Seeing your own words with fresh eyes

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Rational
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2013, 7:55 am

I have learned to recognise how something sounds/looks like, upon reading/seeing it. This has helped me, to an extend, to express myself closer to the way I wanted to. However, I am still having this issue:

When I write a text, including this very text I'm writing at the moment, I do not know how it sounds like. Upon rereading it, I learn that, but not always - it works the best if I wait for some time to pass. Sometimes I am horrified by what I find - my words sounding totally not like what I meant to express. Therefore, it takes me very long time to write important text where I can't afford to make a mistake. I was wondering what is the source of the problem, and how do I remove it. So far, I have recognized that NLD is probably not the source.

I have AS. It will help if you tell me whether or not you have this problem, and which conditions do you have, to see which are related. I also have OCD, ADHD and NLD. Additionally, I am not socially awkward - this is the result of social skills training, but I used to be.

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 9:31 am

I have this same issue and have also tried the same approach. What causes it I do not know but it would be helpful to find out.

Rational
Raven
Raven

24 Feb 2013, 6:46 am

It might have something to do with high latent inhibition and possibly bad concentration.

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 5:19 pm

Rational wrote:
It might have something to do with high latent inhibition and possibly bad concentration.

That’s a pretty good description of my personality.