Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 8:39 am

ab65 wrote:
I do not understand how to begin to understand politics

Politics is one of the key NT behaviour patterns - the Winning pattern.

It is not necessary to simply win, there MUST also be a loser, who is also the 'enemy'.

Political 'friends' are CURRENT strategic allies.

There is no neutrality in politics or indeed in NT social 'games'

You are either a 'friend' or an enemy/threat

Amongst NTz it is considered more socially inappropriate to 'cause offense' than to lie!

Contrast the 'diplomatic' (appropriate) language of Westminster and D.C. with the (usually) hidden behaviour and honesty records of politicians!

Galvanic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Oct 2011, 9:53 am

I never understood why people chose to make enemies with people just because of their differences instead of trying to make new friends.

I never understood why people say that certain stores that sell certain merchandise, whether it be clothes, food, books, etc, are better than other stores that sell the same stuff. To me, stores like Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, etc, they are all the same. I'll walk into a supermarket and browse around and then leave and go into another supermarket with a different name, and I will notice that the two stores will carry the exact same stuff! And yet people will argue about what stores are better -.-

I never understood why some people yell at the T.V. when they are watching a sports game like Football. Some people will get angry just because one of the players on the team they're cheering for doesnt catch the ball or something. It is just so ridiculous, in the end it is just a game so why do these people get so upset? I can't believe that some people have actually started riots after sports events like the Superbowl. It is just so pathetic how people can act so foolish about games that are made for entertainment.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 10:29 am

One of my favorite onion articles:
it sums up the banality of all sports in my opinion.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/you-wi ... m-f,10804/

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 10:43 am

Trigonometry. Failed it four times. Couldnt get over how self redundantly stupid all the proofs were. But I kept taking it because I wanted to learn Calculus.

Which is extra weird because I have a thorough and intuitive grasp of Geometry (spatial thinking, one of my natural thought states.) And I aced all the calculus questions on the ACT test, having never learned them and just puzzling them out on paper during the exam. I'm good with basic math and algebra too, just not Trig. :(

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 11:43 am

theslanket wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
How someone's obsession or special intrest can be anything people related.

I have a big interest in psychology, which came with trying to understand myself.

Psyhology facinates me too. Maybe I worded my post wrong becuase I meant stuff like actors.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

16 Oct 2011, 12:29 pm

Blindspot149 wrote:
There is no neutrality in politics or indeed in NT social 'games'

You are either a 'friend' or an enemy/threat

Yep, that's basically it. It seems NTs are primarily concerned with determining if you're an enemy or friend during the first few encounters.