HYPERSENSITIVE? Comfortable Clothing/Locations Topic

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

alannow
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Oct 2012, 11:53 am

Hello everyone! I have been to heck and back trying to find clothing (specifically t-shirts) that I can wear without triggering my intense hypersensitivity around my neck, chest and shoulders. I am sure there are others out there who have similar difficulties, so I made this topic provide tips and locations where you're able to successfully wear comfortable clothes. Please feel free to provide your trials and tribulations and success tips on clothing so others here can benefit as well.

I have only found comfortable shirts at 2 retailers:

1) 21Men - This line of clothing is found only in SELECT Forever21 stores. I highly suggest trying on the sizes and textures first in person before any online shopping. You can look online if there is a store near you: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Catego ... m_whatsnew

2) Old Navy - I have found that shirts with the same blends (for ex. 60% cotton/40% polyester) have widely varying roughness of textures that range from torture to heaven. What I do is simply first give it a "touch test" by hand for the first round of approval, then try it on for real in the changing room for final approval. If you look on the inside collar, I have found the shirts that say "MADE IN INDONESIA," "MADE IN MEXICO" and "MADE IN VIETNAM" are like being in t-shirt comfort heaven! Also if I get the shirt on the slightly larger side (I got XL but I usually wear L) there is less friction with the fabric and my body and it makes the shirt extra comfortable.

Ok, so what tips do you guys have?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Oct 2012, 3:09 pm

Most of my clothes come from thrift and second hand shops. The reason being that these clothing items have already been broken in and are incredibly soft. The only draw back is that most of the time the used clothing has gotten perfume or fabric softener scent deeply imbedded in them so that I have quite a time getting the scent out of them. I also like ethnic clothing, such as Asian Indian or Asian, which can be really comfortable.