Official International Wrong Planet Conference / Festival

Page 21 of 29 [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 4:50 am

i vote for evergreen community college in olympia, washington :idea:

iconoclastic1112000
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Feb 2012, 9:23 pm

or the Armory in NYC. Or the Metropolitan Pavilion( in NYC) But do it in NYC, why bother with anywhere else? It's not JUST because I live within a subway ride or walk of these places.....

mattron
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Mar 2012, 6:20 pm

It's sounds like a very good idea, but I live in Southern Ontario so I am very far away

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 6:55 am

mattron wrote:
It's sounds like a very good idea, but I live in Southern Ontario so I am very far away

hiya Mattron :)
welcome to our neat little club 8)
i am almost as far away from the aspie action. :hmph:

Lepidoptera
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Mar 2012, 9:59 pm

Everyone seems to be assuming this will be held in summer 2012 even though Alex didn't say anything about the time in his original post. Summer is only 3 to 6 months off as I write this. That is an incredibly short time to organize something of this magnitude, especially when you're talking about fundraising and don't even have a location reserved. I'm not even sure it's possible to reserve a nice place at this late date. Many conventions reserve their location and date a year in advance. Realistically this should be planned for summer 2013. Not only would you have adequate time to organize it properly, people who live farther away would have a chance to plan ahead for a major trip.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 2:19 am

Can this be made a sticky? I want to keep track. Maybe a sign-up or something too so that we know when things are planned. I suggest not Vegas, not NYC, not a crowded area...but instead a peaceful place...maybe New Mexico, maybe Arizona or Tennesse...I don't know...somewhere quiet and calm...

Also, it would be great if there were some kid activities. I think it is very important as adults to show kids that everything WILL BE ALRIGHT...instead of the stuff they normally hear.

Now that I am aware, I will definitely be setting aside the money now so that I can attend with my son and possibly my undiagnosed autistic uncle. :-)

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 2:35 am

BTW, if you have a list of volunteers needed, ie. need someone to do X, Y or Z...that would be a good sticky...since we are not always great with words or understanding people, maybe seeing what is actually needed will allow some of us to volunteer :-)

PS - I suggest that we don't only ask for people to sponsor the event, but allow some here to work...ie. any artists? Maybe Alex can set up a Zazzle or Cafe Press type account, we can get a few designs from members here and post and start selling...that money can be used for something...heck, I'm not a very good artist and make some money there :-)

JonAZ
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Mar 2012, 10:36 pm

Las Vegas is relatively inexpensive compared to Hollywood. I could come up with the cash to visit Las Vegas. However, I would not have the time to spend an entire week there. As a teacher, I could only attend when school is not in session.

My family would need a place with a suite of two rooms to accommodate the needs of my autistic son. It would be a living room plus bedroom situation. I personally would like something at the THEhotel at the Mandalay Bay. A nice tunnel and tram system connects these hotels to the less expensive Luxur and Excalibur.

There are many people on WP that I would give my right arm to see in person.

I am going to play lottery on Saturday. When I win, we will have the best ever party at my expense.

www.manyperceptions.org

My son has autism.

N0tYetDeadFred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Mar 2012, 6:56 pm

Awesome! If it's in the summertime, I'll be there! :D

Tin_foil_hat
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

I wish I could go! :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:01 pm

N0tYetDeadFred wrote:
Awesome! If it's in the summertime, I'll be there! :D

you'll sweat buckets if you step outside the air-conditioned comfort of the hotel...
i wish i could go, despite that.

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 3:19 am

Is this dead? Any plans to still do this?

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 3:56 am

as it stands Alex hasnt said much in a while - people seem to mainly be discussing where they think they should have it

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

Piedmont
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2012, 12:46 pm

Big conferences:

1.) I think these things have to be planned at least a year in advance. Sometimes 14-18 months.

2.) Has anyone thought of starting small?--Comicon started small, was a malleable thing able to change to serve its constituents and eventually grew into a massive cultural event. For instance, a small college might be willing to donate space to Wrong Planet for a weekend conference in exchange for good PR in the spectrum community.

3.) You're going to let ADHD & LD folks come too, right?

Aspiegirl7
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Apr 2012, 11:22 pm

I so totally want to come to an event like that, and bring my little sister too. I am totally excited at the possibility. I really hope it comes tp fruition! I am an artist/painter and am willing to contribute artwork for display too-it sounds so fun!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 11:26 pm

Piedmont wrote:
Big conferences: a small college might be willing to donate space to Wrong Planet for a weekend conference in exchange for good PR in the spectrum community.

i hope evergreen community college [olympia, wa] gets a clue and hosts something like this sometime.