Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 2:47 am

It took me 6 months to learn how to tie my shoes
It took me until I was in middle school to be able to wear jeans with a button (before I had to have the snap buttons, because I had a really hard time undoing the regular buttons)
It took me 2 years to learn how to ride a bike
I had to have someone else cut food for me until I was about 15.

What about the rest of you?

Nightcry
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Mar 2007, 2:50 am

It took me 1 hour to learn to tie shoes.
It took me 'till I was in middle school to even CONSIDER wearing jeans.
I've never ridden a bike
And I can cut food fine.

E7ernal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Mar 2007, 2:58 am

I'm very clumsy, I couldn't ride a bike until is was 12 and I still can't ride well, I am almost always on the verge of falling over when walking around the house ( :lol: ).

I also hole a pen/pencil like this to write comfortably:

Nightcry
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Mar 2007, 2:59 am

My... Handwiting... Is... HORRIBLE!

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 3:08 am

Nightcry wrote:
My... Handwiting... Is... HORRIBLE!

Oddly enough, that's probably my best motor skill just because I used to draw so much when I was younger.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 3:57 am

I didn't ride a bike until I was 7. Also I learned to walk late. I still have some trouble opening packages/jars, doing little intricate things with my fingers. I never held a pencil right. I eventually learned how to hold forks and spoons right, but I occasionally still revert my fingers back to their original position. Also my hand-eye coordination isn't so great either. I'm hopeless at playing action games. :(

It's mainly the fine motor that I have trouble with.

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 4:03 am

my primary schools sporty attitude cured me...

I had to wear those button cord string jeans - man did i hate it!! !, I had to plan ahead to go to the toilet, and the feeling of cord was really bad.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 6:16 am

That depends. :lol:

Alaric
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Mar 2007, 7:27 am

My motor skills are pretty decent; I can do most things pretty well, and I'm ambidextrous in most things (including pistol shooting, but not writing). I have a bit of trouble threading sewing needles these days, but that's because I'm starting to have trouble focusing on the eye of the needle at that short distance.

On the other hand, I could never catch a ball worth a damn, though I could almost always get the intercept and swat it; and when I tried to play tennis, I usually got to the ball, but my aim was terrible. I'd as likely as not embed the ball in the back fence or send it clear out of the court.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 8:31 am

Never been able to use a keyboard without watching where I'm typing, and even then ! ! Frequently I'll be holding something, lose my grip, and over-compensate, and flip whatever up into the air. I used to enjoy working on my car, but now I'm constantly getting confused as to tightening and loosening a bolt if I'm underneath ! !!

Handwriting has always been rum.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 9:03 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Never been able to use a keyboard without watching where I'm typing, and even then ! ! Frequently I'll be holding something, lose my grip, and over-compensate, and flip whatever up into the air. I used to enjoy working on my car, but now I'm constantly getting confused as to tightening and loosening a bolt if I'm underneath ! !!

Handwriting has always been rum.

With the top of the bolt.... rIGHT is tIGHT(clockwise), Left is Loose!

Steve

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Mar 2007, 9:09 am

I was in 3rd grade when I finally figured out how to tie my shoe laces. I think it was the whole explanation with the rabbit and the rabbit hole that got me really confused. Like... what was the point of all that? Just tell me straight what to do and I'll figure it out.

I still don't know how to ride a bike and I'm 28!
I tried to convince my hubby to rent one when we went to Centre Island last year, but he was afraid that I'd have fallen.

Needless to say- I don't know how to drive.

Hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2007, 9:36 am

The shame of late-learning as regard to tying laces, riding a bike, roller skating (which I never did master) pales in comparison to the shame of my horrible handwriting, inability to properly use a knife and fork, and drive a car.

alex
Developer
Developer

02 Mar 2007, 9:41 am

surprisingly good (unless i'm intensely preoccupied with something else, and not paying attention to my surroundings)

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 9:44 am

I was good at some things, terrible at others... I was not good at balancing on a bike, but I was an excellent roller skater once I had been doing it a while. I remember I had terrible trouble with my school tie(yes, females had to wear a tie!) and hated the thing! It made me feel choked and I ended up always asking mother to do it for me. I cannot remember when I started with shoelaces but I still have trouble with them. I never considered it really, I thought it was normal to pull too much lace through or to keep dropping them as you try to tie them. I am clumsy, for sure, known for spilling things and dropping things. Just never thought it was unusual til I came across aspergers.

Jameson
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 10:18 am

I'm partially ambidextrous. I juggle... check out my vid -

I'm clumsy when I don't pay attention, though.

Air·is·water·with·holes·in·it. Think·honk·if·you're·a·telepath. Never·call·a·man·a·fool.·Borrow·from·him. A·tautology·is·a·thing·which·is·tautological. Hi!·I'm·a·.signature·virus!·Copy·me·into·your·~/.signature·to·help·me·spread!