Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ajlposh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 May 2011, 12:45 am

Has anybody ever had someone who has done or said mean things to you specifically because you are an Aspie?

TB
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 12:51 am

Is there anyone who has never had any mean action against him specifically because he was an aspie ?.

Well here goes when i was young some boy kicked a soccer ball into someone who then started crying, some wannabe heroes decided to go after the perpetraitor. Because i was smiling for some random reason i got hit in the face several times while the other held me down. Yes they thought i did it because i could not stop smiling even though they where about to beat me.

See this is theory of mind they obviously knew who was lying due to the empathy they posses.

Often i think that nts argue their case not by using valid arguments but rather intensity. If people get mad they must have been accused wrongfully. I hate it when people play mad to get out of things. I was never able to do this. If you argue in a calm way you actually look more guilty.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 3:05 am

I had a friend who I'd meet up with for coffee and a chat. The week that I was diagnosed she completely went off on one at me for no reason and hasn't spoken to me since.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 5:27 am

the only ones that would do anything simular are my friends, they are also usually the only ones to know about my AS.
however, i know they mean their remarks as a joke, and they know i can take those jokes (i usually am the one making the joke on my own behalf...) so it's all in good fun