Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2007, 9:51 pm

I know my son has a few! so I want to hear yours :D

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 10:00 pm

Well, for a start; people who are obsessed with mindless trivia, things like so-called "reality" TV shows.

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 10:06 pm

Celebrity gossip is SO overrated. Football is SO overrated. I don't like it when my aide nags me in school. The media making up lies about particular groups of people REALLY upsets me, too.

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 10:10 pm

Apathy and people who make a living despite being completely incompetent at their job.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 11:25 pm

WOW! How about all of the above and people that talk and talk and talk and talk, and know it wastes everyones time and had nothing to do with what was being discussed, not even tangentially!?

Steve

Ganurath
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jan 2007, 11:27 pm

People who insist on telling me about things they know I don't care about and have no reason to care about.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 10:23 am

People who don't love and care for their animals.

VictoriasMummy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2007, 10:26 am

Ganurath wrote:
People who insist on telling me about things they know I don't care about and have no reason to care about.

I am a night manager in a small grocery store and I totally relate to this. Complete strangers seem to want to offer me explanations for things that I don't care about and quite frankly are none of my business. :roll:

I mean heck, why did that old man last summer seem to think I was interested in hearing about his prostate cancer treatment??? :?

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 10:36 am

Software that contains lots of bugs in all the wrong places.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 10:37 am

Bad spelling and incorrect grammar, typing errors specifically and especially in newspapers and books who are SUPPOSED to have proofreaders.

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 10:40 am

MelancholyBunny wrote:
Bad spelling and incorrect grammar, typing errors specifically and especially in newspapers and books who are SUPPOSED to have proofreaders.

Hell yeah.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 10:41 am

The people at my Clubhouse talk about surgeries, and I think in my mind, "Isn't there anything else that you can talk abut? How about the News?"

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 10:45 am

andy1976uk wrote:
Software that contains lots of bugs in all the wrong places.

HERES ONE!! !! Windows "VM" garbage! UNIX has been doing VM right before BG even THOUGHT about creating a company, yet MS still doesn't seem to even understand the CONCEPT! REGARDLESS, Windows requires it and depends on it! The result? Even the BEST windows software may crash. In fact, following M/S dictates it *****MUST***** crash! M/S actually recommends it!

The UNIX answer is to dissallow the request in UNIX. M/S ALLOWS the impossible request in WINDOWS, and either aborts that or another request. UNIX standards dictate a graceful downgrade(such as failure to open a new window with an OOM error. M/S standards dictate an abrupt abort with an "assertion error"! Sometimes their buggy software doesn't even allow that. The result is lost data, corrupted files, memory leaks, reboots, and FRUSTRATION!

Steve

Vegasadelphia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2007, 11:27 am

When someone makes plans and then cancels them. For example, you and your sister plan to meet your parents for dinner, and both of them cancel last minute. Now I cannot get anything else done, because I am so frustrated over the plans being changed!

About 2 weeks ago, everyone did it to me in one day. First my sister, then my parents, then my best friend. I literally almost broke a door I slammed it so hard in frustration!

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 11:29 am

Toothache. :(

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 11:34 am

Boomer parents treating their children like they're the next in line to be the bloody king of england ! !! Also known as spoiling the little brats rotten ! !!