Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DownrangeFuture
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Sep 2011, 10:26 am

So, I still haven't had a chance to talk to my doctors about the possibilty of being an aspie. They're really booked and I tried to get an appointment with my psycologist, but he was booked until past my appointment with the psychatrist next week.

Anyway, my question was if anyone experienced issues with the anti-depressants working? Over the last 6 months or so, the doctors have been trying to get those straightened out, but every time they change my dosage, it works for a few weeks and then tapers off, so that by the end of two months they're almost not working anymore.

I wonder if my issue isn't so much a depressive disorder, but stress-induced depression. The stress being trying to function in a military-type environment. I spent 4 years in the "red zone" apparently. I haven't been on deployment in 2 years almost, and I still wake up screaming things like "Mount 241 manned and ready, 150 rounds loaded, condition 1, eyes on target." or "Aye, Aye petty officer!"

That and constantly being yelled at because I suffer from CRS syndrome. (Can't Remember S***)

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 10:34 am

You don't say which one you're on or your dose.

I had very many unpleasant side effects with Citalopram. I also knew it was working because I felt numbed (if that is what it was supposed to be doing).

Anyway, off them now and good riddance.

DownrangeFuture
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Sep 2011, 11:50 am

Sorry. I had intended to add those in, but I got distracted.

I'm taking the maximum doseage of Celexa (Citalopram) which is 60mg. I'm also taking 150mg delayed release of Welbutrin (sp?).

Celexa tends to give me a devil may care attitude for awhile and then I'm back to being annoyed by tiny things. Leaving 10 minutes late, children watching me play video games (nothing child inappropriate), having to stop what I'm doing to answer questions, etc. And the "OMG, got to get out of here" feeling slowly starts to come back after that.

Welbutrin just makes me feel weird. Sometimes it's like I'm shaky all over and can't even type. Sometimes I feel like parts of me are out of phase or lagging or something. It's not like whole parts either. It might be two fingers and part of my hand, or a "slice" of my head, etc. It's like, I moved, and those parts stayed where they were at, then suddenly snap back into place.

But the biggest issue, is that no matter how many times they up my dosage, after a few weeks, the pills stop working.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 12:36 pm

60mg. Wow. That does seem a little on the high side but not unheard of.

My highest dose was 20mg and even that didn't agree with me. I certainly felt a general apathy but whatever small benefit I was getting was obscured by all the negative effects. Ultimately I decided to come off it because I believed it was actually doing more to hinder my recovery than help.

Welbutrin I have no experience of. How do you decide which drug is causing what?

DownrangeFuture
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

It's easy to tell what is doing what because I didn't start taking them at the same time.

It was 20mg Celexa
Then 40mg Celexa
Then 40mg Celexa + 75mg Welbutrin
Then 40mg Celexa + 150mg Welbutrin
And now 60mg Celexa + 150mg Welburtin.

So I just didn't care about anything and lack of libido were all the symptoms until I got on the welburtin. Now I have those out of phase moments too, etc.

But everytime, it only works for a few weeks and then slowly stops working. Just wondered if that was common.