Fnord wrote:
Define "Friend", please.

someone whom you spend time with often and enjoy their company

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Franss
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Mar 2013, 8:45 am

I think most important... A friend is somebody you can rely on in every situation and for whom you are present as well. You don't necessarily need to be in touch every day. You know they'll always be there!

I have several very good friends. And I feel very lucky about it.

Never be afraid to go and meet new people participate and be proud of yourself! :)

A smile makes it all ;)

M56
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Mar 2013, 9:39 am

I have a few acquaintances through my wife that I may see a couple times a year, but other than that, no.
I think I'd like to have a friend or two, so if I wanted to go to a game or just hang out with someone (besides wife) I could, but now I have no idea how/where to meet people.
When I was younger, I would meet people at school or whatever job I had. Now that I'm older, I don't attend school and I work from home.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 7:26 pm

Yeah, I have friends, but I have been neglecting them lately for the most part because I keep thinking that the more time I spend on my schoolwork, the better grades I will get. And I can't multitask in doing my schoolwork and talking to friends at the same time. :(

Maybe we could all move in together sometime and have one happy family :) I wish.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

StreetlightFancies
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Mar 2013, 7:50 pm

Yes. I've always at most had a few close friends, and that's been more than enough for me.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 12:12 am

Franss wrote:
I think most important... A friend is somebody you can rely on in every situation and for whom you are present as well. You don't necessarily need to be in touch every day. You know they'll always be there!

This definition changes my original answer a bit. I DO have a few people in my life that I feel I could rely on, and they KNOW they can me. The problem is that I'm terrible about keeping in touch with them. I don't like calling people on the phone just to chat, but will only if I have something specific to say. And I rarely have anything that I feel warrants a call. They might disagree with me, and believe that any contact is better than none. But then again, they don't stay in touch with me either. But I know that if I really needed any of them, they'd be there in a flash.

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 12:38 am

I only have a bunch of acquiescence, and no friends, in fact I have never had a real friend in my life. :(

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 12:52 am

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Define "Friend", please.

someone whom you spend time with often and enjoy their company

In that case, I have no friends. But, define "often"...maybe I do.

silentlyvela
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Mar 2013, 1:06 am

PIYOSOFT wrote:
My dog is my only bff.

Same here, my families dog, and my teddy bears are my friends. They treat me better anyways.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 2:20 am

Makes sense to me

Franss wrote:

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 3:51 pm

Don't have any friends at the moment.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 3:57 pm

Yes. Not counting my husband and brother (though I consider them friends too) I have two I see regularly and a handful of online friends I see once in a blue moon. I thought I lost a friend recently but I was just being paranoid.
I hung out with them on Saturday and I'm still recovering, though. Socializing is just difficult. It leaves me feeling like a snail that has been deprived of its shell (guess that makes me a slug). I'm useless for a couple days.

Dazzlious
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2013, 8:15 pm

MathGirl wrote:
Maybe we could all move in together sometime and have one happy family :) I wish.

mhmm -.- often think it would be marvelous to live in proximity to my handful of close friends ;-)