Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How would you rate your clean and tidiness?
Surgically sterile 6%  6%  [ 9 ]
Good enough for company 15%  15%  [ 22 ]
Has that "lived in" look. 27%  27%  [ 39 ]
Piles of stuff on every flat surface. 52%  52%  [ 76 ]
Total votes : 146

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 4:39 pm

It depends on my mood for just about everything but the kitchen and bathroom - those tend to be spotless. I'm a germ-a-phobe but I've no fear of dirt or dust.

I have project tables that I leave up while I'm working on a project. Even the dogs know not to touch anything on these tables. If I get more than three projects going at once, the place starts to take on a hoarder appearance but since the kids have gone, my give-a-dam is busted.

c0bo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2012, 5:27 pm

I'm a aspie and I'm a dirty slob, my bedroom is often messy, thinks are often on floor, I never put things in there right place and my Mum often complains about me being a slob.

davidalan11235813
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2012, 5:34 pm

I go for weeks (or even months) without cleaning, then clean obsessively for hours on end until everything is spotless.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 11:18 pm

idlewild wrote:
It varies. When I'm focusing on special interests my living space can become disastrously untidy. But when I decide to clean, I apply the same amount of focus.

Same here! Right now, my place looks like a tornado ripped through it. Once I can tear myself away from my interests it will be nearer spotless. And repeat in a cycle.

AbleBaker
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Mar 2012, 12:00 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
"Clean" and "tidy" are two different things.
Exactly. I tend to be neat and put things back when I'm finished using them but I'm not too big on cleaning. Occasionally I'll make a big job out of dusting or sweeping a particular room. On the other hand, I'm also a borderline hoarder, so things can pile up.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 12:11 am

I *must* have clutter. I feel uncomfortable in tidy or otherwise empty feeling rooms.

You will reap what you've sown.

Roier
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Mar 2012, 12:31 am

I ate a rabbit once, but I'm lying, I didn't know it was a rabbit, but it was my rabbit :( so I didn't cry :) and it tasted good :D I'll never know it was my rabbit :)

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 1:29 am

I'm definitely messy, though only in my room I guess. :P Once in a while I'll clean it up to what I consider "clean enough". Might be better if I had more space to be able to store my stuff in a more organized way. I'm just glad I'm not one of those hoarders who really don't seem to be able to even get around their own homes.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 1:33 am

Roier wrote:
I ate a rabbit once, but I'm lying, I didn't know it was a rabbit, but it was my rabbit :( so I didn't cry :) and it tasted good :D I'll never know it was my rabbit :)
I'm gonna guess you grew up on a farm...

Anyway, I pretty much keep things clean, because if I don't I'll just get so disorganized I won't be able to get anything done. Having a clean apartment is practically a prerequisite for getting any studying done.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Lunarflowermaiden
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2012, 2:30 am

My room is a bit of a mess. Though at least most of the mess is just books, which are piled onto nearly every available flat surface.

Oddly enough, out in public I have been known to tidy up shelves in stores. Mostly bookstores (sometimes Target), when I see books obviously out of place, or clothes on the floor.

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

28 Mar 2012, 3:40 am

I believe I'm a tidy person at heart as mess makes depressed and tidy makes me happy, however.... I'm a terrible procrastinator!

I've been lucky enough to always have someone around to tidy my place. Up until the age of 30 my mother would come around and occasionally clean my place because it was getting to filithy, thanks mam!:)

Now I'm married to an obsessive cleaner so.....

If I ever find myself in a position where I'm on my own I'm ashamed to say my home would probably become quite disgusting and start to resemble something from that TV programme " How clean is your house?" :oops:

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2012, 4:45 am

I thought the poll results would be the other way around

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 4:55 am

The 'Good enough for company' option fitted me best. Definitely not surgically sterile, it doesn't go that far, but I do stay on top of cleaning. I have got into the habit of always partaking in some sort of cleaning every day even if it's by taking 5-10 minutes out.

However... that's because I changed my ways. I wasn't always like that. I used to be a lot worse. I certainly have never been at 'How Clean is your House' level. Even then, the shame of people's comments and feedback about where I lived made me change my ways.

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 5:48 am

Kitchen must be clean / food is cooked there, and I'm somewhat of a contamination-a-phobe.
Project areas have piles - healthy piles - all over the place. Sometimes project areas means the entire apartment.
When I DO clean, I flip out and not only tidy, but rearrange furniture too!

One thing that I can't stand is closets, drawers, cupboards - "sealed" spaces; out of sight means out of mind. Literally.
That's the only reason (from my perspective) that I'm called messy... though I may be a bit of a hoarder too :P

SO I say I'm alternately tidy, always aware the location of any item, and hygenically sound. Yet I'm not set up for visitors to randomly appear; where would they sit?

bnky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2012, 6:00 am

I didn't vote because i couldn't find the correct answer in the poll.
As far as I'm aware "clean" and "messy" are not opposites.
Clean vs Dirty (not messy)
I have piles of stuff on every surface, but everything is clean and I know exactly where everything is.
My poll vote: clean and chaotic order

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 12:58 pm

I did not see an option for "Organized Chaos" which best describes my bedroom & Living room at present.
However, I have a terrible time dealing with disorder/dirt/sloppiness at work. Everything HAS to be in its proper place. My employers usually appreciate this habit! :)

Sincerely,
Matthew