Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 10:52 pm

People think I am insane because not of my autism but rather my schizoaffective disorder. I know people and see people who are far worse off than me sanity wise. I always see schizophrenics on the street talking or yelling at voices in their heads. I once went to a mental hospital and I was believe it or not one of the sanest people there. My brother really thinks I am nuts. I think he is though. Also annoying but I still love him.

Technarch
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jul 2011, 11:14 pm

I'm only crazy when I try to act sane

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

05 Jul 2011, 11:34 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Yes I have and I don't totally disagree....though I still think I have some sanity left but I could be wrong.

Was about to say the exact same thing...

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 11:39 pm

I consider myself crazy so yes..

Hauge
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jul 2011, 11:52 pm

Definetly YES!

As Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) once sang. "the looniticks are in my head" :D

AQ=44, EQ=7, SQ=64, Aspie-quiz AS=162/200 NT=37/200

RonWren
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jul 2011, 1:35 am

Everyone except my grandmother (who thinks anything besides being completely normal will destroy anyone's self esteem) thinks I'm crazy, especially me because I know myself the best.

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2011, 2:18 am

My therapist doesn't like when I call myself crazy but that's why I'm there. lol. I find fellow oddballs the most interesting people anyway though.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jul 2011, 8:46 am

I'm often called crazy, people generally say I'll probably be a mad scientist when I grow up. It's my dream job. :D

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Jul 2011, 9:14 am

Eh, lil bit. Can't say they're completely wrong either. :?

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 9:57 am

swbluto wrote:
Crazy people are those that fail to comply with various social norms, including behavioral, thinking and linguistic norms.

That's a rather arbitrary and loaded definition.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 11:00 am

I am to a degree, but haven't been very often called as one (a friend and my parents have the most).

Kookygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2011, 11:17 am

I think there's a saying that if you think you're crazy, then you are not. Truly crazy people don't know that they're crazy. So I'm gonna have to answer yes, I think I'm crazy haha

Although if by thinking your crazy means your not, does that mean all those 'normal' people who consider themselves sane are actually all crazy. Maybe autism is the human brain evolving into something better and the rest of the population just hasn't caught up yet. Or maybe I'm thinking about this too much...

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

06 Jul 2011, 11:42 am

Kookygirl wrote:
I think there's a saying that if you think you're crazy, then you are not. Truly crazy people don't know that they're crazy. So I'm gonna have to answer yes, I think I'm crazy haha

Although if by thinking your crazy means your not, does that mean all those 'normal' people who consider themselves sane are actually all crazy. Maybe autism is the human brain evolving into something better and the rest of the population just hasn't caught up yet. Or maybe I'm thinking about this too much...

I like the thought of us being evolved, actually. In some ways we kind of are. :hail:

Kookygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2011, 11:50 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Kookygirl wrote:

I like the thought of us being evolved, actually. In some ways we kind of are. :hail:

Well in movies where contact is made with superior aliens, theyre always emotionless and logical, so I think people must agree with this even if it's on a subconscious level.

Nordlys
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2011, 1:27 pm

To middle school a classmate called me crazy. Teachers said i was a spoiled kid.
To high school classmates though i had allucinations, memory disorders or homicidal tendencies. :?

- La diversità è l'elemento principe del mondo -

Bill43
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2011, 1:34 pm

I am good looking, and when I open my mouth, I chase people away like Frankenstein. I often say my best chance of getting a relationship with a woman is if I play a "deaf/mute". Then, I can't say anything that will permanently drive a woman away.