Loud/sudden/repetitive noises. 48%  48%  [ 53 ]
Itchy/uncomfortable clothing. 13%  13%  [ 14 ]
Overbearing odors. 17%  17%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 110

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 5:32 pm

Bright lights. Give me headaches and make my eyes burn.

You will reap what you've sown.

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 5:53 pm

Bad smells drives me nuts.

nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Mar 2012, 7:08 am

Definitely noises. I hate sirens, metal folding chairs banging together and many others.

dorfin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Mar 2012, 8:29 am

I really hate sudden/ repetitive noises, but I love listening to my own music really loud. I like to stand right next to the speaker with the volume turned right up and have made myself go temporarily deaf a few times. i know its bad for my ears but carry on because i love how it feels. Music I don't like annoys me at any volume.

I actually really like likes and could stare at them for hours. The feel of clothes doesn't bother me much but i usually wear the same things anyway. I do hate the feel of water/air on my skin though and also people touching me. I have very sensitive smell but it mostyly doesn't bother me except strong perfumes and laundry detergents.

Koi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2012, 2:24 pm

dorfin wrote:
I really hate sudden/ repetitive noises, but I love listening to my own music really loud. I like to stand right next to the speaker with the volume turned right up and have made myself go temporarily deaf a few times. i know its bad for my ears but carry on because i love how it feels. Music I don't like annoys me at any volume.

I actually really like likes and could stare at them for hours. The feel of clothes doesn't bother me much but i usually wear the same things anyway. I do hate the feel of water/air on my skin though and also people touching me. I have very sensitive smell but it mostyly doesn't bother me except strong perfumes and laundry detergents.

How could you stare into lights for hours? How has that not affected your sight?

dorfin

25 Mar 2012, 3:53 am

Koi wrote:
How could you stare into lights for hours? How has that not affected your sight?

I just let my eyes go out of focus like with a stereogram. The best kind of lights are ones that twinkle or change colour. Its really relaxing and I hate it if I get interupted.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 5:16 am

A tie between strong odors and itchy / uncomfortable clothes for me. The only time sounds or lights bother me is when I've got a migraine.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 9:09 pm

Bright lights, loud/repetitive noises and uncomfortable clothing all really bother me, but if I were forced to endure each of those three, I could close my eyes/look away and plug my ears, but I can't exactly make my clothes stop touching me.

Plus if I wear uncomfortable clothes too much it sets off my sexual abuse triggers as well because I get too aware of the feel of my body.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

Unfortunately, my answer was Loud/sudden/rep. noises, but it is almost a tie with bright lights, especially SUDDEN bright lights ( although natural storm lightining really doesn't & I cannot say WHY about this!) being just as troublesome.

Sincerely,
Matthew

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Mar 2012, 9:46 pm

Loud/repetitive noises for me. Bright lights can bother me, but only if they're REALLY bright. I don't buy clothes that are uncomfortable, so that's not an issue. And I don't have the best sense of smell, so I don't come across odours that bother me too often.

katwithhat
Toucan
Toucan

26 Mar 2012, 7:31 am

Noise. It's always noise. I can sit in my house ALL day with absolutely nothing on and feel great. Then when my mother decides to get out of bed (around 3pm), the first thing she does is turn the tv on. Bothers me to no end. AND she stays up ALL night so when I get up in the morning (like right now) the freaking tv is ON!! ! How many times do I have to tell her to not talk to me in the morning AND I enjoy SILENCE in the morning??? Drives me bonkers!! ! But noise, yes, noise.

lundygirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 7:38 am

I can't bear loud noises, and sudden noise like sirens, mobile phone tones etc. There are some TV ads on at the mo which feature a variety of noises, and those ads drive me mad. I also have a problem with low pitch, repetitive noises - I feel the noise in my stomach and it troubles me, if that makes any sense!

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 1:55 pm

very sensitive to noises

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

slave
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 2:36 pm

All of the above.