Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Bradford
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2012, 2:36 pm

anna-banana wrote:
it doesn't really cure addiction, at least not for long. it might give you a feeling of being "born again" and blah blah but soon enough you'll be shooting up again.

Some of us wonder if the strength of your opinion is proportionate to your knowledge of the subject or if you are simply spouting ignorance.

Buttoneater
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2012, 3:22 pm

I am familiar with it but have never used it. I find mescaline to be sufficient for treating my alcoholism and unipolar depression, and boy was I shocked when I found out it basically turns you into an nt for the next month after you do it, at least for me. Of course I use it once a month (or more) now.

edit: I thought I must still have been tripping when all of a sudden I could read people's emotions just from their body language.

Last edited by Buttoneater on 30 Sep 2012, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buttoneater
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2012, 3:25 pm

Pondering wrote:
Ibogaine is not an experience to be abused, it's supposed to be so intense far more than any legal and illegal hallucinogen/entheogen, that one would not want to do such a thing on a regular basis. I've heard a lot about Ibogaine treatments and yes they have helped people get off many addictions. If you are desperate for finding a treatment or cure whatever you call it and nothing else is doing it for you, why the hell not try Ibogaine in a safe and legal setting with a legit shaman since it has much evidence in treating and curing illness such as addiction.

Stronger than ayahuasca, even?

Bradford
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2012, 5:35 pm

Buttoneater wrote:

From the accounts I've heard, yes it is, and considerably longer in duration. I've only researched ibogaine but have a lot of first hand experience with ayahuasca. In fact that's how I kicked a fifth-a-day alcohol habit and a 2-1/2 pack-a-day cigarette habit over twenty years ago. There's certainly little potential for abuse or addiction with the latter. Users refer to the experience as Work, not Happy Play Time. It has pleasant moments aplenty but the experience is often largely about self-correction. This is usually a fairly gentle kind of guidance, but it can get rough if you try to run and hide.

MindAsh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Oct 2012, 4:39 pm

Bradford wrote:
Buttoneater wrote:

From the accounts I've heard, yes it is, and considerably longer in duration. I've only researched ibogaine but have a lot of first hand experience with ayahuasca. In fact that's how I kicked a fifth-a-day alcohol habit and a 2-1/2 pack-a-day cigarette habit over twenty years ago. There's certainly little potential for abuse or addiction with the latter. Users refer to the experience as Work, not Happy Play Time. It has pleasant moments aplenty but the experience is often largely about self-correction. This is usually a fairly gentle kind of guidance, but it can get rough if you try to run and hide.

having first hand experience i have to agree and in regards to being stronger than Aya i guess in a way it is especially in duration but the general effect is entirely different. where as i consider Aya the feminine side of the brain iboga/ibogaine is definitely the masculine side and as was mentioned in a prior post regarding mescalin turning the person into an NT for a month following ibogaine can have the same efect and for myself it went on for at least 6 months and still in some ways to this day. i can even make eye contact without discomfort now

Bradford
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Oct 2012, 2:15 am

I've been wondering for some time about other aspies and entheogens. Might even set up an anonymous forum survey some day. Back in the day (60's) acid shook my original programming loose, peypte opened my heart a bit and teonanacatl gave me some higher purpose, but ayahuasca has really helped me adapt, especially socially, since I've been doing it in groups and there's lots of close contact afterwards, plus very little small talk and lots of hugging. Still hit serious limits of overstimulation there though.

MindAsh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2012, 9:24 pm

Bradford wrote:
I've been wondering for some time about other aspies and entheogens. Might even set up an anonymous forum survey some day. Back in the day (60's) acid shook my original programming loose, peypte opened my heart a bit and teonanacatl gave me some higher purpose, but ayahuasca has really helped me adapt, especially socially, since I've been doing it in groups and there's lots of close contact afterwards, plus very little small talk and lots of hugging. Still hit serious limits of overstimulation there though.

I know what you mean man believe me lol. I've never had the opportunity to engage in a group Ayahuasca ceremony tho ive taken it both alone and with at least 1 very close friend i have but the first time i took it i jumped the gun waiting for my friend to show up and it kicked in hard about 15 minutes before he arrived. The issue was that i used a very intense dose (about 50 grams of mimosa hostilis root bark) and a few grams of syrian rue (i have since replaced the rue with Harmine extract) and did not realize such a dose would hit so dramaticly. thankfully tho i made it through without much discomfort which cant be said for one of the last Aya ventures i undertook but i must say Ibogaine has by far had the most profound effects on both my psyche and overall health and having 0% long term negative effects is always a plus, i definitely urge people to take a look at the potential of ibogaine and see it as a very effective therapy for many things instead of a shedual 1 narcotic which is by definition a rediculous classification for such a plant and alkaloid....sigh

CannabisForAutism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2012, 6:11 am

Hi. For sure, Ibogaine is intense, but it's not as intense as Brief Reactive Psychosis which is the Daddy and Mommy of all altered states rolled into one. Have no fear.

As for the 'Disease model of Addiction' - are you sure there's good science to back it up? I can't find any, and there's a lot of eye-openers here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_Park

www.facebook.com/cfoura

MindAsh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Oct 2013, 12:58 am

" what if you get addicted to Ibogaine?"
NOT POSSIBLE! it wouldn't let you. its not very pleasant and it wouldn't even allow me to eat anything unhealthy following my experience with it also it has the highest sucess rate statistically over all other forms of addiction therapy.

i am surprised at the level of ignorance towards this amazing alkaloid. after one dose 4 years ago i haven't gone back to substance abuse and as stated above even my entire diet changed also during the experience ibogaine forces you more or less to address issues that initiated substance abuse to begin with allowing a sort of visual communication with the subconscious. it has also shown a very strong potential for treating and possibly curing such things as Alzheimer's disease as well as other forms fo dementia and personally speaking my ASD practically dissolved following my dose and 4 years later nothing has relapsed for me

there are plenty of documentaries and scientific/medical information online that should be easy enough to locate via google

for those who are against it simply for the reason of it being stigmatized as an illegal substance please also consider how many parents have no issue giving their children Adderall which is quite literally crystal meth reformulated....

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Oct 2013, 2:01 pm

anna-banana wrote:
it doesn't really cure addiction, at least not for long. it might give you a feeling of being "born again" and blah blah but soon enough you'll be shooting up again.

Apparently many heroin addicts have cured their addiction through ibogaine use.

Mh1267
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2020, 3:05 pm

I have used Ibogaine for addiction I have also helped my son overcome heroin addiction using it. It was life changing. I had tried rehab a couple of times but I was never able to overcome the addiction, until I self medicated with Ibogaine. I am willing to answer any questions anyone my have on the topic.