social situations - gives us headaches?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Beelzerius
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Sep 2011, 12:45 pm

Does long exposure social interactions give you headaches? Let me know you opinions and why.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 12:49 pm

I get headaches, but not from social situations. I just get highly anxious in social situations, causing me to have palpitations.

samuraiBSD
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Sep 2011, 12:51 pm

Beelzerius wrote:
Does long exposure social interactions give you headaches? Let me know you opinions and why.

I don't always get headaches from social interactions, but if it's a "party" environment, the loud music will usually make my head hurt after a few minutes. I think it has more to do with volume and my aural sensitivity more than the social part.

SkipNip
Raven
Raven

27 Sep 2011, 1:08 pm

I don't get headaches, I do feel sick after it though.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 3:35 pm

I get severe exhaustion after social situations; when I get home I have to read in bed in dim lighting, and then go to bed early.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 6:10 pm

Sure, and exhaustion and sometimes uncontrollable sleepiness if I can't escape for a break.

For me, a lot of it is pushing my brain to understand people faster and to come up with and deliver a response faster. Also, there is the effort in employing all the "social skills"/tricks I've learned over the years. (I put "social skills" in quotes because emulation is not the same thing as running native code -- it's always much more expensive in terms of energy and stress.) Also, forcing myself not to space-out in a stressful situation doesn't help.

proxybear
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2011, 6:58 pm

It can happen, but it usually doesn't.

I normally just feel very tired, needing to lay down and relax watching a movie, listening to some good music, reading some manga or taking a nap.

I remember my first day at the university. When I came home I laid down in the bed and it felt so good. It was such an unreal feeling of relaxation. As if I had been walking in the mountains for days and finally had come home. I am always really exhausted the days I come home from school, but that time was really special.

Yoshi_chan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2012, 11:06 pm

I feel exactly what was described after say an hour-2 hours after social interaction. I get a slight 2 medium headache, my brain gets hot (I say brain becoz even though I feel my head is hot, its not even warm 2 touch), I feel uncomfortablely tired like I've been watching tv all day and I get anxious & frustrated. If I can't get out & have a moment 2 myself, all of these things will increase & I'll start 2 pinch my arms/hand or lightly bite my wrist. Needless to say, I don't have many social interactions :p

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 11:27 pm

When my head gets tired it does indeed give headache and it also feels like hangover sleeping taking a good 3-4 nap can recharge my head a bit. Why I can't work. I alread sleep 12 hours a day then I can get out side alittle for shopping and excercise

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 11:52 pm

They don't give me headaches, but I do need to be alone for a couple of days, afterwards.

LeeTimmer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jul 2012, 12:01 am

Sometimes. My biggest sensory issue is noise, and I can get a pounding headache even after get-togethers with close friends and family. We're a large family with lots of kids. It's not all noise, though. Some of it is just the stress and anxiety.

Antreus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jul 2012, 2:27 am

Beelzerius wrote:

Depends really. Sometimes when I'm talking a lot, after a period of not talking a bunch, about something I'm really into I can have a tendency to feel very fatigued from verbalizing. I've had anything from delayed/slurry speech, light pressure headaches, heaviness, difficulty concentrating, slight vertigo. It can happen at other times too, varies on the day.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 3:22 am

Very much so. Migraines.

EQ: 6.

Chris71
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jul 2012, 6:45 am

Depends on the people, depends on the conversation.

I can have conversations in social gatherings without too much problem, with most subjects ; anything from astrophysics, to gardening, to the weather, to the traffic.

What does give me headaches and anxiety is when the conversation drifts into one that follows reality TV shows, like X-factor, or "[some country] has got talent" ; particularly where the conversation dwindles on some obscure aspect of the characters. By that point, there is no return to civilisation, and the conversation (as far as I am concerned) is dead. After another 10 minutes I start to feel my lack of involvement in the converstion, then start getting stressed.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 9:50 am

If I'm in multiple social situations in one day and have to do a lot of quick thinking then I can get a bit of a headache. I usually feel pretty exhausted after having to be social too as it requires more brain power for me to pinpoint what I'm going to say and how I present myself physically.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 1:23 pm

Social situations give me headaches and make me feel exhausted, especially if there are lots of people and lots of loud noise. It just feels like it's something pounding on my head.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain