Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Australia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2012, 9:50 am

im great at weightlifting and have high reflexes and very good hand eye coordination.

BlackDwarf
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2012, 10:07 am

Guitar and drawing mainly.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 10:43 am

Singing, thinking up stories and characters, analyzing and looking through people (yes, really!)

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 1:03 pm

I've been told I am "an expert" artist, good marksman, fast learner and imaginative/creative writer with an advanced vocabulary. I personally don't know if I am good at something (other than inciting anger in others without any clue as to how I do it) and perhaps that's a good thing.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 1:18 pm

I love to draw and paint. I have a great soprano 1 voice and I love to play games like tetris and bejeweled, =) But What I am best at of those is painting and drawing, as far as doing, Been drawing, sketching and painting for about 6 months now, four on devianart.

I like to draw flowers, bugs, trees, faces (to some extent) stuff about video games I like and foliage. Here are some samples

[img][800:768]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/263/4/4/449130fa2f2e6a89b018852b43923c6e-d5fcijt.jpg[/img]

[img][800:719]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/247/d/1/the_rose_by_tempertempest-d5dio2k.jpg[/img]

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

I am pretty good at most things I try, but not exceptional in any one thing.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

Drawing. I went all the way through university to get a degree for it.

Trouble is, illustration is a very stressful, competitive and very socially interactive field. I tried for a couple years after earning my BFa to make it work but I couldn't do it. Depression and anxiety during that time was severe. I'm such a perfectionist that the better I became at drawing the more obsessed about the details I became. It is at a point now where I absolutely hate it. All I see is flaw after flaw after flaw. I often want to take all my old drawings and burn them. I have not done any artwork in over a year.

I wonder if I made a mistake choosing to major in art. I could have easily done a field more suited to my needs. I don't know.

Fortunately my current job, entirely unrelated to art, seems to fit okay. It doesn't pay well, but it pays enough to live okay and get by. It's okay. If I do this the rest of my life, I think I am okay with that.

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2012, 2:32 pm

1. Video games
2. Haven't tried anything else

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 2:47 pm

Playing cricket, providing directions and memorizing world flags.

Buttoneater
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Sep 2012, 3:16 pm

In the past I've composed music, and though I'm not really trained, the professors in the music department I showed my stuff to all liked it. I write, since a few months ago. I create odd stories, usually with influences from bizarro fiction. My stories also commonly feature psychedelia, sometimes a little, sometimes it's pervasive. Dark humor is another important element, as well as humor that arises out of people reacting exactly opposite the way they should in a given situation. They also usually feature happy endings, and highly dubious moral messages, such as "It doesn't matter whether people like you or not when you're rich", "Sometimes its a good thing for little kids to get high", "Murder-suicide can be preferable to death from old age", "If you give a not-too-bright, autistic preschooler a whole box of benadryl, they'll turn into a precog like from minority report," and "If you're having psychiatric problems and aren't sure what's real, you should stay inside your house for a week, alone and on huge amounts of LSD".

Those are my big strengths, really, but I'm also a smart guy in general and am knowledgeable about a wide variety of topics. This of course means I'm good at trivial pursuit. I'll always remember the look of shock on my dad's face when he asked me who gave Norway up to the Nazis, and I correctly answered Vidkun Quisling. I thought anyone who had ever watched the history channel for five minutes in the morning before masturbating and starting their day knew that, but he thought it was utterly arcane.

NextDoorLunatic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Sep 2012, 3:52 pm

Writing. A lot of people just assume that because I develop some kind of stutter when I talk to a bigger audience I must generally be stupid. Whenever I have the chance to express myself with pen and paper I'm usually able to change their opinion.

As for activities the only sport I have ever been okay at was field hockey. We played it for a few weeks in gym class when I was in ninth grade and I was one of the first students to get picked in a team. Never happened to me before... and, after these weeks, never again. There aren't any field hockey teams in my area it's pretty rough to the knees and therefor nothing I could permanently play...

Issit
Raven
Raven

23 Sep 2012, 3:58 pm

Fern, very good, am crossing my fingers for you.

I used to be a very good climber,
and I think we really can be good at climbing-
as you do not really have to socialize, there is you.and the rock.
(or wall, but rock is better)
And if you let her, the rock will start talking to you,
and you will become one with the rock and it will be like a dance, like a communion.

Shrok
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm

Anything that requires intense thought. I have an IQ of 167 but am somewhat lazy and have ADHD so it doesn't tend to work out well for me, however when I can actually pay attention and stay motivated for more than five minutes I learn at the speed of sound and think at the speed of light.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 4:24 pm

Cooking, songwriting and recording, route planning, repurposing, languages, machining, home repairs, staying upright on 2-wheeled conveyances and massaging better performance out of them

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 4:41 pm

Im a very good runner. Im not the best but I have won quite a few age group award.
Im in pretty good shape as well. I was a good super mario kart player (super nes)

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 4:43 pm

Honestly, I don't really have a niche with anything. I'm alright at creative writing.