Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 7:16 pm

I recognize any emotion, I just maybe have a problem expressing them sometimes. I often suppress them. Maybe this sounds weird, but in some situations, with some people I feel unfree, because of the general superficiality, and I think I may have problem expressing emotions in such problematic atmospheres because my emotions will have to be aligned with the surrounding superficiality and therefore kind of fake. Just to burst out my inner energy in the middle of a fake atmosphere will generate a lot of attention... Sometimes its ok and Im authentic -and I can brake the ice in a group of people, but sometimes not, because I give the people too much respect I guess. ??? Maybe its social anxiety.

I think peoples faking kind of blocks me. -until I explode (mostly behind closed doors and alone).

andrew_w
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2011, 2:04 am

I definitely feel my emotions, but in what I believe is an unusual way. My mind is divided into separate thinking and feeling layers (I suspect that for most people, thinking and feeling overlap almost completely, whereas for me, they more or less occupy parallel spaces with only partial overlap). I also experience different types of emotions (I don't really experience complex social emotions to the same degree that a non-autistic would, and I also experience somewhat hard-to-describe phenomena that are basically halfway between emotions and sensory experiences).