What was the worst time period of your life?

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What was the worst time period of your life?
Pre school 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Elementary school 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Middle school 37%  37%  [ 29 ]
High school 37%  37%  [ 29 ]
College/University 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
Post graduation/Work life 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 78

Outerspace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2013, 7:24 pm

high school and all my teenage years until the age not long of 18yrs when i actually got a friend who became my true best friend and i got a social life.

wavecannon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2013, 7:33 pm

Primary school as that was the time I was on suicide watch. Can hardly say secondary school was better though. A few days in year 10 I couldn't get myself out of bed.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 8:04 pm

3rd year of university. That is when I had my first mania episode. There were other periods that had their moments of cruddiness, but that was nuclear core meltdown horrible.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 10:24 pm

babybird wrote:
^^Oh well, we can all have one big crisis together then :lol:

I'm having a fifth-life-crisis. And that's being optimistic, considering I'm a guy :lol:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 10:59 pm

The summer of 2006 (which I may not have even lived past if I hadn't had my die cast Cars as friends and confidants) and my junior year of high school (2008-09).

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

09 Aug 2013, 11:25 pm

High school and junior high with the bullying and people pretending to be my friends then using what I told them in confidence against me.......I only started to come out of my shell in college. After college I was stuck at a grocery store where I was bullied again and "emotionally and mentally beaten" back down. My current job, where I have two years of seniority under my belt now is really good....I am now recovering from the past traumas and with my excellent benefit plan I can see a therapist and get my mental health back on track. I am being built back up, I have coworkers who are great, and the parts director and company president have said I do good work.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 11:32 pm

No option for "All of the Above" ... ?

It's been the best of lives; it's been the worst of lives.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 1:22 am

worst - shortly after losing my profession due to AS, suicidal

second worst - medical residency, working with people 100 hours per week was absolutely draining. the only thing that made it livable was that i knew it would end. well, that and actually helping people.

third worst - psychotic episodes filled with terror

best - med school - we all had the same special interest, most friends of any time in my life

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 1:38 am

When mah dad died. When mah ma became seriously ill. Every time I'm not enough for someone and a divine disappointment (even though I try).

Bad "emotional" events involving others in other words.

Mental breakdown, mental hostel, mental illness (ASD included), bullying, surgery and whatnot doesn't really register.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

10 Aug 2013, 2:06 am

Hard to say, I haven't had a 'one' bad period in my life, more like bad moments.

In my life, I am the type of person who will stay strong and endure even in his most darkest of days.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Harrison54
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Aug 2013, 2:18 am

Fnord wrote:

^This^

I was a late diagnosis, not finding out I was on the spectrum until I was 50 meant I'd spent my life pushing my boundaries to the max.

This meant that I roller coasted through success and failure and then back again at light speed. The last nine years have been a little more relaxed now that I understand my boundaries a bit more.

It's been a blast :)

RandyG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2013, 2:24 am

I spent my high school years chronically depressed. That was before ASD existed as a diagnosis, so I just figured I was useless. If it weren't for books, music, and summer camp, I never would have survived.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 8:25 am

Middle School and High School were the worse times of my life. I was picked on ans ostracized by my peers about my different style and special interests. I was wearing clothes that were fashionable a few years ago at that time because I didn't like change. I was also a Beatles Fan in grades 8 and 9 and I haven't mastered the art of keeping hush-hush about my special interests, because I wasn't aware that I'm on the spectrum until my mum told me three nights after my 15th Birthday.

My mum had no sympathy for me. If I told her that bullies were attacking me on account of my special interests at that time, she told me that I brought it on myself with the pins that I was wearing to school. She also could have been more supportive of me during my High School years by actually listening to me instead of yelling at me and belittling me.

It wasn't a very good time. I was forcing myself to hide my special interests and my gender identity.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 11:23 am

1994 - I first started school and was a dickhead, spewed out suddenly drastic behaviour what shocked my parents (after 4 years of being a typical baby), and worried the teachers. My poor mum must have felt very devastated.

2002-2003 - this was when I began to realise how lonely I was, and first felt what depression actually felt like. Before I was a teenager I don't think I realised what depression was. But that is quite normal because they say if a small child is depressed something is wrong with their upbringing.

2004 - I was beginning to lose my cousin was had always been close to me ever since I was born (she was only a year older than me). I lost her because of one pedophile, control-freak psychopath. He made up the most amazing lies in order to be able to brainwash my cousin and my cousin's mum and not get in trouble for it, but got everyone else in trouble instead who saw the bad in it. The mum is reunited with us now but my cousin is still kept under his control and I haven't spoken to her properly since 2005.

2009 - the swine flu scare caused me to have several panic attacks, I got bullied by some so-called ''friends'', the bus-driver I fancied got reported by some busybody and was horrible to me not to mention I embarrassed myself because I got too upset about it, my (lost :roll: ) cousin's mum found another boyfriend what made me worry about her again and caused me to have more panic attacks......that year could not have got much worse.

Kylyssa
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Aug 2013, 11:59 am

Fnord wrote:

This. Although it wasn't a problem, really, other than getting beaten up and bullied by other, older kids until I was about ten. Then my age mates were able to figure out I was weird and they were no longer influenced by the fact that teachers seemed to love me for being intelligent.

It's been better for the last six years since I was diagnosed and since I got together with my partner and found other friends who are accepting and near-spectrum themselves.

Once I found out I wasn't just a freak because I'm a bad person it got better from there on out.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 12:09 pm

6th grade and 2012.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.