Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Shelbo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jun 2013, 1:44 pm

Finally someone else who would rather chop their hands off than talk on the phone! I mean, I've always felt overwhelmed and anxious about talking on phones since I was a kid. My nana calls our house every night, but my heart always sinks when my father say, "I'll put Shelby on the phone, and she'll tell you about it herself." I'm VERY attached to my grandmother, and in real life, I can talk to her no problem, but PHONES! I dunno. I know that was almost off topic, and doesn't answer your deal, but I just never heard someone else say that telecommunicating made them feel anxious too.

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2013, 2:00 pm

Don't put up with ridiculous voicemail. Go the heck down there and see the receptionist.....they will HAVE to speak to you then.

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 6:31 pm

I never answer my phone, nor do I check voicemail. If it's a missed call, I will call back if I wish to.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 5:56 pm

Well, no one called me back after two days and two voicemails, so I called another number that was supposed to be for emergencies. They helped me right away, and didn't seem at all surprised that the folks at the other number ignored me.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 2:58 am

Shelbo wrote:
Finally someone else who would rather chop their hands off than talk on the phone! I mean, I've always felt overwhelmed and anxious about talking on phones since I was a kid. My nana calls our house every night, but my heart always sinks when my father say, "I'll put Shelby on the phone, and she'll tell you about it herself." I'm VERY attached to my grandmother, and in real life, I can talk to her no problem, but PHONES! I dunno. I know that was almost off topic, and doesn't answer your deal, but I just never heard someone else say that telecommunicating made them feel anxious too.

Maybe you could do webcam with grandma instead? Then it isn't so much like sitting holding a hunk of plastic talking to thin air.

I don't like phones either and as many times as things in these forums ring a bell for me I consistently come up NT...so I guess I am.