Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

lkonantz
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2007, 5:36 pm

I do it too. Mostly when I'm way at college and talking to my parents on the cellphone. If I'm not walking around I'm doing something else like surfing the web or watcing TV. I have to do something when I'm on the phone. Also, I talk with my hands when I'm on the phone.

LovingmyAspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2007, 6:10 pm

My son paces on the phone or off! it is just one of his characteristics....

amerikasend
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2007, 6:20 pm

I normally need to fiddle with something in my free hand, like a pen or pocket change in my pocket when on the phone. I don't really enjoy talking on the phone, i try to keep it short. It makes me uncomfortable talking on the phone, because I cannot see the person.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 6:21 pm

I pace if I'm standing, helps me concentrate.. maybe connected to a 'walking form' of meditation?

korppi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2007, 6:23 pm

I usually pace too (latest example a few hours ago). Mobile phones are great - I don't have to mind the cord.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 10:38 pm

This is so hilarious! Yet another characteristic that I didn't realize my sons share with this large group!

BOTH sons have ALWAYS paced while they were on the phone. It really drove us nuts with the older one, because we were always afraid he was going to choke himself with the cord when he was young (obviously pre-cell phone era)

Kris

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 11:03 pm

Yes. I stopped after my parents told me it was annoying. I think it might have been because I would knock over lamps.

Catalyst
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2007, 11:20 pm

I'm horrible about this, except when I'm at work. I do most of my work on the phone. Every now and then I will get up and pace a bit, but that's because I have restless leg syndrome that kicks in when I'm tired.

chadders
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2007, 11:29 pm

Rarely do I not walk while on the phone :P.

That's my two pence worth.

animeboy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2007, 11:48 pm

Since my family has a wireless phone, I usually pace through the main open area of my house, I feel like I need to do it, or I couldn't think of what to say to the person on the other side of the line, plus I feel really nervous when I talk to someone else.

Phantasmagoric
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2007, 5:12 pm

I pace a lot.

Elsie

13 Jan 2007, 6:42 pm

my mom always gets annoyed because I'm constantly doing other things while on the phone.
i can't just sit there and talk to someone, i don't see the point.
i don't talk on the phone anyway unless it's my mom. and even then it's just to tell her a bunch of stuff that probably isn't important anyway lol.

i'm just thankful for cordless phones

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 2:53 am

I pace around quite a bit. It's pretty easy with landline cordless phones, since well... you're not tied to a telephone base. It's a bit harder with cell phones, since you never know when you might walk into a "dead spot", where your call will be dropped.

Zamzara
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2007, 11:30 am

Yes I do this too. If I have to keep still I can't think of anything to say and I tend to just murmur, if I walk around a lot it seems to help. I'm amazed that so many others do this, I thought it was just me!

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 12:03 pm

ping-machine wrote:
Mmm...

It's not really that uncommon, though.

In Japan, I used to watch people on their mobile phones, and they would actually bow while on the phone, so it looks like rocking if you do it a lot. :)

I saw that in a movie one time :)

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2007, 1:32 pm

It depends on who I am talking to. I hate talking to strangers on the phone so I pace a lot when I'm doing that. Otherwise I guess it depends on where I am. If I'm in my room, I talk sitting at my desk because there just isn't all that much room for pacing. My favorite place to talk for extended times on my cell phone, however, is a long isolated hallway in the theater department. No one uses it to speak of and I as talk, I pace back and forth the ~30' length of it.