Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GaryOak
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Sep 2011, 7:41 am

Princess78 wrote:
It's hot here in the U.S., too. It was 78 degrees today. 78! Can you believe that? That's 2 degrees away from 80! But, then again, the beginning of fall is usually warm. Not as bad as this, though. The whole Earth is messed up. Plus, we had all those storms. It's ridiculous!

Dear Lord do you live in Alaska or something?
I'm from the deep south and this year it was over 100 Fahrenheit for the majority of the summer. I didn't have a lot to complain about though, I am used to the heat.

I don't know why but I'm really not that sensative to heat.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 8:36 am

You're telling me. Here in Phoenix the most constant temperature during the summers is about 110 degrees if we're lucky.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 9:12 am

Hate it when it gets above 26 C (79 F)
Which is why I like spring and to a lesser degree, autumn.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

Quote:
There is NO SUCH THING as man made climate change.

There is no such thing, but I still blame the government for having cold winters. I can see them getting people to ship lots and lots of ice from the sea near Greenland and shipping it over in our sea, to change the weather for us so that we have to pay more on our heating, or they want poor people who can't afford heating to die in the cold because, don't forget, Cameron hates the poor and is doing everything he can to make us unhappy.

That is my theory, although it is wrong and I'm not convincing others to believe me. I just think it's a coincidence how the climate has changed as soon as we hit the recession back in 2008.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 3:37 pm

I detest hot weather and this summer I have been at home a lot with my fan on.

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 5:37 pm

Growing up outside of Rochester, New York is a bit like growing up on Hoth. I was used to the cold, and stayed in the air conditioning those few days a year where temperatures broke 80 degrees farenheit.

Then I moved to the Mid-Atlantic, and saw what hot really meant. August days are over 100 degrees and extremely humid, to the point where you do not want to be outside in the afternoon.

These days, it seems like the whole damn country is starting to move south. I ask why.

mallow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2011, 5:51 pm

I also don´t like the hot weather,I would love to move up north somewhere because of the hot summers here in Germany.
I am so glad that it is fall now,to me this is the nicest time of the jear.

ZippyZ
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

I think the key to surviving the summer is being able to cool down.

Arizona is MUCH hotter than Wisconsin, yet I felt more at east (climate-wise) in AZ because of the powerful AC units the dorms had in them. Here at home the best we can muster in the heat are open windows and fans; the one AC unit we have is terribly inefficient at heating more than just the immediate living room.

Heat bothers people, gets the blood boiling and tempers rise... there's a reason why they keep jails at such cold temperatures, even in the winter...

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 12:33 am

I live in the Caribbean...it's ALWAYS hot! Now that you mention this I wonder if that's the reason that I am so overwhelmed all the time...I hate it. I have no choice. We have no central air. We only use one AC at night, in our bedroom and our electricity bill is close to 400USD. I need to move.