowledge base to watch and figure out what should be done).

B: Is affected by "Autistic Inertia", as manifested by 3 of the following:

i) Persistent difficulty in commencing new projects or tasks, changing activities or activity levels, or moving to the next step of an existing project or task.

ii) A tendency to focus on a particular task to the exclusion of all else.

iii) A tendency to develop "special interests" - interests that involve a larger amount of time or a greater intensity of focus than the norm.

iv) A tendency to adopt repetitive motor movements (such as hand flapping, leg bouncing, or complex body motions).

v) A tendency to develop specific non-cultural rituals, habits, or routines, and to adhere to these rituals, habits, or routines with a greater intensity than the norm.

C: Has sensory processing differences, as manifested by 2 of the following:

i) Difficulties functioning within or coping with high sensory environments (such as around fluorescent or flashing lights, around certain types of background noise, or around other types of sensory stimuli that would not bother most people significantly).

ii) Hypersensitivity or hyposensitivity to particular sensory stimuli (such as acute hearing, a particularly high or low tolerance for pain, an abnormal ability to notice small visual details, difficulties in noticing sensory stimuli that are immediately apparent to others, etc).

iii) Has an unusual degree of interest in, or obtains an unusual amount of pleasure from particular sounds, colours, patterns, or textures (where the interest or pleasure is derived purely from sensory stimuli, rather than from association to something else).

iv) Has a tendency to focus on particular parts of objects, rather than the object as a whole.

v) Possesses some form of synesthesia - the tendency to experience one form of sensory or conceptual experience as an entirely separate form of sensory or conceptual experience (such as experiencing visual or scent stimuli when particular sounds occur; strongly associating specific colours, sounds, or personalities to numbers or words; etc).

vi) Difficulties identifying people by their facial features.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 1:30 pm

AS Test Score: 68 / 72

Thanks, good test!

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 4:32 pm

69 - a very nice number, indeed! :lol:

I am, at the same time, both surprised and bemused by such a high score. Until I started (on a whim) to research Asperger's about a year ago, I had never seriously considered the possibility that I might have something "diagnosable." I guess I'm still adjusting to the idea that there is a name for my particular kind of weirdness, because when I score sooooooo high on a test like this, or read an article online - or a post on here - that sheds new light on some aspect of AS that fits me to a tee, I'm somewhat taken aback. On the other hand, I've read so many descriptions of AS that seem like descriptions of ME, and scored so deep in "Aspie" territory on so many tests, that I kinda expect to be surprised, if that makes sense.

Flyingladder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 May 2011, 5:18 pm

I don't want people on facebook to know I might have AS.

Shame, I was curious to find out my score.

I very much dislike how you are forced or tricked into sharing all this random information on facebook that you don't want to, if it wasn't for trying to keep up with a few people I wouldn't have one at all.

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 5:43 pm

72/72, and I had a few "sometimes" in there. Sh*t, I declined publishing that I'd taken the test. Hopefully I won't get some kinda message that I have "ass burgers"....LOL...

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu