Page 3 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 4:11 am

Perspective-taking scale = 12 (av. 16.78 )
Fantasy scale = 15 (av. 15.73)
Empathic concern scale = 18 (av. 19.04)
Personal distress scale = 21 (av. 9.46)

I guess I conform to the trend too.

One problem with PT is that I tend to assume people think similarly to me. This is obviously a misbelief.

BassMan_720
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jul 2011, 4:49 am

PT = perspective-taking scale - 25
FS = fantasy scale - 11
EC = empathic concern scale - 28
PD = personal distress scale - 11

I don't think much of this test. I score lower than average of FS, a little above average of PD and way over average on PT and EC. Similar EQ type tests normally show me a few marks lower than Vlad the Impailer.

I have been studying myself alot since realising I have AS. I know that I can be very sympathetic once I can understand a situation but I have almost zero empathy in that I often do not pick up the signs that show how people are feeling and so I do not have all of the information. I can feel really bad when I read a situation wrongly.

Arian
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jul 2011, 7:37 am

Perspective Taking: 12 (below average) (average scores: 16.78 for men; 17.96 for women)
Fantasy: 17 (average) (average scores: 15.73 for men; 18.75 for women)
Empathic Concern : 17 (below average) (average scores: 19.04 for men; 21.67 for women)
Personal Distress: 20 (higher than average) (average scores: 9.46 for men; 12.28 for women)

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 8:40 am

Yep - PT = perspective-taking scale = 3
FS = fantasy scale = 18
EC = empathic concern scale = 10
PD = personal distress scale = 17

Clearly I am off the scale in EC and PT (below average - no surprises here) and at the upper limit in PD. All in all, a regular Aspie.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 8:51 am

PT=3
FS=7
EC=13
PD=8

There was a time in my life that i spent a large part of my time daydreaming but i scored as I am now.

Siaqey
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2011, 5:18 am

PT = perspective-taking scale16
FS = fantasy scale26
EC = empathic concern scale17
PD = personal distress scale32

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 8:33 pm

I managed to get my hands on an SPSS program and fed these responses into it. My analysis is present [http://abnormaldiversity.blogspot.com/2011/08/autism-and-types-of-empathy.html]here[/url].

davidalan11235813
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Aug 2011, 9:14 pm

PT = perspective-taking scale-5
FS = fantasy scale-20
EC = empathic concern scale-20
PD = personal distress scale-29

It makes sense. I can't really understand other people's perspectives, but I can relate to other people's pain, and there have been times where I've completely broken down because of someone else's distress.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 5:34 am

Ettina wrote:
I managed to get my hands on an SPSS program and fed these responses into it. My analysis is present here.

Ettina, thanks for posting this link. I really enjoyed reading your blog post.

You might be interested in this journal article which has similar results to your analysis: Who Cares? Revisiting Empathy in Asperger Syndrome

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 6:21 am

Ettina wrote:
I managed to get my hands on an SPSS program and fed these responses into it. My analysis is present [http://abnormaldiversity.blogspot.com/2011/08/autism-and-types-of-empathy.html]here[/url].

I guess I'm the one you took out of your consideration. I chose "family member with AS" because it is the one thing I can say with absolute certainty, because I don't have nor can I afford an official diagnosis. That doesn't mean I don't believe I'm on the spectrum somewhere. As a matter of fact, in some ways my son functions socially better than I do.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 8:33 am

Quote:
I guess I'm the one you took out of your consideration. I chose "family member with AS" because it is the one thing I can say with absolute certainty, because I don't have nor can I afford an official diagnosis. That doesn't mean I don't believe I'm on the spectrum somewhere. As a matter of fact, in some ways my son functions socially better than I do.

Yes, you are the one I removed from the sample. I hope you don't mind. From your profile I couldn't tell if you thought you were on the spectrum or not.

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 10:53 am

PT: 17
FS: 11
EC: 17
PD: 18

I've been training myself to take the perspective of others. Also, bullying has given me a lot of empathy for the downtrodden. I thought it a bit weird that I scored so low on the fantasy scale, since I'm a bit of a daydreamer. For the rest, though, I seem to conform to the trends.

I'm also slightly inclined to do some statistical analysis myself. >.>

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

leviathans
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2011, 11:06 am

FS = 27
PT = 12
EC = 9
PD = 12

I feel like a bastard now lol. I thought that I was more empathetic than this.

My fantasy scale is really high. Every-time I finish watching a movie I always feel like I'm the character himself, It's crazy. I really hate movies where I can't identify at all with the hero choices or opinions. I hate Smallville, Clark Kent is a complete idiot in this tv show...

I don't really get the personal distress thing. I always get annoyed when people act so into it and crazy when there is some kind of urgency. To be honest, I really don't care about the emergency situation, I just want my routine to not be disrupted.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 12:46 pm

Fantasy: 25:
Perspective Taking: 12
Empathic Concern : 21
Personal Distress: 28

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term therapists - that I am an anxious and highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder.

My diagnoses - social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 4:07 pm

Ettina wrote:
Quote:

Yes, you are the one I removed from the sample. I hope you don't mind. From your profile I couldn't tell if you thought you were on the spectrum or not.

No problem, I understand your reasoning. I notice my scores are lower than both WP and general population averages. Wonder what that means.

Luci
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2011, 9:09 pm

Fantasy = 21
Perspective Taking = 10
Empathic Concern = 1
Personal Distress = 9

The "emergency" questions were a bit confusing. What qualifies as an emergency?