Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sandee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jul 2011, 8:09 pm

Parents, this question if for you.

Well, I guess this can also be asked directly to college students as well.

If you have Autism or Asperger Syndrome and you needed tutoring (not math), what kind of help would you like to have? What difficulties do you have in understanding class work?

What kind of person would you want to work with you or your teenager? What is the hardest class you have in college? Are reports hard? What part of the report is hard?

And last of all, what would you expect to pay for an hour and a half session? (If the tutor came to YOUR home and tutored, you wouldn't have to leave or drive anywhere). Would you pay more for a tutor that came to your home at 6pm or 7pm after you get home from work? Would paying in cash only be an issue?

I am starting to tutor (again) and this time, I am focusing on adult (and teenager, if in senior year of high school) Autism and Asperger Syndrome and I am doing an hour an a half sessions, instead of the tranditional hour sessions. I also tutor learning disabled adults. I went through college and I have a learning disabilty so I understand some of those challenges. What are your challenges?

I live in West Riverside County (California) and I don't have anything set up for tutoring online, so I only do face to face at this time. Thanks! Sandra

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 8:21 pm

To be honest, for me, tutoring is really more of an 'option zero.' I like to work on my own and figure things out myself, even when it only makes things harder. Asking for help from anyone really is a last resort.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 8:21 pm

You might want to post this in the parents' forum.

Sandee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jul 2011, 8:40 pm

Oh, I didn't realize there was a parents forum. Will do, thanks for the heads up. And I never used tutoring in my upper division classes and not once for my MBA. I only used it for algebra. I have to agree, I put myself through so much, since I can't stand asking for help.